Upcoming Movies - Want To Watch?

i've seen the movie trailer a few days ago.recommended for hopeless romantics (like me).

Master chef Kate Armstrong (Academy Award winner Catherine Zeta-Jones) lives her life like she runs her kitchen at a trendy Manhattan eatery with a no-nonsense intensity that both captivates and intimidates everyone around her. Kate's perfectionist nature is put to the test when she "inherits" her nine-year-old niece Zoe (Abigail Breslin), while contending with a brash new sous-chef who joins her staff. High-spirited and freewheeling, Nick Palmer (Aaron Eckhart) couldn't be more different from Kate, yet the chemistry between them is undeniable. Rivalry becomes romance, but Kate will have to learn to express herself beyond the realm of her kitchen if she wants to connect with Zoe and find true happiness with Nick.

No Reservations ata title nito

Death Race (remake):

Former model Natalie Martinez ("Fashion House," "Saints & Sinners") is talks to star as the romantic lead opposite Jason Statham in Death Race, Universal Pictures' remake of the Roger Corman cult classic being directed by Paul W.S. Anderson. Death Race sees a future America in which prison inmates are forced to brutally compete in an enclosed arena. Statham is starring as a prisoner who, with only weeks to go before his release, is coerced into being a driver in a road rally to the death and becomes a crowd favorite called Frankenstein. Martinez will play Case, a woman who is assigned to be Statham's navigator and ends up assisting him in his plan to escape the prison. She joins a cast that includes Joan Allen, Ian McShane and Tyrese Gibson.

Kamisama no Puzzle:

Producer Haruki Kadokawa and cult fave Takashi Miike have linked to make "Kamisama no Puzzle" (God's Puzzle), a sci-fi romantic comedy based on a prize-winning, bestselling novel by Shinji Kimoto. Hayato Ichihara ("Juon 2," "Rainbow Song") stars as twins -- one a diligent student and one who is drifting through school and life. They join forces with a pretty, brilliant, dropout (Mitsuki Tanimura) to unlock the secrets of the universe and build one of their own. Principal photography is set to start at the Nikkatsu Studio in Tokyo on Aug. 22. Release is aimed for the summer of 2008, though a distrib has yet to be locked in.

Hitman:

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/5258/hitman12tnfv8.jpg

John Rambo:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3158/rambo8nz1.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7335/rambo7bs7.jpg

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7980/rambo6bk4.jpg

The sequel to "Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle"

What's it about?

"Harold & Kumar 2" involves Kumar being mistaken for a 'bomb carrying terrorist' while the pair are trying to sneak a bong on board a plane en route to Amsterdam. They are incarcerated in a Guantanamo Bay detainment camp but manage to escape. The film follows their adventures as fugitives from the Department of Homeland Security as they travel through Miami to Texas and ultimately find themselves in the ranch-house of President George W. Bush.

Tentatively titled "Harold & Kumar Go To Amsterdam" or "Harold & Kumar in Amsterdam"

UNIVERSAL CITY, California — When we last saw the heroes of 2004's "Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle," they had managed to get themselves out of prison, ditch Neil Patrick Harris, take down the "extreme!" sports punks and stuff themselves full of sliders. Once Maria Quesa Dilla finally returned Harold's flirtations and headed off to Amsterdam, however, there were many questions left hanging: Are the boys still obsessed with a Cruise-possessed Katie Holmes? What became of Freakshow? And, most importantly, will the boys leave the hash bars long enough to find true love?

To answer those questions and more, John "Harold Lee" Cho giddily revealed, the script for "Harold & Kumar Go to Amsterdam" is currently being rolled and readied, with plans to light it up in a mere seven months.

" 'Harold & Kumar 2' is coming up," the 34-year-old South Korean actor beamed. "We're shooting for January right now to go and shoot this puppy."

Although originally viewed as a box-office dud, substantial DVD sales and a huge cult audience eventually convinced the studio to bring Harold and Kumar back for another hit. Giving a shout-out to the fans who made it happen, Cho happily dismissed straight-to-video rumors and confirmed that the flick will get a full theatrical release: "Absosmurfly," he laughed. "It's going to be excellent."

Cho said the script is as much about Harold and Kumar getting to Amsterdam as it is about them actually being there. "That's what we're trying to do in the movie," he said of their journey. "There's going to be some complications [to the trip]. What? Really? Obstacles in a movie? Yes.

"I actually think it's funnier than the first one," Cho added, revealing that the boys won't be quite so hungry this time around since it's hard to find an international White Castle. "I think we're abandoning the whole burger thing, but there are other things. It's going to be a really funny political movie. It's going to go there."

As fans know, the first flick had a lot more going on than just dumb stoner jokes. With that in mind, Cho was asked if the new script is in fact a thinly veiled indictment of the Bush administration. His answer might sound surprising: "You don't know how close you are, actually," he said.

Of the surface story, Cho said, "Harold and Kumar are going to go through a friendship crisis — it's going to be deep. And Kumar may find love."

Quickly, he added, "But not with Harold. Don't look at me like that."

In addition, Kumar's other true love will also make a return appearance. "There's a chance that you might see some romantic comedy with the bag of weed," Cho said, referring to the enormous baggie from the original flick's love montage.

The actor also revealed that Neil Patrick Harris, now a TV star once again with "How I Met Your Mother," has been written into the sequel. "I certainly hope he says yes, because it is waiting for him," he said.

