Are You Proud To Be A Filipino?

Yeah Pero i don't flaunt the fact that I am. I travel a lot. Believe me, there are countries where the common term for househelp is Filipino, we were once at a party somewhere in North America. When one of the white guests found out we were Filipinos, the conversation quickly drifted to the nannies and caretakers their friends and families have. Guess? All Filipinos.

I was once asked why there are so many Filipino domestics abroad and what brought us in their country. I explained that Filipinos who settled "here" in your country are either the educated poor who wanted to earn more, or those who can really afford to migrate and live and have a second home here. I guess you know where I fall under. The stupid bitch shut up in no time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Proud to be Pinoy. I love PH and everyone in it. Sure, we are not without our problems, but there's no use in giving up on what so many generations have fought and died to protect. What pisses me off is seeing these privileged brats who have never had to fight for anything in their lives, whine, bitch, and gripe about how my country is run and how our military operates. They have no right to be so ungrateful for all we have fought for, and still fight for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

yes i am. i still believe that there are those who uphold values, traditions, and embodies what is it to be one. i have to believe that.

i try not to confuse my ethnicity with everything else that's going in this country.

i am proud of my heritage, the values that i have been brought up to.

anyway, which country, ethnicity, and heritage does not have its ups and downs?

i am a filipino and i will do my small share to uphold what it truly means to be one.

• 1 month later...