• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

South China/West Philippine Sea

This is one of Duterte’s Policy Statements that I like most:

CNN reported:

"... After winning the 2016 elections, Duterte said it will not rely on U.S. in dealing with its dispute with China over the South China Sea.

"It will not be dependent on America. And it will be a line that is not intended to please anybody but the Filipino interest."..."

The sooner we Filipinos accept that nobody will defend us against aggressors but we ourselves, the better for us and our future generations.

http://www.rappler.com/nation/146103-duterte-stops-joint-patrols-south-china-sea

Duterte wants to stop joint patrols in West PH Sea

'I will not allow it because I do not want my country to be involved in a hostile act,' says President Duterte

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte said he wants to stop joint maritime patrols in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea) even after an arbitral tribunal had ruled in favor of the country's legal claim over the territory.

“We will not join any expedition or patrolling. I will not allow it because I do not want my country to be involved in a hostile act,” Duterte said on Tuesday, September 13, during the anniversary of the Presidential Airlift Wing at Villamor Air Base.

Duterte wants to take out joint patrols in waters that an arbitral tribunal in the Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague, the Netherlands had declared belongs to the Philippines and not to China.

Former British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain comes to mind when he said on 30 September 1938 "Peace for our time" with regard to his meeting with Chancellor Adolf Hitler of Germany regarding the Munich Accords.

20th Century Version 21st Century Version

United Kingdom Philippines

Germany P.R. China

Neville Chamberlain Du30

Adolf Hitler Xi Jin Ping

Munich Agreement South China Sea Ruling favoring The Philippines

Czech People 101 Million Filipinos due to the __________________ of 16 Million Filipinos.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I also would not want the Philippines to participate in any joint patrol beyond our EEZ boundaries.

We must make our intentions clear to both the USA & China.

We are only interested in unhindered sovereignty over our own Exclusive Economic Zone.

We are not interested in becoming part of the Anti Access/Area Denial (A2/AD) strategies against China. We should, after all, accept the fact that China needs to secure the South China Sea for its own self defense.