"Harold & Kumar Go to Amsterdam" is expected in theaters in late 2007.

post-23387-1187689120.jpg

Them:

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/7879/themver2hw4.jpg

Ten Dead Men:

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/8531/tendeadmenpa7.jpg

The Flock:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/2296/flockver2vr4.jpg

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/355/flockver3pj9.jpg

Right at Your Door:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9436/rightatyourdooruj8.jpg

The Wizard of Oz (remake):

Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow Pictures are teaming on "Oz," a revisionist take on the L. Frank Baum books that hatched "The Wizard of Oz." Project was acquired based on an idea by Todd McFarlane that was fleshed out and pitched by Josh Olson ("A History of Violence"). Olson will write and McFarlane will produce with Thunder Road’s Basil Iwanyk. Rick Benattar ("Shoot ’Em Up") is exec producer. The pair are still working on the tone of the project, and will most likely base the look of the characters on a line of action figures that McFarlane created a couple of years ago. The new version will be very dark and edgy, and will skirt the edges of the PG-13 rating.

The Spirit:

Reports says that Eva Mendes will now join Gabriel Macht, Samuel L. Jackson and Scarlett Johansson in the action adventure pic for Lionsgate. Miller adapted the story which centers on a man (Macht) who fakes his own death and fights crime from the shadows of Central City. The Octopus (Jackson) -- who kills anyone unfortunate enough to see his face -- has a different mission: he's going to wipe out the entire city. The Spirit tracks this cold-hearted killer from Central City's rundown warehouses, to the damp catacombs, to the windswept waterfront... all the while facing a bevy of beautiful women who either want to seduce, love or k*ll our masked crusader. Filming is expected to get underway in October at New Mexico's Albuquerque Studios for a 2009 release.

Aliens Vs. Predator - Requiem:

20th Century Fox 's Alien vs. Predator follow-up is now going by Aliens Vs. Predator - Requiem. Written by Shane Salerno and directed by the Strause brothers, the movie is scheduled to hit theaters on Christmas Day. In the film, the iconic monsters from two of the scariest film franchises ever, wage war in an American Midwestern town – with the residents caught in the middle. David Paetkau, John Ortiz, Johnny Lewis, Reiko Aylesworth, Sam Trammell, Shareeka Epps and Steven Pasquale star.

Sweeney Todd:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/2345/sweeneytoddjv0.jpg

http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/9788/sweeneytodd1np5.jpg

Justice League of America:

It appears that Warner Bros. is moving ahead with their planned live-action Justice League of America movie, with casting reportedly set to commence shortly for an early 2008 start date. Rumor has it that JLA could very well be a motion-capture film a la Beowulf, Avatar and The Polar Express. This could explain the recasting of major characters such as Batman and Superman, as well as the reported early '08 production start.

According to reports, "Brandon Routh and Christian Bale won't be starring as Superman and Batman, respectively, in the Justice League movie -- but they will both still be starring in the stand-alone Superman and Batman sequels. Bale informed that he hasn't been approached about playing Batman in JLA, adding, "It'd be better if (JLA) doesn't tread on the toes of what we're doing, though I feel that it would be better if it comes out after Batman 3."

The Love Guru:

Justin Timberlake is the latest star to join the cast of the new Mike Myers comedy The Love Guru. Timberlake who was part of the voice ensemble led by Myers in the blockbuster summer hit Shrek the Third will play Jacques Grande, a professional hockey player in The Love Guru, alongside the previously announced Jessica Alba, Romany Malco and Verne Troyer.

In the comedy, The Love Guru, Pitka (Myers) is an American who was left at the gates of an ashram in India as a child and raised by gurus. He moves back to the U.S. to seek fame and fortune in the world of self-help and spirituality. His unorthodox methods are put to the test when he must settle a rift between Toronto Maple Leafs star hockey player Darren Roanoke (Malco) and his estranged wife. After the split, Roanoke's wife starts dating L.A. Kings star Jacques Grande (Timberlake) out of revenge, sending her husband into a major professional skid -- to the horror of the teams' owner Jane Bullard (Alba) and Coach Cherkov (Troyer). Pitka must return the couple to marital nirvana and get Roanoke back on his game so the team can break the 40-year-old "Bullard Curse" and win the Stanley Cup.

Comeback:

Dimension Films has set a Nov. 26 start date for "Comeback," an inspirational sports drama that Ice Cube will topline and produce. Fred Durst is negotiating to direct. Project is based on a true story, and Cube will play a former high school football star who takes his niece under his wing as she becomes the first female quarterback in Pop Warner football history. The 11-year-old QB, Jasmine Plummer, led her team to the Pop Warner tournament, and became the first female to play in the tournament's 56-year history.

G.I . Joe: The Movie

Reports says that it is already confirmed a rumor that The Mummy series director Stephen Sommers has signed on to direct a big screen live-action G.I. Joe movie. The studio is hiring a writer immediately, reports says also that Stuart Beattie (Pirates of the Caribbean, Collateral, Derailed, 30 Days of Night, Spy Hunter) is the man for the job. And they probably know, because they were the ones who broke this story a few weeks back. Paramount is fast-tracking the project for a summer 2009 release, which means production will begin this February.

Alien vs Predator: Requiem

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1319/aliensvspredator2requiett7.jpg

P.S. I Love You:

In P.S. I Love You Holly Kennedy (Swank) is beautiful, smart, and married to the love of her life—a passionate, funny and impetuous Irishman named Gerry (Butler). So when Gerry’s life is taken by an illness, it takes the life out of Holly. However, before he died, Gerry wrote Holly a series of letters that will guide her, not only through her grief but in rediscovering herself.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6138/psiloveyouposterve0.jpg

Hitman:

Check out the new trailer.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28SjSTpH8fE

Justice Leage of America to Motion Capture/CGI Movie?

