Pacquiao-Mayweather: “It’s going to happen”

grayle

sir, manny's 8 title are across 8 divisions, yunf kay mayweather across 6 divisions lang po...

i've watched the 4 th round again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35tM3bRxpo8

cortez calls for a time out

he deducts 1 point from ortiz and claps his hands for fight to resume

but he forgot to call time in

he only called time in when pbf was already hitting ortiz

Sayang tinanggal agad ng youtube iyung link, dami tiyak negative comments around the words regarding that cheap shot.

I hope PacMan learned something in that fight as he tends to touch glove with opponents during fights..

I'm pretty sure he does, saka wary na din sila even before that na talagang dirty player si Mayweather na mabagal na

Pacquiao blasts Mayweather for 'poor sportsmanship'

By Abac Cordero, The Philippine Star Posted at 09/19/2011 8:50 AM | Updated as of 09/19/2011 2:27 PM MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao made sure he’d catch the fight on TV. He didn’t like what he saw.

“Very poor sportsmanship,” said the Filipino pound-for-pound champion in the aftermath of Floyd Mayweather’s controversial knockout of Victor Ortiz in Las Vegas yesterday.

Pacquiao said he didn’t’ see anything illegal with what Mayweather did because he thought that the referee, Joe Cortez, had already ordered the fight to continue.

“It was not illegal,” he said.

Still, Pacquiao, a clean fighter, felt it was unsportsmanlike.

Freddie Roach talked to The STAR right after the fight, and felt it was a “cheap shot” from Mayweather.

“Yeah,” he said over the phone.

“The referee was still talking to someone at ringside. And I didn’t see him said ‘box’ like they always do. I think he lost control,” said Roach.

Pacquiao’s adviser, Mike Koncz, felt the same way, too.

“Poor sportsmanship,” said Koncz who watched the fight with Pacquiao.

“I feel the same way. Floyd just took advantage of the inexperience of the young fighter like Ortiz. I agree that it was a cheap shot,” he said.

Koncz was asked if Pacquiao ever talked about the possibility of fighting Mayweather as they watched the fight on TV.

“No. We’re not concerned with Floyd right now. We’re working on the (Juan Manuel) Marquez fight (on Nov. 12),” said Koncz.

“Ortiz was too trusting. It was his fault. But Floyd showed he is not a sportsman in its true sense,” said Pacquiao’s legal adviser, Franklin Gacal.

“It was very clear Cortez was still talking to somebody when Floyd threw the cheap shot at Ortiz. That punch hurt not Ortiz but the sport of boxing,” Gacal added.

Mayweather stretched his unbeaten record to 42 and became the new WBC welterweight champion when he caught Ortiz with two solid punches with just a second left in the fourth round.

It was a clear knockout except that Ortiz wasn’t protecting himself because Cortez appeared to be talking to someone at ringside, maybe the commissioner or one of the judges.

The referee’s eyes were not on the boxers.

That’s why when Mayweather landed the first blow, Cortez looked stunned, his eyes and mouth wide open. Yet, when Ortiz fell to the canvas he was so quick to give him the count.

Cortez defended his actions.

“Time was in. The fighter needed to keep his guard up. Mayweather did nothing illegal,” Cortez firmly said after the fight.

Prior to the knockout, Ortiz pinned Mayweather on the ropes, and banged away at the undefeated American. Then he must have been carried away, and lunged at Mayweather – with his head.

Ortiz was deducted a point for the intentional headbutt that opened a cut on Mayweather’s chin.

“I got hit with a dirty shot,” Mayweather told HBO analyst Larry Merchant inside the ring.

Mayweather insisted that Ortiz should have protected himself at all times.

“Meaning even though it appeared that he wasn’t protecting himself.... That you unfairly took advantage of it,” Merchant continued.

But Mayweather evaded the question, and instead thanked everybody who bought the fight on pay-per-view and those who came out to Las Vegas to watch.

“We’re not (here) to talk about what he did dirty or what I did dirty. I was victorious. If he wants a rematch he can get a rematch,” Mayweather said.

Merchant got into Mayweather’s nerves, and soon after the flamboyant and cocky American was right in the face of the 80-year-old boxing expert.

“You don’t ever give me a fair shake. So I’m gonna let you talk to Victor Ortiz, alright? I’m through. Put somebody else up here to give me an interview. HBO needs to fire you because you don’t know (expletive) about boxing. You ain’t (expletive),” Mayweather ranted.

“If I was 50 years younger, I would kick your ass,” was Merchant’s reply.

Then he turned his back on Mayweather.

POST FIGHT PRESS CONFERENCE OF GAYMAN...

"I don't need (Manny) Pacquiao. With or without Pacquiao, every time Floyd Mayweather goes out there he's going to make over $70-million, period. I don't need him," =

-->According to the Nevada Athletic Commission, Mayweather will make $25 million from the fight, and his total take could approach $40 million with his cut of the HBO Pay Per View telecast and other revenue streams. but hey, after the fight with ortiz, who's next in your line to give you $70M? and to remind you, thousands of your tickets were not sold..

