Are You Proud To Be A Filipino?

Yes.

When I worked abroad for the first time, my co-workers from other nationalities were really interested to know about the Philippines. Likewise, they were eager to share about their own countries' strengths and problems. Pride here also means seeing what is not right with my nation and taking the steps to correct these injustices, in my own way. I've since come back because I am needed here, and there's no place like home :)

If being proud to be a Filipino means accepting all the corruption that takes place in all levels of government as well as outside the government, then I can clearly state that I am ashamed to be a Filipino.

If being proud to be a Filipino means we are at the forefront of the entertainment world which includes dancers, beauty queens, boxers, etc. instead of being in the forefront of medical research, space exploration, the manufacture of high class world products that people all over the world line up outside their stores for hours, even days....then I'm ashamed to be a Filipino.

If being proud to be a Filipino means justice is for sale to the highest bidder, then I'm terribly ashamed to be a Filipino.

If the government boasts that the economy is soaring high but ordinary people don't feel any effect of this "soaring economy" because the ones managing the economy are helping themselves to the benefits of a soaring economy, then, I don't feel any reason to feel proud.

When I see the MRT running at 40 kph and breaks down on an almost daily basis, I feel ashamed to be a Filipino.

Many people feel the same way, particularly those in media. But in their case, they go one step further and feature Americans with Filipino blood doing exceptional things in the country and the culture they were born into....and call them Filipinos.

They're only Filiipinos by heritage but they're as American as Apple Pie. From their culture, to their language, to their mindset, to their values, they are Americans, not Filipinos.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone who claims to be proud because Manny Paquiao has made it big ought to have his values re-examined. Manny Paquiao is one of the greatest boxer in the history of the sport not because he's Filipino but because of his work ethic and his exceptional boxing skills. His success as a boxer and a world celebrity has got nothing to do with the fact that he was born a Filipino.

To begin with, the man is exceptionally humble. Many Filipinos who strike it rich and then flaunt their wealth for the rest of the world to see more resemble Floyd Mayweather's mindset than that of Paquiao.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm very proud to be a Filipino po. And I'll give you some reasons why:

One of the best things of being a Filipino is larong Pinoy. Lalo na yung mga laro natin sa baraha. Sino ba namang di nakakaalam kung ano ang tongits at pusoy dos? O sino ba namang di pa nakakapaglaro ng lucky 9? Parang di ka naman Pinoy pag di mo pa nata-try.

But with the advent of technology, parang nakakalimutan na ng mga Pilipino yung mga classic games natin. Yung mga bata ngayon may not even know how to play the cards. Although we are not promoting gambling, gusto nating mapagpatuloy yung mga pang-solid pinoy na mga bagay na meron tayo.

Kaya it is a good thing na may nakaisip na ilagay sa mobile as an application yung classic card games natin. This is innovation. Kung yung technology yung swak ngayon, why not bring the classics to it? That way, magkakaroon ng mga bagong bagay pero di mawawala yung mga nakasanayan.

Pwedeng laruin yung classic Pinoy card games using mobile phones sa game na Baraha Tayo. And gambling is not encouraged because no real money needs to be utilized in the game. Merong Ginto na pwede mong gamitin, may in-app chat feature kung saan pwede ka ring makipag-usap sa mga kalaro mong kasalukuyan ring online. It is just like playing baraha in real life! But in a more convenient and fun way.

Sa tingin ko, dapat ipagpatuloy yung paglalaro ng baraha, pero itigil yung pagsusugal. Dapat ipromote pa rin natin yung pinoy card games... kaya share ko lang yung nakita kong app na perfect para sa pinaglalaban ko sa buhay. Hahaha. May nakita po kasi ako... game na gawang pinoy din for pinoy. Classic pinoy card games like tongits, pusoy dos,lucky 9 at pekwa, all in 1 app. I tried the game, tapos okay naman sya. Pwedeng maglaro ng di nagsusugal... Exactly what I need.

It's called Baraha Tayo. Kung gusto nyong ipaglaban kung ano man yung pinaglalaban ko, you can try the game. Hahaha. For mobile phones to. Two thumbs up from me. Proud pinoy here!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...