It seems like everyday now, a new rumor turns up which makes us question the legitimacy of a Justice League of America movie. We know this: Warner Bros has a script, and they want to make a movie. Rumor has it that George Miller is in talks to direct, and the film begins casting next week without Christian Bale or Brandon Routh. We wondered how Warner Bros would handle the film with new actors playing Batman and Superman. And now things are starting to become much clearer.

IESB is now reporting that the film might actually be created using motion capture/performance, the same technology that was used for Polar Express and the upcoming Beowulf. This would make a lot more sense. Miller used some motion capture technology on Happy Feet. And the resulting 3D animated superhero team-up film might be better received by the mass audiences. The bad news is, if true, the film won’t hit the big screen until 2010, or may-be even 2011. But again, this gells with the current production timeline, as it might give some breathing room for the Batman and Superman sequels.

One of the things I’ve not liked about motion capture thus far is that it has been used mostly in films that didn’t make complete use of the technology. Polar Express for example: If you can film it using real kids on a train, and you’re just going to make Tom Hanks look like Tom Hanks, than what’s the point? A MoCap JLA film would be different because superhero characters are sure to have some very cinematic sequences that couldn’t be filmed in 35mm without massive special effects. A 3D animated world might add realism to the superhero effects that might otherwise seem out of place in a realistic environment. The technology might also allow a streamlined conversion to IMAX and RealD 3D.

-- Slashfilm

Todd McFarlane's Oz to the Big Screen

Todd McFarlane makes some of the coolest action figures and statues on the market today. I always thought that his dark and twisted Wizard of Oz line could make an interesting movie, but who would allow it to happen? By that, I mean, the figures were very twisted, and very out there. It's not something that mainstream America will latch on to. I always assumed that the toy line was collected by Goth-looking individuals who might have some open shelf space for Dorthy in bondage. Well apparently Warner Bros and Village Roadshow Pictures have acquired the idea from Todd McFarlane. The revisionist take on L. Frank Baum's The Wizard of Oz will be titled "OZ". A History of Violence screenwriter Josh Olsen is set to write the script, which he claims will be more of a sequel than a remake. The toys are PG-13, if not R-Rated, and the film project will be toned down.

"I saw those toys, and Dorothy as some bondage queen isn't something I want to do," Olson told Variety. "The appealing thing about the Baum books to me is how wildly imaginative they are. There are crazy characters from amazing places. I want this to be 'Harry Potter' dark, not 'Seven' dark."

McFarlane hopes to create a new interpretation that has "a 2007 wow factor" which can capture the audience that went to see Lord of the Rings. McFarlane said: "You've still got Dorothy trapped in an odd place, but she's much closer to the Ripley from 'Alien' than a helpless singing girl."

Check out some photos from McFarlane's Oz toyline below.

post-31605-1187974318.jpg

post-31605-1187974340.jpg

post-31605-1187974359.jpg

post-31605-1187974371.jpg

post-31605-1187974400.jpg

-- Slashfilm

Elizabeth: The Golden Age

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/7127/elizabeththegoldenagevepa1.jpg

The Assassination of Jesse James by The Coward Robert Ford:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/5857/assassinationofjessejamrf0.jpg

Shattered:

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/7535/shatteredfd3.jpg

JLA Update: Tom Welling as Superman? Live Action NOT Motion Capture?

Am I the only one starting to get tired of all the recent JLA news and rumors? It seems like anytime new word breaks, it’s quickly followed the next day by a retraction with new exciting information. It’s not that I don’t believe the film is going to happen, it’s definitely going down. Warner Bros wants to rush this film into production by March 2008, before the potential strike. Even the LA Times has confirmed this as fact.

It now seems like the film won’t be filmed using Motion Capture after all. That’s right, we’re back to a live action JLA movie. This is too bad, because the idea of a 3D computer animated film appealed to me more than the live-action concept. IESB, who is at the forefront of all the new Justice League of America information is now reporting that only a few underwater sequences and computer generated characters will be created using motion capture. Smallville star Tom Welling is also supposedly in talks to play Superman in the flick. Series producer Alfred Gough is denying the story over at SupermanHomepage. Filming a JLA flick early next year could run into scheduling problems with the Smallville television series. So who knows what’s really going on.

I’m sure by late next week the film will be a black and white 3D movie using digital recreated versions of Christian Bale and Brandon Routh (I kid, I kid). I just wish Warner Bros would just make the official announcement already. George Miller is obviously attached. Please WB, stop this rumor madness and just tell us what’s going on!

-- Slashfilm

Dallas: The Movie

Regency and 20th Century Fox are overhauling the bigscreen adaptation of TV series "Dallas," about the oil-rich Ewing clan, and this time they're drilling for laughs. Betty Thomas, the director who mined two spoof movie hits from "The Brady Bunch," is in discussions to direct. Pam Brady, who most recently scripted "Hot Rod," is penning the script. John Travolta remains attached to play slimy oil tycoon J.R. Ewing.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (remake):

Keanu Reeves has joined the forthcoming Fox-based remake of the 1951 sci-fi flick The Day the Earth Stood Still. Reeves, will play Klaatu in the reimagined take on the Robert Wise-directed classic. In the original, Michael Rennie played Klaatu, a human-like alien who visits post-WWII Earth, accompanied by an indestructible robot, to warn leaders that their further aggression will lead to annihilation by species observing from afar.

