this might explain your quandary...

"A bully pulpit is a public office or other position of authority of sufficiently high rank that provides the holder with an opportunity to speak out and be listened to on any matter. The bully pulpit can bring issues to the forefront that were not initially in debate, due to the office's stature and publicity.

This term was coined by President Theodore Roosevelt, who referred to the White House as a "bully pulpit," by which he meant a terrific platform from which to advocate an agenda. Roosevelt famously used the word bully as an adjective meaning "superb" or "wonderful" (a more common expression in his time than it is today)"

just as justice corona would speak his mind about the executive, pnoy could also use his bully pulpit ...

Pnoy is going by the rules when it comes to the independence of the 3 branches of gov't compared with GMA who

allegedly lied, cheated and stole to try and control all 3 branches...

i'm sorry, too...because if you don't get it by reading my political speculations a second time...

it is my belief that you might never get politics at all...

:lol:

You said it, not me "plitical speculations"

i dont agree with exposing shenanigans of the previous administration is one way of fighting corruption. its more of a diversionary tactic for me. its easy to beat up or make the past administration the whipping boy of the current administration.

hey jopoc !....one of aquino's 'attack dogs' wrote something which you might be interested in (or probably not?)..

.somehow, mayroong katotohanan sa sinasabi niya...kailangan lang, we have to open our eyes....

there's a good definition of persecution and justice here...

"Kayong mga nagsasabing lubayan na ang pag-usig sa mga nandaraya, nandarambong, at nagsalaula sa bayan nitong nakaraang dekada dahil ito ay persecution o paninikil at walang magandang naidudulot sa bayan, kami ang lubayan n'yo. Kami ang tantanan n'yo. Kami ang tigilan n'yo. Bumenta na ang dramang 'yan, nilalangaw na sa takilya and sarswelang 'yan. Noon pa 'yan sinasabi ni Imelda, na me paiyak-iyak pa, me pa dab dab pa sa mata ng panyolitong binababad sa pabango, persecution daw ang pag-usig sa kanila. Persecution daw ang paghabol sa ninakaw nila. Persecution daw ang pagsisikap na maikulong sila.

Kung nilalait ka dahil pandak ka, maitim ka, steel wool ang buhok mo, ang tawag d'yan ay persecution. Kung inuusig ka dahil magnanakaw ka, mandaraya ka, walanghiya ka, ang tawag d'yan ay katarungan. Kung nilalait ka dahil maganda ka, mayaman ka, matalino ka, ang tawag d'yan ay inggit. Kung inuusig ka dahil nagpakasasa ka, nagkasala ka, gumawa ka ng katiwalian, ang tawag d'yan ay dapat lang." - de quiros...

fortunately, the judicial branch remained independent...or else we could have been under martial rule....

but only until gma was able to appoint enough of her loyalists to tilt the balance...jopoc must have been

referring to corona (accepting gma's midnight appointment)

when jopoc said something about delicadeza not observed in the phils...

kung favorable kina GMA ang decision (like the watchlist order TRO) maka-GMA ang SC.

kung anti-GMA naman (like no TRO for the impeachment of merci), fair ang SC.

double standards????

hey jopoc !....one of aquino's 'attack dogs' wrote something which you might be interested in (or probably not?)..

.somehow, mayroong katotohanan sa sinasabi niya...kailangan lang, we have to open our eyes....

there's a good definition of persecution and justice here...

"Kayong mga nagsasabing lubayan na ang pag-usig sa mga nandaraya, nandarambong, at nagsalaula sa bayan nitong nakaraang dekada dahil ito ay persecution o paninikil at walang magandang naidudulot sa bayan, kami ang lubayan n'yo. Kami ang tantanan n'yo. Kami ang tigilan n'yo. Bumenta na ang dramang 'yan, nilalangaw na sa takilya and sarswelang 'yan. Noon pa 'yan sinasabi ni Imelda, na me paiyak-iyak pa, me pa dab dab pa sa mata ng panyolitong binababad sa pabango, persecution daw ang pag-usig sa kanila. Persecution daw ang paghabol sa ninakaw nila. Persecution daw ang pagsisikap na maikulong sila.

Kung nilalait ka dahil pandak ka, maitim ka, steel wool ang buhok mo, ang tawag d'yan ay persecution. Kung inuusig ka dahil magnanakaw ka, mandaraya ka, walanghiya ka, ang tawag d'yan ay katarungan. Kung nilalait ka dahil maganda ka, mayaman ka, matalino ka, ang tawag d'yan ay inggit. Kung inuusig ka dahil nagpakasasa ka, nagkasala ka, gumawa ka ng katiwalian, ang tawag d'yan ay dapat lang." - de quiros...

dequiros' brother is Pnoy's appointee for top SSS post, if i am not mistaken.

notice that many of Pnoy's appointees, from carandang down, are from media or related to some media personalities.

Pakiusap to those in this forum who are close to Noynoy. Please ask him to take a look at Metro Manila traffic management. We know that Noynoy wants to observe traffic signs even if he is the President. For me, that's a little bit too much, although I think what he really wants to do is make a statement - unfortunately his Vice President does not hear.

