Yeah, I get what JB and Papa Pipoy say. Naalala ko tuloy ang sinabi ng tour guide namin sa Singapore: mataas ang cost of living doon. They just make do with their hustle.

Naiisip ko tuloy na ang hard work dito ay may halong suwerte talaga. Kahit magaling ka, kung may hindi ka ibinalik sa universe, hindi ka nito bibigyan ng kahit anong biyaya.

Perhaps everything is relative then. Even with money. We here in the Philippines see most first world currency as having the bigger value while forgetting that the cost of living in said countries is way higher.

Nonetheless, that does not mean that we should not continue our hustle, regardless of location or marital status. We have to secure our future, we never know if someone can help us when we find ourselves in a bind. That includes the family members and friends we supposedly helped.

Enough musing, back to hustling. I have work to do :D

I agree with you Neville!

I guess the only person you can compare yourself with is the version of yourself last week, last month, last quarter, last year, last 5 years.

If your regressing not progressing then you have a problem. I guess this is the reason i track my money (ins and outs) and my networth to see myself kung nag po progress tlaga ako.

I also unfollow certain people sa social media na mate temp akong i compare ang sarili ko sa kanila. I focus on myself and my progress and how i can optimised it without compromising my values.

• Like (+1) 2

20191119 Updates:

Property

* Reduce total debt to $58K by year-end (currently at $58.0K) MET

* Expect condo value to appreciate to $50K by year-end (currently at $49.7K)

* Anticipate house value to appreciate to $280K by year- end (currently at $275.0K)

Savings for Current Use

* Increase college savings of children to $20K by year-end (currently at $19.2K)

* Buttress business fund to $65K by-year end (currently at $77K) (Note: Conservative case at 92% of actual) - MET

* Save up for parents' emergency bills to $3.2K (currently at $3.2K) - MET

Savings for Retirement/Future Use

* Grow retirement savings to $170K by year-end (currently at $171K) (Note: Conservative case at 92% of actual) - MET

* Drum up social security savings to $170K by year-end (currently at $171K) (Note: PV at $360K for age 62) - MET

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

I enjoyed reading and learning from the discussions. I especially like the talk on relativity. For example, my house in US is $275K but I can get the same house in Pinas for 1/3 or even 1/4 of the price. This means salary may be high here but the expenses are also.

The sad part are those Pinoys here who do not save. Typical sumasabay sa uso and kain dito gimik dun. They don't pay down their mortgage and most of them live and stay in NY or California even though ubos pera nila sa rent or interest expense (on mortgage).

But that's their problem. :) The good news is we all here on this thread knows the financial planning gig. Let's keep up the great work so far AND finish the year strong!

• Like (+1) 1

Sino dito ang may nagli lista ng ins and out ng pera nyo? Do you use spreadsheet/excel, google sheet, app?

Since malapit na matapos ang tao, reflecting on your expenses for 2019, anong insight nkuha nyo looking how you spend your money this 2019?

In ng pera care of my income. Out ng pera care of my bills and baon. Yung mas detalyado pang out ng pera, di ko nasusundan.

Kung sila lang ang pagbabasehan ko ng money flow, halos pareho lang yata ang gastos ko. Nakatipid pa ako sa baon dahil taong bahay lang ako mula July. Pero kung bubusisiin ko pa, medyo malabo kasi general overview lang ang ginagawa ko. At di ko pa rin maintidihan talaga ang spreadsheet ng financial manager ko. hehehe

I enjoyed reading and learning from the discussions. I especially like the talk on relativity. For example, my house in US is $275K but I can get the same house in Pinas for 1/3 or even 1/4 of the price. This means salary may be high here but the expenses are also.

The sad part are those Pinoys here who do not save. Typical sumasabay sa uso and kain dito gimik dun. They don't pay down their mortgage and most of them live and stay in NY or California even though ubos pera nila sa rent or interest expense (on mortgage).

But that's their problem. :) The good news is we all here on this thread knows the financial planning gig. Let's keep up the great work so far AND finish the year strong!

Kulturang Pinoy: Ubos biyaya, bukas nakatunganga.

Buti na lang at dumadami na ang nagiging mas masinop sa pera nila sa loob man o sa labas ng bansa.

At siyempre, ilan sa kanila ay nandito sa thread na ito :)

In ng pera care of my income. Out ng pera care of my bills and baon. Yung mas detalyado pang out ng pera, di ko nasusundan.