Pinkville:

Oliver Stone is in final negotiations to direct the $40 million Vietnam War mystery drama "Pinkville" which Mikko Alanne is writing. Based on a true story, Bruce Willis will play William R. Peers, the real-life Army general who investigated the infamous 1968 My Lai Massacre of up to 500 Vietnamese civilians by US soldiers - most of them unarmed women, children and elderly.

Channing Tatum will portray Hugh Thompson Jr., an Army helicopter pilot who helped stop the killing by flying between the attackers and the My Lai villagers, rescued survivors and later testified against the soldiers. Michael Pena is in talks to play Capt. Ernest Medina, the tough commanding officer of the troops responsible for the massacre who was charged in the crimes but ultimately found not guilty.

The Soloist:

Robert Downey Jr. will team with Jamie Foxx in DreamWorks Pictures fact-based drama "The Soloist". Downey will play Steve Lopez, the L.A. Times columnist who discovered Nathaniel Ayers, a downtown L.A. homeless man who was a skillful violinist. After learning that Ayers was a prodigy until schizophrenia made it impossible to continue, Lopez wrote columns about the musician and developed a relationship that changed both their lives.

The Fourth Horseman:

Intrepid Pictures has acquired the Marshall E. Uzzle and Perry Fair penned action thriller script "The Fourth Horseman". The film centers on a young priest sent by his church's secret order to k*ll a teenage girl. She is believed to be the future mother of the Fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse, destined to join siblings War, Pestilence and Famine in destroying the world. But when the priest becomes romantically involved with his target and she becomes pregnant, he's forced to face the possibility that he may have spawned the child from hell. F. Paul Benz and Steve Tomlin ("Snow Blind") are set for a rewrite.

SAW 4:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/3233/saw082607gr6.jpg

Sweeney Todd:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/8274/sweeneytoddver2fp1.jpg

Alien vs Predator: Requiem:

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3731/posteravprequimon8.jpg

The Zombie Diaries:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/9500/zombie082607nn6.jpg

The Serpent:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7845/serpentsd0.jpg

The Spirit:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3598/spiritcp2.jpg

Sisters:

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/4984/sistersver2oo3.jpg

Hatchet:

http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/1853/hatchet082807pl3.jpg

Repossession Mambo:

Alice Braga will star with Jude Law and Forest Whitaker in Repossession Mambo for Universal Pictures. The futuristic thriller follows Remy (Law), a repo man made up of artificial organs, who receives a heart transplant. When he struggles to make the payments, he must go on the run from his former partner. Braga will play Beth, who married but lost touch with Remy while he was serving in the Army. Ten years later, Beth -- down on her luck and retrofitted with artificial organs -- is reunited with Remy as they seek to run. Miguel Sapochnik is directing from a script by Eric Garcia and Garrett Lerner based on Garcia's novel. Production is scheduled to begin in October in Toronto

The Informers:

Billy Bob Thornton, Kim Basinger, Brandon Routh, Ashley Olsen and Lou Pucci have all signed on to star in the upcoming drama THE INFORMERS. The film is based on short stories by Bret Easton Ellis ("American Psycho") who also co-wrote the script. Set in mid-80s Los Angeles, the story highlights a number of individuals whose paths intersect over the course of a week. Thornton will play a movie studio executive; Basinger will play his wife; Routh will play a vampire; Olsen will play Thorton's mistress; and Pucci will play a kidnapper. Gregor Jordan (BUFFALO SOLDIERS) will direct from a script by Ellis and Nicholas Jarecki.

The Illustrated Man:

Zack Snyder is attached to direct and produce a remake of The Illustrated Man for Warner Bros. Based on the collection of short stories of the same name by Ray Bradbury, first published in 1951, The Illustrated Man refers to the narrator, a mysterious man with living tattoos that predict the future. Alex Tse will write the screenplay. Rod Steiger and Claire Bloom starred in the 1969 adaptation.

Nowhereland:

Nicole Ari Parker, DeRay Davis and Ronny Cox will join the cast of Eddie Murphy's Nowhereland in which Murphy stars as a financial executive who can't stop his career down-spiral is invited into his daughter's imaginary world, where solutions to his problems await. Parker plays the separated wife of Murphy's character, Evan. She can't understand his fascination with their 6-year-old daughter's imaginary world, which Murphy explores to help solve his work problems. Davis plays Evan's longtime friend, a therapist who calls himself the Man Whisperer and believes that all Evan needs to overcome his troubles is a good cry. Cox plays the humorless capital fund group boss who suspects Evan of insider trading but doesn't care as long as he gets results.

He's Just Not That Into You:

New Line is in negotiations with Ben Affleck to round out the cast of ensemble comedy "He's Just Not That Into You," with Drew Barrymore and Nancy Juvonen producing through their Flower Films banner. Along with Affleck and Barrymore, "You" will star Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Connelly, Kevin Connolly, Bradley Cooper, Ginnifer Goodwin, Scarlett Johansson and Justin Long. Abby Kohn and Marc Silverstein ("Never Been Kissed") adapted the bestseller about modern-day relationships by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo, who worked together on "Sex and the City." The book focuses on how men and women often misconstrue the intentions of the opposite sex.

Fast and the Furious 4:

Just days after it was revealed in the trades that Universal wants to put a fourth The Fast and the Furious before cameras by March -- comes the first casting rumors for the film. Sources close to the production of the three films in The Fast & The Furious series have told Inside Line that a fourth installment is on its way. The best guess is that it will show up in theaters worldwide during the summer of 2008.

