ok.. paano nyo ikakabit ang terorismo sa islam?

samantalang ang terorismo ay isang haram (bawal) sa islam?

ito patunay...

tungkol sa suicide... ayun sa hadith...

“ The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said:

Whoever kills himself with something in this world will be punished with it on the Day of Resurrection ”

- Al Bukhari - Hadith No. 5700

at ang pagpatay sa isang inosente... ayun sa Koran...

If anyone killed a person not in retaliation of murder, or (and) to spread mischief in the land - it would be as if he killed all mankind,

and if anyone saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of all mankind.

(Surah Al-Maa’idah 5:32)

Since you claim that terrorism is prohibited by Islam, then wouldn't you agree that the world is indeed better off without the likes of Osama?

For the life of me, I can't see why that question can't be answered with a simple yes or no.

• 2 weeks later...

Since you claim that terrorism is prohibited by Islam, then wouldn't you agree that the world is indeed better off without the likes of Osama?

For the life of me, I can't see why that question can't be answered with a simple yes or no.

of course the world would be better without the likes of osama. only a handful of people follow him. almost all condemn him. u assume that all muslims consent his work? i dont see how u came up with that stereotype. ang hirap kasi sa inyo iniisip nyo lahat katulad ni binladen.

of course the world would be better without the likes of osama. only a handful of people follow him. almost all condemn him. u assume that all muslims consent his work? i dont see how u came up with that stereotype. ang hirap kasi sa inyo iniisip nyo lahat katulad ni binladen.

Will you please go over my past posts, and tell me where and how I said that all Moslems "consent his work" (sic), or where and how I came up with any stereotypes regarding Islam. Mine was an objective question; you're the one who makes assumptions and stereotypes.

In any event, you made your view clear; well and good. I cannot say that for some of the other posters, who replied to my earlier question with evasiveness.

only a handful of people follow him?

wonder if that's why after 9/11 so many t-shirts printed with bin laden's face were on sale in malaysia.

• 3 weeks later...

i'd call that more than fascination.

kokomonster thinks only a handful of people thought osama bin laden was right. that's simply not true.

I don't know if its really more than lame fascination to most people. True, some people may have well-formed beliefs that made them support osama. But is that the majority? I doubt it. Psychology says its likely not. Its likely a bandwagon mentality thing. And a cult worship of some sorts. An irrational thing.

I don't know if its really more than lame fascination to most people. True, some people may have well-formed beliefs that made them support osama. But is that the majority? I doubt it. Psychology says its likely not. Its likely a bandwagon mentality thing. And a cult worship of some sorts. An irrational thing.

As some of us have been asking on this thread, where are the moderate Muslims who denounce the killings done in their name? If the majority found these acts of terrorism detestable, they sure haven't made that known to the world.

But that's understandable, since it's difficult to decry violence when criticism begets repercussions to yourself and your family. Take, as no small example, the willingness of society to criticize Christianity vs. Islam. One of these endeavors brings a death knell and most people know it in the pits of their stomachs.

Edited by dungeonbaby
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A quick research will show a few Muslim-dominated countries (mostly Islamic states) held rallies in support of Osama. When OBL was killed by American Special Forces, the only people who visibly celebrated were Americans (American Muslims included) and some non-Muslim dominated countries. If the so-called majority of Muslims are moderate, they sure have a funny way of (not) showing it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest demon nick fury

One thing I really admire about Islam is how it becomes a great unifying factor to its adherents. They (Muslims) usually unite in prayer, in culture and in politics because they base everything on the Qur'an.

One thing I really admire about Islam is how it becomes a great unifying factor to its adherents. They (Muslims) usually unite in prayer, in culture and in politics because they base everything on the Qur'an.

i wonder if you also admire the unifying propensity to bequeath to the infidel world the gifts of its special brand of terror.

• Like (+1) 1
Guest demon nick fury

Not that one of course hehehe. Educated Muslims like the ones we have at the Islamic Institute (in Dilliman) are, just like Christians and Buddhists, 99% reasonable and do not adhere to any form of religious extremism.

Not that one of course hehehe. Educated Muslims like the ones we have at the Islamic Institute (in Dilliman) are, just like Christians and Buddhists, 99% reasonable and do not adhere to any form of religious extremism.

tell them they need to stand up and denounce the horrific acts committed in the name of their beliefs.

Here are your choices as a non-believer/infidel:

1. Conversion

2. Subjugation

3. War

Peaceful coexistence in a pluralistic society is not an option offered to you. Go ahead and ask those in the Institute of Islamic Studies to renounce jihad.

Ask them to explain this statement:

"...a journey undertaken for jihad in the evening or morning merits a reward better than the world and all that is in it."

• Like (+1) 1

Here are your choices as a non-believer/infidel:

1. Conversion

2. Subjugation

3. War

Peaceful coexistence in a pluralistic society is not an option offered to you. Go ahead and ask those in the Institute of Islamic Studies to renounce jihad.

Ask them to explain this statement:

"...a journey undertaken for jihad in the evening or morning merits a reward better than the world and all that is in it."

Reward seems to be they key that motivates...

Educated Muslims are mostly the ones who are very much like good Christians. They too are concerned with common good and universal brotherhood/sisterhood.

This moral equivalency argument is naive, and it is why the world continues to shake its head in confusion when confronted with terrorism. If you analyze jihadists' motives by first equating 'good' Christians and 'good' Muslims, then you will never understand; because a good Christian can live a moral, upright life without killing, whereas a good Muslim must believe in such things as honor killings and the wholesale slaughter of infidels, a term which, ironically, applies to non-Muslim apologists such as yourself. An 'educated' Muslim, one who actually speaks Arabic and understands the Qur'an vs one who has just memorized it, knows that the Verse of the Sword repeals more peaceful ones. The Qur'an does not make distinctions when it gives open-ended edicts like "slay the idolaters wherever ye find them."

An 'educated' Christian, however, knows that the Biblical passages considered to exhort violence are directed only towards the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites, Hivites, Jebusites, or Perizzites, all of whom don't exist today.

• Like (+1) 1