• 4 weeks later...

why am i not surprised that instead of mediating for Filipinos, you tell Malaysia to do whatever it needs to do to Kiram's followers

we ask for clemency for Pinoys who are getting the death penalty in other countries. what's the diff?

Well, they did invade another country. If I was Malaysian, I'd consider those folks to be terrorists.

The Philippines cannot afford a war with another country. The resources are not there.

Well, they did invade another country. If I was Malaysian, I'd consider those folks to be terrorists.

The Philippines cannot afford a war with another country. The resources are not there.

our president is not Malaysian. can he not watch out for his own countrymen first before lawyering for the other side?

If he's exhausted all options in getting the Pinoy invaders from taking things too far and hasn't been able to convince them...and he clearly hasn't...what can he do?

he had not exhausted all options when he told Malaysia to go ahead and do what it needed to do. now Malacanang backpedals when the jets came out to play.

what can he do? he can hold his tongue and not say you're on your own, condolences.

he had not exhausted all options when he told Malaysia to go ahead and do what it needed to do. now Malacanang backpedals when the jets came out to play.

what can he do? he can hold his tongue and not say you're on your own, condolences.

Maybe. But how would we - or you - know you wouldn't criticize him for holding his tongue, though?

Maybe. But how would we - or you - know you wouldn't criticize him for holding his tongue, though?

how would we know anything for sure if it didn't happen. in this case it happened, the administration failed, the criticism followed, the administration back-pedaled.

Edited by dungeonbaby

Abnoy,

Now the whole world know how stupid you can be. They've seen your lawyering for Malaysia instead

of the least, be neutral. Worse you even have the guts to prosecute these guys, when their not even

affraid to go to war. hahaha...you really is such a moron.

Why is it that on the China row, you want to bring it to international court of justice. Why is this

case, you can't even mention about ICJ? The reason is obvious the the whole world has seen that you moron.

Here is a comment from Nigel Pope of Singapore on Gary Oliver's column that appeared in Manila Standard today.

Aquino is not the son of real heroes or real martyrs.

Look at his family line.

His father and paternal grandfather committed treason: the father with Malaysia, the grandfather with Japan. His father wasn't martyred: he was murdered by a former ally. Here's your proof: the mother never released the results of the investigation while she was president.

As for the mother, I am sorry but she is no hero or saint when she was responsible for the murder of unarmed farmers protesting with the goal of getting back from her family the land that they had legally owned for decades.

That's the reality of the Aquino family. Only in the Philippines does the national lack of critical thinking elevate them to hero status. A family like that in any other nation would be the QUISLINGS and BENEDICT ARNOLDs of that nation.

Noynoy is screwing up because his natural inclination is to betray his countrymen. Treason is in his blood. It's his highest calling.

The only purpose of the two Aquino presidencies that the Philippines has been cursed with is to protect the oligarchs. The job of an Aquino is to make sure that anti-FDI provisions of the Constitution remain in place. that way, the average Pinoy will stay poor or be forced to work as an OFW but the oligarchs will continue to enjoy the overwhelming bulk of the country's wealth without threat of competition.

And that's why Noynoy remains president despite his laziness, incompetence, general mismanagement, lack of leadership skills, corruption of Congress, treason with China, treason with Malaysia: for all of these things he continues to fulfil his only real purpose and that is to ensure that there is no constitutional change that might damage the wealth and protected status of the oligarchs.

That was a very sweeping statement. I wonder where you got all your facts from. I am not pro Aquino. My family has been Marcos loyalists until the very end. However, I would let him do what he has to do until he ends his term and then let history judge him.

The President is not God almighty. Unlike the martial era where Marcos can do things at a whim, any president after Marcos had to play by the rules of politics in this country, and the reality of politics in this country is you have to work with corrupt politicians, the landed elite, and the business elite, corrupt military officers to get things done. Try being president and doing what you propose. You'll be out in less than a year because you will not be catering to those you have to share power with.

Just wondering: You seem to know about the Marcos years. How old were you then?

-Do you even know what the whole Jabidah issue was all about? What can you say about the fact that the recruits of operation Jabidah, the muslims themselves refused to participate when they found out that their mission order was to instigate insurgency and destabilization in Sabah, resulting in their massacre by the AFP, and becoming the last nail in the coffin in a string of grievances that the moro's had against the government and their filipino christian brethren, resulting in Nur Misuari establishing the MNLF. Ninoy was a journalist who had to expose this abuse of our muslim brethren, what would you have preferred? The muslims get slaughtered, everybody keeps quiet and the muslims dont get any justice, or at least the attention they deserved.

I was young at that time when I overheared my uncles and their friends in the military talking about it in family gatherings. From what I hear from their conversations, the Jabidah recruits mutineed because they were not getting paid. It seems one of the officers is pocketing their allowances. The recruits mutineed and threatened to disband and spill the beans to the press. The supposedly secret operation is getting out of control. That was why the operation was aborted and the operatives were "silenced".(Parang spy movie, ano?)

We may never get the real story because it is a state secret. But it's definitely not because of some ideological issue that you imply. You probably heard the MNLF's romantic version of the Jabidah story. I'd would tend to believe my family's military friends' version.