The project is currently classified merely as "in development" at Universal, with no clear production start date and no announced director. However, it's rumored that the next film will reunite many characters and actors from the first three including Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Tyrese Gibson and Lucas Black. Obviously the story will once again center around automotive mayhem of the most intense sort, but the rumor is that this time most of the action will be set in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

As to the cars, expectations are that some familiar machinery — like a resurrected version of the blown 1970 Dodge Charger from the original film — will mix it up with such contemporary machinery as the new Dodge Challenger and classic South American muscle like the Chevrolet Opala. Also don't be surprised if Vin Diesel's character finds his way behind the wheel of a classic 1987 Buick GNX.

Superman: Man of Steel

According to rumors, the Superman sequel is going to be jam packed full of madness and the main villain is reportedly going to be none other then Braniac. They are saying that in the Superman Returns sequel Lex Luthor will team up with Braniac to bring destruction to Superman and of course Metropolis. They are also saying that the new film will incorporate Supermans son, who in the last film we discovered had super powers just like dad.

A Tale of Two Sisters (remake):

Paramount’s version of A Tale of Two Sisters differs from the Korean version but keeps the core concepts alive. This time around the story revolves around Anna (Emily Browning), the younger sister, who returns home after spending time in the hospital following the death of her mother. Her recovery suffers a setback when she discovers her father (David Strathairn) has become engaged to her mother’s former nurse Rachael (Elizabeth Banks). What should have been a happy family reunion becomes an escalating battle of wills between daughter and the soon-to-be step-mother. One night, Anna is visited by a ghost who warns her of Rachael’s intentions. Together Anna and her sister Alex (Arielle Kebbel) try to convince their father that his current fiancé is not who she pretends to be and the family is in danger.

JLA: Justice League of America

Rumor casting and story for the new movie....

-martian manhunter will be added to the league. he's a george miller favorite.

-previously, flash was set to be killed. after word leaked about that, they're changing who dies (See script summary for who).

-the heroes will be younger, and in the first couple years of their career. this not an origin film though. the league already exists. manhunter though, will be played older and wiser.

-WB is planning to cast very big for the heroes. names thrown around: jake gyllenhaal, leo dicaprio, jessica biel. mel gibson is liked for max lord. scarlett johanssen for talia. bruce willis was mentioned for lex. tom welling isnt happening.

-george miller already has a small group of men working on storyboards, script revisions, concept designs, costume designs, etc. WB wants this for 2009. miller isnt wasting time.

george miller has some script revisions already underway. heres the general summary of the whole story based on miller's personal treatment that i read, major major spoilers:

max lord and talia al ghul are the black king and black queen for checkmate, the government agency. they have a mutual agenda against caped heroes. talia's reasons for despising super heroes is ambiguous, but there are some vague references to her father and his ideals. max's reasons are far more defined: a couple years ago his fiancee was caught up in a battle between superman and metallo, she lost her life. he's since seen heroes as a plague that need to be exterminated. this is one of the reasons he creates the OMACs. he plans to use them to rid the world of super heroes, since the robots can be the perfect policing unit which can also be controlled by the government and work for their agenda. he is even going head to head against lex luthor for the contract, who has created similar technology. max also plans on using the OMACs for his own personal agenda...believing that checkmate should be running the government, a sort of coup would put him in power. the OMACs will also be using human hosts, the technology takes over the body. max lord plans on using heroes as host bodies to result in stronger OMACs (a superman omac being the big prize). theres even a few scenes planned for early on in the film where OMACs take over b-list DC characters, fun cameos for the fans. at one point in the film, even flash and GL will become OMACs.

the JLA will consist of: superman, batman, wonder woman, flash (wally), green lantern (jon), aquaman, and martian manhunter. there will be a bunch of humor earlier on at their headquarters showing what heroes do when they are bored with no crime to fight. meanwhile, batman is off investigating heroes that have been picked off by OMAC's.

anyways, a group of shape-shifting white martians travel to earth and find max lord, well aware of his status in the government (it would appear white martians have a past with checkmate). they ask for refuge on earth to escape an aggressor who is at war with them. max denies them, knowing they will then invade earth and take refuge anyways (how he knows this and why he wants it will be later revealed). the white martians leave very angry and sure enough make plans to invade earth.

as the martians invade, the heroes come out, and so do max's OMACs. this is max's chance to prove to the government their worth and how much better they are than the super heroes. the fight against the white martian invasion will be the chunk of the film. during this time, the heroes become very aware of max lord, his story, and his agenda. they come into direct conflict, and more is revealed about him. about half way through the film, it will be revealed that max is a shape shifting white martian himself (not even the other martians knew this), but he was banished from the white martian community long ago which is when he traveled to earth. also, he's not only been disguised as max lord infiltrating the american government plotting a take over...but he's also been disguising himself as JLA member martian manhunter! working to infiltrate the heroes, learn their secrets, so he can eventually take them down using the OMACs. enraged at his betrayal, wonder woman snaps his neck, killing him! breaking the league's no killing policy. she stands behind her actions against a very pissed off batman and superman. still fighting the invasion, batman ends up being able to reprogram and take control of the OMACs and they use them to defeat the martian invasion.

but in the last 20-30 minutes of the film, a new threat will arrive. its the agressor that has been at war with the white martians. they have followed them to earth. its darkseid! darkseid and his army finds the white martians defeated and a new challenge in the JLA. the JLA goes to battle with him and his personal cronies, while his army attacks the country. in battle with darkseid himself, superman is killed! now regretting her actions, and recognizing superman's heroism, wonder woman begs her gods to take her life force and spare superman's. her gods comply. wonder woman dies, and superman is revived. he single handedly takes out darkseid. the heroes are overwhelmed by the rest of his army though. lex luthor appears on scene with his tech army (the one he was using to get the government contract against max lord). together they stop the invasion.