"Where was he (Pacquiao) in 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 2001, when I was dominating the game? Now when I'm 34 they say this guy wants to fight. They didn't ask me when I was in my twenties or when I was in my teens,"

-->as if he would fight the "then unknown" pacquiao if he challenged him that time.. besides, he's 34 and pacquiao's 32.. 2 years difference?? c'mon man!!!

"If were to go up right now to heavyweight and compete with the Klitschkos, you would say, 'Floyd Mayweather is on something.' But a man goes up from 105 to 154 and you say, 'oh, it's all natural.' C'mon man, wake up,"

-->if he cheated, after all his fights, authorities should have figured it out. not to mention, you still have court case regarding that issue.. please attend to that this time.

"Pacquiao is famous because he is attached to my name. When they say Pacquiao, they say that's the guy they are trying to get to fight Floyd Mayweather. When they say Floyd Mayweather, they say that's an all-time great,"

-->maybe it's the other way around.. i think he's the one always mentioning pacquiao. besides, thousands of tickets were not sold for his fight, while pacquiao's november fight tickets are sold out as early as 2 weeks ago.. online selling of ticket valued at $7k are now sold at $17k.. and hey, PACQUIAO IS THE NUMBER ONE POUND-FOR-POUND.

http://teampilipinas.info/2011/09/mayweather-slams-pacquiao-in-post-fight.html

well, to the rescue naman kay PACMAN ang mga boxing analysts... hindi na kailangan sumagot ni PACMAN kay GAYMAN dahil nandiyan ang super friends..

*Yahoo! Sports' Kevin Iole, meanwhile, criticized Mayweather for "ducking and dodging" questions about Pacquiao during the post-fight presser.

"Finally, he was asked, 'Tell us exactly what it will take for you and Pacquiao to get in there.' And given the opportunity, finally to trot out his favorite line: 'If you think you're the best, take the test,'" Iole said.

"If he doesn't want to fight Pacquiao because he truly believes in his heart that Pacquiao is using performance enhancing drugs, then say so. It will disappoint millions of fans worldwide, many of whom are his fans, but it's his choice to fight whomever he wants," he added.

Iole says Mayweather has to end the "crazy tap dance" regarding the question about Pacquiao.

"For all the great things that Floyd Mayweather Jr. has done in his career, his response to that one question continues to be his only losing move," he said.

*"Floyd just spent 10 mins basically making excuses why he's not fighting Pacquiao. I'm gonna hurl," tweeted ESPN's Dan Rafael.

sus panalo nga si gayweather kanina on a 4th round tko. did anyone watch?

seems like the tko is controversial dahil the gayman hit ortiz during the 'touch gloves' of the 2 fighters after the referee penalized ortiz . ayun ganun pala style ni gayweather. banatan ka pag hindi ka handa dahil hindi pa naman 'game'

PANIS KA!!!! pag ginawa mo kay pacman yan at napikon si aling dionisia, believe me kung dati wala ka na balls to fight Pacman magiging literally wala ka na yag-bols pag natapos si aling dionisia sa iyo.

Thank you for the grotesque mental image.

Hindi ko pinanood iyung whole fight, nadaanan lang sa channel surfing and sa news, pero malayo ang impact ni Floyd kay Pacquiao. Where was Pacquiao more than 10 years ago? He was at war with poverty and anonymity. Muntikan nang maging kanta ni Simon and Garfunkel ang buhay nun.

Interesting piece from Yahoo....

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=AhMJs7gBcznAv.U.NehKnlpShgM6?slug=dw-wetzel_mayweather_ortiz_merchant_091911

an excerpt:

"Here is what happened to some of Pacquiao’s last seven opponents:

Antonio Margarito, pummeled repeatedly, broken orbital bone, sent to hospital. Miguel Cotto, pummeled repeatedly, TKO, sent to hospital. Ricky Hatton, knocked out cold, sent to hospital, hasn’t fought since. Oscar De La Hoya, pummeled repeatedly, TKO’d, hasn’t fought since. David Diaz, pummeled repeatedly, TKO’d, sent to hospital.

The other two (Joshua Clottey, Shane Mosley) essentially refused to fight, covered up for 12 rounds and accepted lopsided losses by decision.

Pacquiao doesn’t just defeat opponents; he punishes them right into an ambulance. Mayweather, attempting to spin the argument, notes that he beat most of those guys before Pacquiao and claims he “softened them up."

Perhaps. It’s also possible Mayweather sees the destruction Pacquiao can do to a man’s health, reputation and career, and wouldn’t mind avoiding him completely."

I saw another piece in Sports Illustrated last week - can't find the link yet, but generally it said the reason why this Gayweather does want to address the question of fighting Pacman is he is afraid of the mere thought that he can lose and have his undefeated record taken away from him and thereby his main claim for greatness.

Well - Gayweather is on the defensive now - it is a question asked of him - when will he fight Pacman.