Sen. Ninoy Aquino exposed the Jabidah incident through a privilege speech in the Senate, based on information from his informant, who was an officer in the AFP.

The resulting expose' embarrassed the Philippine government and prompted Malaysia to cut diplomatic ties with us. Malaysia then supported the MNLF by providing training, arms, and financial support to destabilize Mindanao -- sort of giving the Philippine government (Marcos gov't) a dose of its own medicine.

What if Ninoy kept quiet? If the incident was kept secret, Malaysia wouldn't have known about it. Our diplomatic relations wouldn't have suffered. Of course, Malaysian intelligence may find out about the incident, but as long as it is kept a secret, international diplomacy would have prevailed, with both Philippines and Malaysian governments acting amicably toward each other as if all is well.

With normal diplomatic relations, MNLF wouldn't have risen as a significant force to put Mindanao in chaos with Malaysian support.

Sen. Ninoy Aquino exposed a top secret Philippine Military operation for his own political gain. The result is the destabilization of Mindanao.

Edited by camiar

I was young at that time when I overheared my uncles and their friends in the military talking about it in family gatherings. From what I hear from their conversations, the Jabidah recruits mutineed because they were not getting paid. It seems one of the officers is pocketing their allowances. The recruits mutineed and threatened to disband and spill the beans to the press. The supposedly secret operation is getting out of control. That was why the operation was aborted and the operatives were "silenced".(Parang spy movie, ano?)

We may never get the real story because it is a state secret. But it's definitely not because of some ideological issue that you imply. You probably heard the MNLF's romantic version of the Jabidah story. I'd would tend to believe my family's military friends' version.

Sen. Ninoy Aquino exposed the Jabidah incident through a privilege speech in the Senate, based on information from his informant, who was an officer in the AFP.

The resulting expose' embarrassed the Philippine government and prompted Malaysia to cut diplomatic ties with us. Malaysia then supported the MNLF by providing training, arms, and financial support to destabilize Mindanao -- sort of giving the Philippine government (Marcos gov't) a dose of its own medicine.

What if Ninoy kept quiet? If the incident was kept secret, Malaysia wouldn't have known about it. Our diplomatic relations wouldn't have suffered. Of course, Malaysian intelligence may find out about the incident, but as long as it is kept a secret, international diplomacy would have prevailed, with both Philippines and Malaysian governments acting amicably toward each other as if all is well.

With normal diplomatic relations, MNLF wouldn't have risen as a significant force to put Mindanao in chaos with Malaysian support.

Sen. Ninoy Aquino exposed a top secret Philippine Military operation for his own political gain. The result is the destabilization of Mindanao.

Thanks for answering Mach83's question for me. He doesn't even know about the proposal of Cory to give up Sabah (any research on the issue should show this). He doesn't even know that when it comes to national security, one may even have to sacrifice some right because of the bigger issue involved. Example is the German bombing of Coventry in WW II. The British knew it was coming but to warn the people would have meant letting the Germans know that the British have broken the enigma code.

Edited by sandy51

Why fault Noynoy for his incompetence? Before electing him President, didn't we know this? Didn't we know that he couldn't even make an executive position at Mondragon - a company owned by a cabinet secretary of his mother? Didn't we know that he did very little in Congress? So why is it his fault?happy.gif

Why fault Noynoy for his incompetence? Before electing him President, didn't we know this? Didn't we know that he couldn't even make an executive position at Mondragon - a company owned by a cabinet secretary of his mother? Didn't we know that he did very little in Congress? So why is it his fault?happy.gif

Well to start with, i knew from the begin his a f#&king moron not suited for the job yet, he took the opportunity

of his mother's death. Isang mapagsamantalang huhang. I fault him now cause until today, he blames the previous

administration when in fact he has been there for almost half of his term. I fault him cause he have the guts to

claim matuwid na daan when his cohorts are raking the goverment coffers & that nothing has changed in terms of corruption

in goverment. I fault him cause he keep's bragging about how great the economy his which he got nothing to do yet

millions are still hungry & jobless. I fault him cause he keep bragging about peace & order when crime on the street

are sky high & can be as brutal as Atimonan massacre. I fault him cause he got the guts to smile on camera during the

Luneta hostage crisis. I fault him cause he has the guts to say good words to Robredo after his death while he was

screwing him when he was still alive.

The worse about this sucker is he acts as if he knew what to do. If there is anything good about Erap presidency is

that we knew his dumb but yet his cabinets secretaries are the one running the country. Itong si Abnoy, mahilig magpangap!

Thinking that Ninoy should have remained silent on the issue is a chilling proposal. Your practically condoning a great injustice. What if you or your loved ones or friends held valuable state secrets and then the state decided to silence them? Would you yourself condone this? The accepted story of the Jabidah massacre was that the recruits were not given what they were promised, along with the refusal to fight in Sabah. All we have beyond that is mere speculation to suit our desired form of history right now. Nobody ever saw that in the 1960's aside from being militarily and economically stronger than Malaysia, and with better sphere of influence, it did not cross Marcos's mind to reclaim Sabah through diplomatic channels.

