LA Lakers

• 2 weeks later...

Hope they make good use of the draft pick...

I'm sure they will ...

I trust Mitch eye for talent unlike this Celtic fan(lu)natic trolling here. I recall he was too ecstatic to claim that the C position is set with when the Celts drafted their "future starting elite shot-blocking big man" (according to him) in Fab Melo. Oh well as we know by now Fab couldn't be even the player this moron thinks he could be even in the D League. Even Ainge gave up on this guy after a season which clearly tells us something about the credibility of this troll's opinion.

And BTW, last year he was overjoyed when the C's drafted a Young and Smart backcourt in the first round. Mitch meanwhile bought a middle second round pick and got Jordan Clarkson who eventually earned NBA All Rookie First Team honors. A place where the Smart guy should have been. :lol:

Edited by rooster69ph

Why should i be obsessed with a loser like fab melo and you? The lakers drafted robert sacre the same year as the 60th selection. Their rookie stats are almost identical but Sacre end up playing more games and have a longer nba career todate. I guess i am contented with the choice of mitch. As i said i trust him more than i trust your eye for talent.

Speaking of an elite shot blocking big man ..... Credibility of his opinion .... Alam na! Hahaha

I won't be surprise if he will post some stupid s@%t after this in this thread or the other threads to drag me down to his level and try to beat me there. It's his ploy. He's the well known troll of mtc. Just look at his reputation...i don't see much love. So let him be.

IMHO the Lakers may not be truly convinced on what they've seen in Okafor or they are merely trying to accumulate "more" assets with the #2 pick by "trading down" .

Instead of getting a big man in Okafor (assuming that the report that Towns is a lock at number 1) they end up getting the big man that they need plus the 6th pick which could turn out to be Mudiay who apparently is falling according to some mock draft.

As a GM its his job to try if he can sell the idea. Kung magkatotoo hindi masama pero it will be a long shot sa tingin ko.

Or maybe they want to win now with Kobe that's why there are tons of rumors about Lakers chasing Cousins rather than waiting for the potential Towns or Okafor to blossom which will maybe be 2 or 3 yrs from now.

But for me I'll just bet on the future of either Towns or Okafor. Rather than try to win now on a VERY competitive western conference that will be strong again next season.

Personally, I doubt if it would be the "win now" mentality that will trigger this transaction. MAdami pang pieces missing for the Lakers to be competing for a championship next year. As you said malakas ang West kaya I doubt if getting Cousins can alter yun chances of winning a championship.

IMHO its been said that mahina si Okafor sa defense. Yan din ang problema ni Randle actually but both players are good offensively though. With Cousins, I think the Lakers believe he can be a better defensive anchor if paired with Randle in the front court without sacrificing the offense tapos may isang quality player pa na makukuha from the 6th pick who can play/fill-in their depth at the guard or small forward position.

surprising 2nd pick, haha, well if russell is the best player in the 2015 batch, might as well go for it and just sign free agent big man :lol:

D'Angelo Russell , Jordan Clarkson, Kobe Bryant , Julius Randle, Marc Gasol / LaMarcus Aldridge :P

D'Angelo Russell, clarkson, bryant, randle and Demarcus cousins....

D'Angelo Russell, clarkson, bryant, randle and Demarcus cousins....

However...im not that sold with russel...would have wanted okafor for the lakers....

clarkson, bryant, young, aldridge/monroe/love and okafor...better than russel, bryant, clarkson, aldridge/love/monroe/randle and jordan hill...

Unless of course if theyd try to get demarcus cousins....