Why do stupid promoters continue to give this Gayman big purse sa kanyang mga laban? Its about time that promoters stop giving this Chicken big time money sa kanyang mga laban. Tingnan nyo, sa dami ng i se settle niya sa court and off-court, mapipilitang labanan niyang Nigger na yan si Pacman. Ticket sales sa mga laban ni Bading hindi na so sold out. Arum and the rest of the promoters should sit down and make agreements not to offer Gayee big purses.

Thank you for the grotesque mental image.

Hindi ko pinanood iyung whole fight, nadaanan lang sa channel surfing and sa news, pero malayo ang impact ni Floyd kay Pacquiao. Where was Pacquiao more than 10 years ago? He was at war with poverty and anonymity. Muntikan nang maging kanta ni Simon and Garfunkel ang buhay nun.

Floyd is extra extra extra coward. He just presents a lot of excuses when the real issue is WHO IS THE BEST BOXER BETWEEN HIM AND MANNY.

Why do stupid promoters continue to give this Gayman big purse sa kanyang mga laban? Its about time that promoters stop giving this Chicken big time money sa kanyang mga laban. Tingnan nyo, sa dami ng i se settle niya sa court and off-court, mapipilitang labanan niyang Nigger na yan si Pacman. Ticket sales sa mga laban ni Bading hindi na so sold out. Arum and the rest of the promoters should sit down and make agreements not to offer Gayee big purses.

I totally agree with you Master. In fact, during the fight, majority of the fans were actually cheering for Ortiz. The only thing they were waiting for was for Ortiz to defeat Mayweather.

In that fight, it shows that gayweather isn't as quick as he used to be and how dirty of a boxer he is and of course the opportunist that he is. Surely, Pacquiao watched it and would definitely be wary of him once na matuloy ang laban nila....

Pacquiao said that there's nothing illegal to what Floyd did. But Manny himself would never do that because it's not a real sportman's move.

According to NV Commission, Mayweather-Ortiz did gate of $9.0 million.

13,364 tickets sold, 1,268 complimentaries given out and 3,052 unsold tickets.

---> KEVIN IOLE

ayun na!!! kita na natin ang hatak power (?) ni ms. gayweather tsk tsk tsk

by the way, aren't tickets for the pacquiao-marquez bout sold out already? hhhmmmmm

Pacquiao’s Reaction to Mayweather’s Statements

By Eddie Alinea

PhilBoxing.com

Wed, 21 Sep 2011

“Same here…. if he doesn’t need me, I also don’t need him.”

This was how eight-division champion Manny Pacquiao reacted to arch-rival Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s statement that he doesn’t need to fight the Filipino ring idol made after fashioning out a controversial knockout and dethroning of Victor Ortiz last Sunday.

“Matagal ko nang sinabi na at this stage of my boxing career, hindi ko na kailangang labanan siya para ma-preserve ang legacy na iiwanan ko kung ako’y mag-re-retiro, di ba? “ Pacquiao said.

“I repeat, I believe I already have done so much to boxing, in particular, and sports in general,” Pacquiao averred in a a telephone interview after Monday’s start of his high-altitude training in Baguio City.

“Marami na rin akong nagawa para sa sarili ko, sa pamilya ko at maging sa ating bansa at sa ating mga kababayang Pilipino,” he

asserted. “Ang mga nagawa ko, walang bahid dungis. Walang pumintas sa akin at walang nagsabing masama ang ginawa ko.”

“Pinapurihan din ako ng mga prestigious magazines and publications like Time, at kinilala ng mga matataas na pinuno ng ilang bansa. So, ano pa ang hihingin ko? May karagdagan bang karangalan akong makukuha kung lalabanan ko siya? “ he asked.

“Maybe yes, but to me, bonus na lang yun. Alam mo, sa tutoo lang, ayaw talaga niya akong labanan. Ayaw niyang masira ang undefeated record nya. Alam niya kasi me talo siya sa akin,” he said giggling.

The 32-year-old Pacquiao, the present day pound-for-pound king of boxing, was referring to numerous accolades bestowed upon him, including a one-on-one meeting with United States President Barack Obama.

“Kung ang pinakamataas na opisyal mismo ng pinakamakapanyarihang bansa sa mundo ay naniniwala sa akin, wala na talaga akong mahihiling pa,” the Pacman, who is fighting Mexican legend Juan Manuel Marquez for the third time on Nov. 12, stressed.

He clarified though that if a fight against the new World Boxing Council welterweight kingpin is finally arranged, he will abide because it’s the fight all of boxing fans in the entire universe want.

“Yes, pero hindi ako ang magpipilit na mangyari yun. If it will happen, it will happen. Kung gusto niya, okay sa akin, kung ayaw nya, hindi ako ang mawawalan, ” he reasoned out.

ayun na!!! kita na natin ang hatak power (?) ni ms. gayweather tsk tsk tsk

by the way, aren't tickets for the pacquiao-marquez bout sold out already? hhhmmmmm

as early as 1st week of september sold out na tickets... sa ebay and other US sites, and black markets binebenta na tickets as much as $17K.. ^_^ ^_^ ^_^