Kung sila lang ang pagbabasehan ko ng money flow, halos pareho lang yata ang gastos ko. Nakatipid pa ako sa baon dahil taong bahay lang ako mula July. Pero kung bubusisiin ko pa, medyo malabo kasi general overview lang ang ginagawa ko. At di ko pa rin maintidihan talaga ang spreadsheet ng financial manager ko. hehehe

Ako nmn i use spreadsheet to monitor the ins and out of my money. I primary spend using credit cards kya kailangan ko tlaga ma monitor pra di ako magbayad ng fee/charges for being late. I also use online money management tool with an app pra at a glance nakikita movement ng money and also networth.

At the moment i have:

4 Savings Account

2 Brokerage Account

2 Superannuation Account (prang 401k sa U.S.)

5 credit cards

I also monitor 2 frequent Flyer accounts just because i can.

So medyo madugo ang setup ng finances ko specially i have 5 active CCs. Im into churning of cards kya in a year i add like 4-5 cards and cut up old ones for bonus points.

Ito so far ang realisation ko looking at my spreadsheet for 2019:

1. My net income/take home pay increase by $20k but my expenses also increases by the same amount so net net mababa ang savings rate ko this year compared to last year

2. My networth (outside of tax sheltered account or super) has increase by almost $180k

3. My biggest expense pa rin is "Rent" followed by "Grocery"

4. I spend $13k in camera gears and high end laptop this year which is a lot considering photography is just my hobby. But it gives me joy so there.

5. I spend $8k on holiday travels locally and internationally.

6. I spend $5k on eating out which is $1k more than last year

Thats the snippet of the movement of my money this year. Yes we spend lots this year compared to last year but as my wife said, this is so far the best year we have in the last 3 years.

Next time nmn lets discuss year 2020 goals.

• Like (+1) 1

Sa late December, track ko uli ang income movement ko for 2019. Sasabihin ko sa financial adviser ko kung ano puwedeng gawin para pati expenses tracking makita namin.

Pinag-uusapan na namin ng Ate ko kung magkano kailangan ko para sa bahay at lote. 100 sq m na bahay, 500 sq m na lote. Non-negotiable sa akin ang laki ng lote. Di ko talaga kaya ang nasa tabi ng bakod ko ang kapitbahay ko. Gusto ko nasa malayo siya. Hehehehe.

We are looking at 2M-10M for the house and lot expenses, depending on the location (subdivision or gitna ng NPA territory).

We are still crossing our fingers for clients. Sana lumitaw na sila. Doon ko kukunin ang pambili ko ng bahay at lupa at pandagdag sa savings ko :D

Sa late December, track ko uli ang income movement ko for 2019. Sasabihin ko sa financial adviser ko kung ano puwedeng gawin para pati expenses tracking makita namin.

Pinag-uusapan na namin ng Ate ko kung magkano kailangan ko para sa bahay at lote. 100 sq m na bahay, 500 sq m na lote. Non-negotiable sa akin ang laki ng lote. Di ko talaga kaya ang nasa tabi ng bakod ko ang kapitbahay ko. Gusto ko nasa malayo siya. Hehehehe.

We are looking at 2M-10M for the house and lot expenses, depending on the location (subdivision or gitna ng NPA territory).

We are still crossing our fingers for clients. Sana lumitaw na sila. Doon ko kukunin ang pambili ko ng bahay at lupa at pandagdag sa savings ko :D

If your using cards (debit man or credit card), madaling ma track ang expenses.

Kung cash basis ka mostly, then maybe an envelop system would do the trick.

Wow 10M house, thats a good one. Cheers!

Neville, bili ka muna ng Php2M-4M muna then save/invest in UITFs/ETFs what you would have otherwise spent on mortgage if you had purchased a Php10M house. That way you are not married to a big debt.

Then as your money grows, in the future, sell your house and buy your retirement big place at almost cash.

Suggestion lang. :)

Angtindi ng pagmomonitor nyo ah 😂✌️

Ako nman ay nagmomonitor din pero hindi kasingdetalyado ng sa inyo... Ganito lang yung sakin..

1. Target of 60% income para sa savings/investment met 👍

2. ETFs increased significantly this year 👍

3. Properties value increased

4. Financially independent by 2021 👍....basta makahanap ng magagatasan by 2020 😂😂😂✌️✌️✌️

5. Visited all the target places for holidays 👍

6. TGIF gimik met...except when overseas 👍

7. Still debt free 👍

8. Makabili ng isang sapatos per month 👍

9. Maretain ang pagiging frequent flyer gold member

10. Makipagdate sa at least 3 chicks 👍 (pero matatapos ang taon na trabaho pa rin ang gf ko 😂😂😂)

11. Madevirginized 👎 (virgin pa rin 😂😂😂)

12. Maging kamukha ni john lloyd 😂😂😂✌️✌️✌️

Angtindi ng pagmomonitor nyo ah 😂✌️

Ako nman ay nagmomonitor din pero hindi kasingdetalyado ng sa inyo... Ganito lang yung sakin..