With regards to the MNLF rebellion, the Jabidah massacre was the last nail in the coffin, amongst a list of grievances that the Muslim Filipinos have against the government and their Christian brethren. If it was not Jabidah, then the continued neglect, abuse, and Christian encroachment into Muslim territory would have started it sooner or later. Jabidah, just accelerated the whole process. With regards to Malaysia supporting the MNLF, it did'nt need a Jabidah for them to help their Muslim brethren in Sulu (although that too aggravated the situation and steadied Malaysia's resolve, that is to never again be threatened).

“I believe in the validity of our claim to Sabah, per se.

“I believe we must pursue our claim to a legal end in the International Court of Justice, that the heirs of the Sultan of Sulu or their assignees and successors must be in any case be compensated.

“I believe in upholding the national patrimony and national dignity against any and all odds, but I hold we are called upon as the leaders, to caution against all acts of rashness.

“I believe in country—“My country, right or wrong,” as somebody said, but I must take issue with those who will PLUNGE US INTO UNDUE TRAGEDY BY SELFISH MOTIVES.

“…We have shown a capacity to endure stoically and stolidly when faced with adversity, but need we afflict our people with calamity and tragedy needlessly?

“We have shown we can be revolted and revulsed, but need we yield to blind passion, to rage, over reaction to something WE STARTED IN THE FIRST PLACE?

“Our courage, our valor, and our love of country were tested under enemy fire in Bataan, Corregidor and the hills around Batac, but NEED WE SACRIFICE OUR YOUTH AND OUR FUTURE IN AN EXERCISE IN FUTILITY?

“The need, Mr. President, is reason, not arson; sanity, not madness; And war, I dare say, is the optimum in madness. And war, I dare say, is the optimum in madness.

“If we must, let us pursue this claim in a spirit of conciliation, not wrath; let us seek a solution in friendship, not by force of arms.

“Let us not even think of taking up the implements of war, the tools of violence and killing, but labor instead for an honourable settlement at the conference table, in the council of nations, in the world court, or in whatever forum and wherever place it may be.

“But most importantly, let us together—the Malaysians and us—strive for a settlement that will give paramount value to the will of the people of Sabah themselves.”

SENATOR NINOY AQUINO, “Sabah! A Game of Diversion” speech, 5 October 1968

PS

Oh, and ironically my family including myself, have always been Marcos loyalists. But being a Marcos loyalist doesn't mean I have to be a Marcos stooge, fanatic, or blind to his faults. He had his share of greatness during his heyday, and he had his failures, simple as that.

I have never been a fan of the Aquino's but I do not like historical revisionism to suit our current needs. I never voted for Noynoy, but I will give him a chance. He is president now, and he may do things we or we may not like, but as president we have to give him a chance. Currently, all indicators lead to an improving economy, even statistics for corruption are at least declining compared to GMA's administration. Right now expert international opinion states, that this improvement in the economy is not trickling down to the masses, which is true, but Noynoy is not the only one who holds the money bag, he is not the only one who makes the rules.

Ninoy's speech was great! But he made it for his own selfish political agenda. He wanted to expose Marcos' mistake and rack up political "pogi" points for himself.

But what you still donot get is that, whatever the Philippine government did that time, right or wrong, was (and still is) a state secret. Exposing state secret is treason. Ninoy used his privileges as a Senator to expose his own country's secrets to another.

Had he kept quiet, nothing would have happened since the plot was aborted anyway. What Malaysia didn't know, wouldn't hurt them.

The USA did a lot of black ops against other countries. Did you ever hear of a US Senator exposing these top secret operations in their privileged speeches? Only in the Philippines!

What should Ninoy have done? He could have filed an impeachment case against Marcos if he can prove that activating "Operation Merdeka" was unconstitutional. Or if he can prove that Marcos ordered the massacre of the Jabidah recruits. At least if he did that, Malaysia would have no moral reason to retaliate because Senate have already put the president on trial. But he was too lazy to do that. And the thought of scoring political points on Marcos' expense was too tempting for him. He exposed Operation Merdeka in his privileged speech then let it go at that. No sanctions against Marcos. Ninoy Aquino's actions (inaction?) forced Malaysia's hand into retaliating the way they did.

PS

Unlike you, I'm not a Marcos loyalist. But I'm definitely not Abnoy's fan. After supporting Ninoy and Cory duting the late 80s, I later opened my eyes to realize that the Aquinos are no heroes either -- in fact they collectively did as much harm to us as the Marcoses did. I'm just calling spade a spade.

Edited by camiar

Abnoy,

Ang kapal mo sabihin that the perpetrators of Sabah incursion has put 800,000 Filipino lives in there

at risk. If your goverment is really that great as you claim it to be, those 800,000 of our countrymen

won't be staying there. The reality is your governance has forced them to live there, in view of there's

no hope in your administration.

Even worse, you have put 90M Filipinos at risk the moment you have assumed the Malacanang post with all

the diplomatic bungling you've been doing. Blame your self, don't blame others so you can act accordingly

you f#&king moron! Puro ka turo sa iba pag meron problema rather than solving it. Kung hindi mo kaya,

mag resign at huwag kang magdunong-dunongan.