Today's music is garbage

ricardo23

• 3 weeks later...

Hindi naman sa garbage....pero I think kulang sa pagbuo ng lyrics. Ok naman yung melody. (Though mas maganda yung mga kanta dati. Pinag-isipan at talagang may instrument solo)

Ang nakakalungkot sa OPM ay yung puro revive don't make me mention names....marami rami diyan. Puro cover o revive. AS IN. Tapos gagawin nilang OST ng teleserye

Kakaunti na lang gumagawa ng bagong music.

This topic is too hard to agree and disagree with.

First, not all music today are trash, it's just the fact that the media like radios and televisions plays music that are played by the people who are liked by the mass because of their looks, therefore, you only know the trash music of our generation. But if you look(more like listen) on the underground and even in the not-so-underground music scene, it is not trashy at all. It's just that most of the people in this age prefer people with good looks or international artist other that the people who has some real passion for music. The "ORIGINAL" Pinoy Music scene, emphasizing on the original, is considered "baduy" by small minded people, therefore their music is only appreciated by few people.

Second, I know that not all old musics from 90's and 80's are good. Ofcourse there are trash musics, there will always be. Time dictates what is trash and not, the trash 90's and 80's are now forgotten and the good ones are remembered. That is why people say old music are good, because all they can remember is the good ones because who would remember the trash ones?

I say let's be proud of the real filipino musicians with their passion for music, may they be blessed and discovered for their music and all the people the people who patronizes artist because of their looks can die now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Para sakin maganda ang mga house music today, maganda kasi ang bass nila lalo na kung maganda ang sound system mo, I just couldn't resist to have my head shakin maski sa jeepney ako and naka earphones, tinry din namin sa kotse ng tropa ko na naka setup at talaga naman patok sa mga girls.

Pero kung sa quality and originality nothing beats the oldies, I am at my twenties right now pero I listen to engelbert humperdinck songs, hindi naman palagi pero I really appreciate the art of the old songs, how well modulated the voices of the singers back then and the raw sounds of the instruments that is truly a masterpiece and a talent to be appreciated.

Kung ang source mo lang ng music is popular FM stations then you are robbing yourself of a world of wonderful music. Find other sources, popular music today is full of trash that it numbs the brain. Plenty of beautiful music out there from unrecognized musicians. Kids these days think it is no longer necessary to learn even the most basic of music theories to write music. They just need an old obscure recording, splice it up and mix it into their own hastily written rhymes and presto, you have a "cool" song with zero feel and no message.

Edited by startoffbeat
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Nope, maraming maganda, nostalgia bias lang talaga mga tao.

Also maraming pangit nun kaso tv at radyo lang kaya nafifilter. Ngayon may internet freedom, kahit tunog

ewan umaabot sa publiko.

Nu107 days, kaka miss lang talaga. yung generation ng 90's and early 2000 rock and alternative nag proliferate. Golden days (fmo) for that genre nung time na yun. :(

Hinde naman ako against sa music ng ngayon, pero hirap pako ma kursunadahan hehe. Tama sinabi ni "Sinless", guilty ako jan medyo bias pa din ako. Im still learning to appreciate the music nowadays

Youtube,mp3,spotify na muna bumubuhay sakin para in touch pa din sa old music. At paminsan minsan na jam88.3 for some new ones. :)

• 4 weeks later...