Be that as it may, baka naman he can go a step further. The authority over Metro Manila traffic management has been given to so many people, including Barangay Tanods and Security Guards. How capable are they really? But then again, how capable are the ones who deputized them really? Take for example the bus lanes on EDSA. Whoever it is that thought of using yellow as lane marking, obviously never even read a driver's handbook. Otherwise, that person would have known that a yellow line has a specific meaning.

Further on EDSA, in theory, someone driving from Baclaran to Monumento (or vice versa) should be able to stay on just one lane all throughout. But for those who travel EDSA, you would see that it is impossible, for a disciplined driver to do so because his lane disappears - in some instances, it even leads him to the gutter. True, Filipinos don't follow traffic rules, but at least give those who do the opportunity to do so. Let's not sacrifice the good for doing good just because everyone around him are bad.

At the local level, they also have their own rules - and often, the rules do not appear to be for the maintenance of order but rather to catch the unwary off guard.

Please. Metro Manila traffic is already chaotic. We don't need to exacerbate the situation by having so many incompetent traffic managers, and not one single person responsible. Hopefully we won't say that, that one single person is the President.

Be that as it may, baka naman he can go a step further. The authority over Metro Manila traffic management has been given to so many people, including Barangay Tanods and Security Guards. How capable are they really? But then again, how capable are the ones who deputized them really?

I never take traffic orders from sekyus. They know ZERO, have lower IQs than chimps and are only concerned about their own mall/village entrance. Which is why I also never follow traffic lights posted at village entrances. Them traffic lights were made by idiots who were paid by their wealthy a$$holes

I never take traffic orders from sekyus. They know ZERO, have lower IQs than chimps and are only concerned about their own mall/village entrance. Which is why I also never follow traffic lights posted at village entrances. Them traffic lights were made by idiots who were paid by their wealthy a$$holes

Aren't you being a bit harsh on you lowering SGs than Chimps?

Dear PNoy sino ipapalit mo kay Bacalzo?

+++

RT i agree not to take traffic orders from sekyu ... i usually run ignore them or at times try to run over them

... i do not agree however on lower IQs than chimps ....

Dear PNoy sino ipapalit mo kay Bacalzo?

+++

RT i agree not to take traffic orders from sekyu ... i usually run ignore them or at times try to run over them

... i do not agree however on lower IQs than chimps ....

sana wag muna si Barto. meron pang 2 taon yan. meron pang mas senior kay Big Nose na deserving, competent at hindi rin sira ang integrity despite the fact na member ng Class 78....

ako, kahit wala akong tiwala sa mga sekyu, i still take orders from them.

baka kasi may isang kotse o pedestrian na sumusunod sa utos nila, tapos biglang makadisgrasya pa ako. sakit pa ng ulo yan

i dont think nakakabawas ng pagkakalalaki kung pagbigyan nyo na lang ang power trip nila.

----

i dont think the sekyus have IQs lower than the chimps.

but i think some of the sekyus have IQs higher than our president.

ako, kahit wala akong tiwala sa mga sekyu, i still take orders from them.

baka kasi may isang kotse o pedestrian na sumusunod sa utos nila, tapos biglang makadisgrasya pa ako. sakit pa ng ulo yan

i dont think nakakabawas ng pagkakalalaki kung pagbigyan nyo na lang ang power trip nila.

----

i dont think the sekyus have IQs lower than the chimps.

but i think some of the sekyus have IQs higher than our president.

Aray ko! hahahahahaha.....

In someway may mga sekyu din na mas mataas ang IQ sa iyo dahil hinde nila binoto si Noynoy hehehehe!

while i have to admit that there could be sekyus that have IQs higher than mine, i dont think it has anything about voting for a president.

voting for a president is a gut move. there is no logic in it. there is no guarantee that a "clean" candidate will be a good or bad president. same as there is no guarantee that a "corrupt" candidate will be a good or bad president.

it just so happened that the "clean" candidate who won is not that good after all.

Voting for a President needs IQ, because he will lead us to heaven or hell. The signs of Noynoy's performance are already written at the halls of Congress and Senate and sad to say it's mediocre.

But I do agree that there is no guarantee on voting on President but there is a science called Probability.

while i have to admit that there could be sekyus that have IQs higher than mine, i dont think it has anything about voting for a president.

voting for a president is a gut move. there is no logic in it. there is no guarantee that a "clean" candidate will be a good or bad president. same as there is no guarantee that a "corrupt" candidate will be a good or bad president.

it just so happened that the "clean" candidate who won is not that good after all.

Voting for a President needs IQ, because he will lead us to heaven or hell. The signs of Noynoy's performance are already written at the halls of Congress and Senate and sad to say it's mediocre.

But I do agree that there is no guarantee on voting on President but there is a science called Probability.

I think the qualification of Noynoy was already known even before the election. That is the reason I cannot understand why supposedly bright Makati people would push for him. His spin doctors are good. They also always play up his parents, as if we were actually voting for the parents and not him - and some Makati people buy this. The spin doctors also do not tell (or at least are quiet) about how the father reneged on the agreement for his family's going to the US. Supposedly, the father reneged because it was a "pact with the devil" and so was void. Why was it not void for the part about going to the US Anyway, now that we are stuck with him for sometime, I hope we do not think of another EDSA revolution. We have gone through this, and look where it took us? I hope we learn from experience - and that includes those who may be thinking coup. We also have had experience in that