1. Target of 60% income para sa savings/investment met 👍

2. ETFs increased significantly this year 👍

3. Properties value increased

4. Financially independent by 2021 👍....basta makahanap ng magagatasan by 2020 😂😂😂✌️✌️✌️

5. Visited all the target places for holidays 👍

6. TGIF gimik met...except when overseas 👍

7. Still debt free 👍

8. Makabili ng isang sapatos per month 👍

9. Maretain ang pagiging frequent flyer gold member

10. Makipagdate sa at least 3 chicks 👍 (pero matatapos ang taon na trabaho pa rin ang gf ko 😂😂😂)

11. Madevirginized 👎 (virgin pa rin 😂😂😂)

12. Maging kamukha ni john lloyd 😂😂😂✌️✌️✌️

Excellent! Ikaw ang role model ng grupo! Nahiya ang savings rate ko, ambaba :(

Di bale, bawi ako next year

May family ka naman na kasi 😉 pakonswelo pag bachelor 😂 sana tuparin ni Neville yung isang target ko for 2020 😂✌️

True medyo magastos din pag may family na. Especially sa amin ni misis kasi mag pu Fulltime sya sa work, plus MBA studies and CPA exams, kya we have to send our kid to a childcare. And that would add an extra Php 80k a month in childcare cost.

Neville, nagpaparinig si PapaPips, what say you?

Edited by JohannBeckham

May family ka naman na kasi pakonswelo pag bachelor sana tuparin ni Neville yung isang target ko for 2020 ✌️

True medyo magastos din pag may family na. Especially sa amin ni misis kasi mag pu Fulltime sya sa work, plus MBA studies and CPA exams, kya we have to send our kid to a childcare. And that would add an extra Php 80k a month in childcare cost.

Neville, nagpaparinig si PapaPips, what say you?

OY OY OY!!!!!! Nanahimik itong sako ng patatas dito sa Mindanao (bakasyong may baong trabaho). Bakit ako nadamay sa usapan?

Malabo ako sa magagatasan mo, Papa Pipoy. Baka mas mayaman ka pa sa akin. :D 40% nga lang ang combined savings/investment rate ko ngayon. Tataas lang iyan kapag solidified na ang client base namin. hehehehe

OY OY OY!!!!!! Nanahimik itong sako ng patatas dito sa Mindanao (bakasyong may baong trabaho). Bakit ako nadamay sa usapan?

Malabo ako sa magagatasan mo, Papa Pipoy. Baka mas mayaman ka pa sa akin. :D 40% nga lang ang combined savings/investment rate ko ngayon. Tataas lang iyan kapag solidified na ang client base namin. hehehehe

Pwede na magtayo ng dating services group "Financial Savvy Dating Services". Ang requirement lng ay dapat mataas ang savings rate and or mataas ang Networth. Pasok na kyong dalawa ni Papa P. Neville.

Pwede na magtayo ng dating services group "Financial Savvy Dating Services". Ang requirement lng ay dapat mataas ang savings rate and or mataas ang Networth. Pasok na kyong dalawa ni Papa P. Neville.

Hindi po ako mayaman... mayabang lang po ako 😂😂😂

Baka maging client ako ni neville jan sa financial savvy dating services na yan. Wahahahahaha

When is the best time to invest?

Sabi nila when price is below 50 Day Moving Average, yung iba 100 Day, yung iba 200 Day.

If you are starting from paycheck, just do it any time. Then regularly add. It's called cost averaging.

Pero if you have something saved and it is big to you, then spread it around by dividing it over a period you are comfortable with. If it were me, I would spread it over 6 months, meaning, I invest some now, then another next month until the 6 months are up and all were invested.

Ako rin puro beach. Ayaw maupload ang photo.

Try mo imgur.com sir PP.

20191204 Updates:

Property

* Reduce total debt to $58K by year-end (currently at $57.0K) - MET

* Expect condo value to appreciate to $50K by year-end (currently at $50.0K) - MET

* Anticipate house value to appreciate to $280K by year- end (currently at $275.0K) - NOT MET

Savings for Current Use

* Increase college savings of children to $20K by year-end (currently at $20.2K) - MET

* Buttress business fund to $65K by-year end (currently at $82K) (Note: Conservative case at 92% of actual) - MET

* Save up for parents' emergency bills to $3.2K (currently at $3.2K) - MET

Savings for Retirement/Future Use

* Grow retirement savings to $170K by year-end (currently at $174K) (Note: Conservative case at 92% of actual) - MET

* Drum up social security savings to $170K by year-end (currently at $177K) (Note: PV at $360K for age 62) - MET