SAW 4:

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1847/sawiv20070829005732761bp4.jpg

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Director Rob Cohen has recently set up a blog which will chronicle the making of the new movie. In his first entry, Cohen outlines the plot in a very detailed manner. A few excerpts:

Right now I’m in Montreal directing “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor” which is the third in the series created by Stephen Sommers. My film stars Brendan Fraser, Maria Bello, Jet Li, John Hannah, Michelle Yeoh, Anthony Wong, and new-comers Luke Ford and Isabella Leong.

I am taking the story to a new place: China. Jet Li plays a despotic Emperor in 50 B.C. whose evil is punished by a terrible curse laid on him by wizardress Michelle Yeoh: he and his army are turned into to terra cotta for all time; that is, unless he is re-awakened which, of course, is where the O’Connell’s come back into it. The story moves to the year 1946. When we find them, Rick (Brendan Fraser) and Evelyn (Maria Bello) are retired to Oxfordshire, England, having been spies for the British during World War II. They are bored silly and welcome the offer of “one last mission” from the Foreign Office. Their assignment: courier a precious artifact back to the museum in Shanghai, China from which it was stolen.

Back to Asia: China is in turmoil but Jonathan (John Hannah) owns an Egyptian-themed bar in Shanghai. Unbeknownst to his parents, now grown-up Alex O’Connell (Luke Ford) is following in the family business as a young archaeologist on a dig in north-central China. He makes the discovery of a lifetime: the tomb of the Dragon Emperor, which has been buried for millennia. A beautiful assassin (Isabella Leong) tries to k*ll him to keep the location secret but Alex prevails. The Emperor’s monument is transported back to Shanghai where another plot is in motion: military zealot Anthony Wong intends to awaken the Emperor and aid him in the re-conquest of China and the raising of his terra cotta army of ten thousand clay warriors (google The Terra Cotta army of Xi’an if you want to read more about the history of this wonder of the ancient world).

The family is reunited and high adventure ensues: crash landings, treks thru the Himalayas, Yeti, avalanches (bigger than the one I did in “XXX”), Shangri-la, three-headed dragons, pools of eternal life, epic battles, a shape-shifting Jet Li….I could go on but I don’t want to give it all away.

G.I. JOE:

Rumored story for the movie...

Story is set at Brussels-based G.I.J.O.E., an acronym for the Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, and revolves around an international co-ed force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil organization headed by a double-crossing Scottish arms dealer.

SAW 4:

Jigsaw and his apprentice Amanda are dead. Upon the news of Detective Kerry's murder, two seasoned FBI profilers, Agent Strahm (Scott Patterson) and Agent Perez, arrive at the depleted police precinct and help veteran Detective Hoffman (Costas Mandylor) sift through Jigsaw's latest grizzly game of victims and piece together the puzzle. However, when SWAT Commander Rigg, the last officer untouched by Jigsaw (Tobin Bell), is suddenly abducted and thrust into the madman's harrowing game, the officer has but ninety minutes to overcome a series of interconnected traps...or face the deadly consequences.

Rigg's citywide pursuit leaves a wake of dead bodies, and Detective Hoffman and the FBI uncover long hidden clues that lead them back to Jigsaw's ex-wife Jill (Betsy Russell). The genesis of Jigsaw's evil is unveiled, exposing the puppet master's true intentions and the sinister plan for his past, present and future victims.

movie trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809856250/video/3915641/

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince:

Helena Bonham Carter is the first person to be confirmed outside of the Harry Potter trio to be back for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the sixth film adaptation of the Harry Potter stories. Bonham Carter will reprise the role of Bellatrix Lestrange after the character debuted in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Filming on the sixth film is scheduled to begin in two months as Half-Blood Prince makes its journey toward its November 21, 2008 release date.

Lost Boys 2: The Tribe

This sequel takes us to the shady surf city of Luna Bay, California, where vampires quickly dispatch anyone who crosses their path. Into this dark world arrive Chris Emerson (Hilgenbrink) and his younger sister, Nicole (Reeser). Having just lost their parents in a car accident, the siblings move in with their eccentric Aunt Jillian and become new prey for the locals’ way of life. When Nicole unwittingly falls for a local vampire, Chris must locate and destroy the gang’s lifeline before his sister’s transformation is complete; to do this Chris finds himself relying on the expertise of none other than Edgar Frog (Feldman). Subtle references to characters from the original film, and cameos from returning actors offer homage to the Lost Boys legend and set a sinister tone of impending doom.

While Feldman and Newlander reprise their original roles of Edgar and Alan Frog, Reeser stars as Nicole, a teenager who moves to Northern California and finds herself entangled with a gang of vampires; Hilgenbrink portrays Nicole’s brother, Chris, who – along with his sister – falls in with the dangerous gang of vampires; Sutherland, half-brother of Lost Boys star Kiefer Sutherland, stars as the leader of the gang of surfing vampires, echoing Kiefer’s ‘David’ from the original film.

Righteous k*ll:

Golden Globe winner Brian Dennehy is in negotiations to join newly added cast members John Leguizamo, Academy Award nominee Dan Futterman, Trilby Glover and professional skateboarder Rob Dyrdek in Righteous k*ll, the Jon Avnet production which begins filming September 4th in Connecticut and New York. This rounds out the cast which includes Academy Award winners Al Pacino and Robert De Niro, 50 Cent, Carla Gugino and Donnie Wahlberg.

The film, which Avnet (Red Corner, Fried Green Tomatoes, Up Close and Personal) is helming based on a script by Russell Gewirtz (Inside Man), follows long time police detectives, played by Pacino and De Niro, as they investigate a series of vigilante killings in New York City. Leguizamo (Moulin Rouge!) plays a cop in the NYPD who butts heads with Pacino and De Niro as they search for a serial killer. Dennehy (Showtime's "Death of a Salesman," Assault on Precinct 13) takes on the role of their captain. Futterman (A Mighty Heart) and Glover (The Starter Wife) both play attorneys, and Dyrdek (MTV's "Rob and Big") a delinquent, who crosses paths with the detectives during their investigations.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein:

Producer Sam Hadida and screenwriter Roger Avary (who last teamed on the SILENT HILL movie) are getting together for “Return to Castle Wolfenstein." The game revolves around U.S. Army Ranger B.J. Blazkowicz, who, along with another agent, is sent to investigate rumors surrounding one of Heinrich Himmler's personal projects, the SS Paranormal Division. The agents are captured before completing their mission and are imprisoned in Castle Wolfenstein. Blazkowicz must escape the castle and continue investigating the activities of the SS Paranormal Division, which include research on resurrecting corpses, bio-technology, and secret weapons.

Mother of Tears:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9892/motheroftearsyc8.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2990/postermotheroftearsbn9.jpg

I'm Not There:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7240/imnottherebz3.jpg

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/5247/imnottherever2gh7.jpg

Superman: Man of Steel

According to rumors, the Superman sequel is going to be jam packed full of madness and the main villain is reportedly going to be none other then Braniac. They are saying that in the Superman Returns sequel Lex Luthor will team up with Braniac to bring destruction to Superman and of course Metropolis. They are also saying that the new film will incorporate Supermans son, who in the last film we discovered had super powers just like dad.

JLA: Justice League of America

Rumor casting and story for the new movie....

-martian manhunter will be added to the league. he's a george miller favorite.

-previously, flash was set to be killed. after word leaked about that, they're changing who dies (See script summary for who).

-the heroes will be younger, and in the first couple years of their career. this not an origin film though. the league already exists. manhunter though, will be played older and wiser.

-WB is planning to cast very big for the heroes. names thrown around: jake gyllenhaal, leo dicaprio, jessica biel. mel gibson is liked for max lord. scarlett johanssen for talia. bruce willis was mentioned for lex. tom welling isnt happening.

-george miller already has a small group of men working on storyboards, script revisions, concept designs, costume designs, etc. WB wants this for 2009. miller isnt wasting time.

george miller has some script revisions already underway. heres the general summary of the whole story based on miller's personal treatment that i read, major major spoilers:

max lord and talia al ghul are the black king and black queen for checkmate, the government agency. they have a mutual agenda against caped heroes. talia's reasons for despising super heroes is ambiguous, but there are some vague references to her father and his ideals. max's reasons are far more defined: a couple years ago his fiancee was caught up in a battle between superman and metallo, she lost her life. he's since seen heroes as a plague that need to be exterminated. this is one of the reasons he creates the OMACs. he plans to use them to rid the world of super heroes, since the robots can be the perfect policing unit which can also be controlled by the government and work for their agenda. he is even going head to head against lex luthor for the contract, who has created similar technology. max also plans on using the OMACs for his own personal agenda...believing that checkmate should be running the government, a sort of coup would put him in power. the OMACs will also be using human hosts, the technology takes over the body. max lord plans on using heroes as host bodies to result in stronger OMACs (a superman omac being the big prize). theres even a few scenes planned for early on in the film where OMACs take over b-list DC characters, fun cameos for the fans. at one point in the film, even flash and GL will become OMACs.

the JLA will consist of: superman, batman, wonder woman, flash (wally), green lantern (jon), aquaman, and martian manhunter. there will be a bunch of humor earlier on at their headquarters showing what heroes do when they are bored with no crime to fight. meanwhile, batman is off investigating heroes that have been picked off by OMAC's.

anyways, a group of shape-shifting white martians travel to earth and find max lord, well aware of his status in the government (it would appear white martians have a past with checkmate). they ask for refuge on earth to escape an aggressor who is at war with them. max denies them, knowing they will then invade earth and take refuge anyways (how he knows this and why he wants it will be later revealed). the white martians leave very angry and sure enough make plans to invade earth.

as the martians invade, the heroes come out, and so do max's OMACs. this is max's chance to prove to the government their worth and how much better they are than the super heroes. the fight against the white martian invasion will be the chunk of the film. during this time, the heroes become very aware of max lord, his story, and his agenda. they come into direct conflict, and more is revealed about him. about half way through the film, it will be revealed that max is a shape shifting white martian himself (not even the other martians knew this), but he was banished from the white martian community long ago which is when he traveled to earth. also, he's not only been disguised as max lord infiltrating the american government plotting a take over...but he's also been disguising himself as JLA member martian manhunter! working to infiltrate the heroes, learn their secrets, so he can eventually take them down using the OMACs. enraged at his betrayal, wonder woman snaps his neck, killing him! breaking the league's no killing policy. she stands behind her actions against a very pissed off batman and superman. still fighting the invasion, batman ends up being able to reprogram and take control of the OMACs and they use them to defeat the martian invasion.

but in the last 20-30 minutes of the film, a new threat will arrive. its the agressor that has been at war with the white martians. they have followed them to earth. its darkseid! darkseid and his army finds the white martians defeated and a new challenge in the JLA. the JLA goes to battle with him and his personal cronies, while his army attacks the country. in battle with darkseid himself, superman is killed! now regretting her actions, and recognizing superman's heroism, wonder woman begs her gods to take her life force and spare superman's. her gods comply. wonder woman dies, and superman is revived. he single handedly takes out darkseid. the heroes are overwhelmed by the rest of his army though. lex luthor appears on scene with his tech army (the one he was using to get the government contract against max lord). together they stop the invasion.

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Director Rob Cohen has recently set up a blog which will chronicle the making of the new movie. In his first entry, Cohen outlines the plot in a very detailed manner. A few excerpts:

Right now I’m in Montreal directing “The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor” which is the third in the series created by Stephen Sommers. My film stars Brendan Fraser, Maria Bello, Jet Li, John Hannah, Michelle Yeoh, Anthony Wong, and new-comers Luke Ford and Isabella Leong.

I am taking the story to a new place: China. Jet Li plays a despotic Emperor in 50 B.C. whose evil is punished by a terrible curse laid on him by wizardress Michelle Yeoh: he and his army are turned into to terra cotta for all time; that is, unless he is re-awakened which, of course, is where the O’Connell’s come back into it. The story moves to the year 1946. When we find them, Rick (Brendan Fraser) and Evelyn (Maria Bello) are retired to Oxfordshire, England, having been spies for the British during World War II. They are bored silly and welcome the offer of “one last mission” from the Foreign Office. Their assignment: courier a precious artifact back to the museum in Shanghai, China from which it was stolen.

Back to Asia: China is in turmoil but Jonathan (John Hannah) owns an Egyptian-themed bar in Shanghai. Unbeknownst to his parents, now grown-up Alex O’Connell (Luke Ford) is following in the family business as a young archaeologist on a dig in north-central China. He makes the discovery of a lifetime: the tomb of the Dragon Emperor, which has been buried for millennia. A beautiful assassin (Isabella Leong) tries to k*ll him to keep the location secret but Alex prevails. The Emperor’s monument is transported back to Shanghai where another plot is in motion: military zealot Anthony Wong intends to awaken the Emperor and aid him in the re-conquest of China and the raising of his terra cotta army of ten thousand clay warriors (google The Terra Cotta army of Xi’an if you want to read more about the history of this wonder of the ancient world).

The family is reunited and high adventure ensues: crash landings, treks thru the Himalayas, Yeti, avalanches (bigger than the one I did in “XXX”), Shangri-la, three-headed dragons, pools of eternal life, epic battles, a shape-shifting Jet Li….I could go on but I don’t want to give it all away.

G.I. JOE:

Rumored story for the movie...

Story is set at Brussels-based G.I.J.O.E., an acronym for the Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity, and revolves around an international co-ed force of operatives who use high-tech equipment to battle Cobra, an evil organization headed by a double-crossing Scottish arms dealer.

Ayuz!!!! Salamat po sir sa mga news, the best po kayo sa mga movies!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

Valkyrie:

Tom Cruise heads an international cast as Col. Claus von Stauffenberg, the aristocratic German officer who led the heroic attempt to bring down the Nazi regime and end the war by planting a bomb in Hitler's bunker. The "July 20 Plot" on Hitler's life is one of the most heroic but least known episodes of World War Two. Severely wounded in combat, Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg returns from Africa to join the German Resistance and help create Operation Valkyrie, the complex plan that will allow a shadow government to replace Hitler's once he is dead. But fate and circumstance conspire to thrust Stauffenberg from one of many in the plot to a double-edged central role. Not only must he lead the coup and seize control of his nation's government... He must k*ll Hitler himself.

The boys in the pic from left to right are Carl Goerdeler (McNally), Albrecht Riter Merz von Quirnheim (Berkel), General Friedrich Olbricht (Nighy), Count Claus Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg (Cruise), General Ludwig Beck (Stamp), Field Marshal Erwin von Witzleben (Schofield) and Henning von Tresckow (Branagh).

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/5576/valkyrie2tqn3.jpg

The Love Guru:

Ben Kingsley has joined the cast of the Mike Myers comedy The Love Guru for Paramount Pictures. In the movie, Myers will play Pitka, an American who was left at the gates of an ashram in India as a child and raised by gurus. He moves back to the U.S. to seek fame and fortune in the world of self-help and spirituality, specializing in settling intimacy issues between couples. Kingsley will play Guru Tugginmypudha, the ashram leader who teaches Myers' character how to love himself and how to wear a chastity belt. Meagan Good and John Oliver have also been added to the cast joining Jessica Alba, Justin Timberlake, Verne Troyer and Romany Malco. Shooting begins later this week in Toronto for a summer 2008 release.

Helen:

Ashley Judd will star in Helen for writer/director Sandra Nettelbeck. The story centers on a music professor and mother who suffers from a deep, debilitating depression. Her family tries to help her, but no one can relate to her pain other than a young female student who knows depression all too well. Shooting is scheduled to begin in October in Vancouver.

SAW 4:

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/2862/sawivver6jf1.jpg

Hitman:

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/10/hitmanver2mj8.jpg

Brilliant:

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/5654/brilliantpostercq8.jpg

Ils:

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/9227/posterthemilsut7.jpg