Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

Atong, Thanks!

I'll do as you suggested.

bo is definitely the right man for the job. 

in the event our main man is busy with his tv appearances or court cases, i would humbly suggest you visit omega website again. there is an option there wherein you can contact them and provide pictures, serial numbers inscribed on the watch (usually on the backcase) and the model number of the bracelet and they would give you the corresponding model number.  ive tried it and omega has been helpful when it comes to information.

hey ATONG ANGhttp://www.realgm.com/boards/images/smiles/wave.gif

you seem to have a good knowledge in watches, care to point me in the right direction in a good watch place in manila? i'll be staying the Marikina area but i will be travelling to other malls like Greenbelt, Rockwell etc...Im looking for normal watches like Guess, Ecko, Diesel & DKNY...

thanks in advance

Edited by luol_deng
hey ATONG ANGhttp://www.realgm.com/boards/images/smiles/wave.gif

you seem to have a good knowledge in watches, care to point me in the right direction in a good watch place in manila? i'll be staying the Marikina area but i will be travelling to other malls like Greenbelt, Rockwell etc...Im looking for normal watches like Guess, Ecko, Diesel & DKNY...

thanks in advance

i would steer clear of malls because of the higher prices plus the normal 5% cut of the mall owners , contributing to a higher price for consumers. instead, just go to small stores in rizal avenue where they have less overhead and can give a better price. most of these watch stores in malls also have stores in cubao, rizal avenue but with a different name. i have some watch store owner friends. just pm me if you need further info. im not sure i could help you find the cheapest price but its sure to be a lot cheaper than in malls.

luol deng,

if i may butt in on your conversation with atong ang, time studio would be a good option for the brands of watches you are looking for. they have it in most of the malls here in metro manila, they are also owned by the guys who own lucern, i know them.

i belive you are referring to ivan and emerson. that's a very good suggestion. the problem with their stores is that they are located in malls which get a 5% commission, hence the higher price. if they know you personally and can give you the watch in their farmers market store (i believe their greenhills store is closed) or outside, the price will be cheaper.

i would recommend you guys to take a look at time studio. get the model number and just order and buy from their cubao branch or other stores in rizal avenue or ongpin.

Edited by ATONG ANG
i belive you are referring to ivan and emerson. that's a very good suggestion.  the problem with their stores is that they are located in malls which get a 5% commission, hence the higher price.  if they know you personally and can give you the watch in their farmers market store (i believe their greenhills store is closed) or outside,  the price will be cheaper.

i would recommend you guys to take a lot at time studio.  get the model number and just order and buy from their cubao branch or other stores in rizal avenue or ongpin.

yup that's them. ;)

pare, wag mo ilang-"lang" ang seiko.  wear it with pride

wear ALL watches with pride, be it a rollie, pan, speedy, seiko, lorus, Q&Q or your friendly greenhills replica. wearing one, of course, is different from passing off a replica as a genuine. i know many billionaires who wear a replica and just keep silent about it. when asked they admit it is a replica but few close ones dare ask. i notice most who wear fakes and claim it as genuine have a common denominator of insecurity. watches, like cars, have somehow become a status symbol, earning quite a following. learn how to appreciate a work of art and engineering, but realize that a watch is just a watch, after all.

this is a question which is most usually asked on rolex forums and probably other watch forums. can the tudor be considered a rolex in terms of quality and is it worth the price? others view it as another tag in the making while others view it as an authorized rolex rip-off. your views, gentlemen?

Edited by ATONG ANG

bonjing:

Pare, almost almost the same with the first link--except that mine has no numerical markers and no date display. Pero malapit na itsura. The 2nd link is almost the same na rin--except mine has the double raised marker only on the 12th mark.

Ganda ng pictures!

Cheers!

this is a question which is most usually asked on rolex forums and probably other watch forums.  can the tudor be considered a rolex in terms of quality and is it worth the price? others view it as another tag in the making while others view it as an authorized rolex rip-off.  your views, gentlemen?

first things first, does rolex still own tudor? i heard from someone that that rolex sold the tudor line.

in reply to your question, i think rolex owners would like to have the exclusive domain of a rolex. they wouldnt want to have anything to do with the so-called "poor cousin". tudor owners, on the other hand, should hold their ground. tudor owners should not settle for the "poor man's rolex" branding. a tudor is a quality watch.

i don't own a rolex nor a tudor so my comments are unbiased.

first things first, does rolex still own tudor?  i heard from someone that that rolex sold the tudor line.

in reply to your question, i think rolex owners would like to have the exclusive domain of a rolex.  they wouldnt want to have anything to do with the so-called "poor cousin".  tudor owners, on the other hand, should hold their ground.  tudor owners should not settle for the "poor man's rolex" branding.  a tudor is a quality watch.

i don't own a rolex nor a tudor so my comments are unbiased.

i own both so im not biased either. :)

i dont know if they sold the tudor line but if they did, rolex centers wouldnt probably be servicing tudors anymore. tudor's main selling point is the affiliation and resemblance to rolex. in a way it is a poor man's rolex, but i stands out with its own identity parallel to that of rolex. tudors are finely crafted watches, sometimes having designs rolex doesnt have. take for example the presidential day-date which is not available in 2 tone for rolex but is for tudor. theres also the chrono (except for the tiger series) which is also a beauty and more practical than the daytona. tudor also has some qualities rolex doesnt like its own bracelet which is unlike the rolex jubilee bracelet, easily stretched. tudor is right in differentiating itself from rolex but i doubt if it can survive without rolex. on its own, it is just an overpriced generic watch with an eta movement with more traditional designs competing with tag, breitling and omega.

wear ALL watches with pride, be it a rollie, pan, speedy, seiko, lorus, Q&Q or your friendly greenhills replica.  wearing one, of course, is different from  passing off a replica as a genuine. i know many billionaires who wear a replica and just keep silent about it.  when asked they admit it is a replica but few close ones dare ask.  i notice most who wear fakes and claim it as genuine have a common denominator of insecurity.  watches, like cars, have somehow become a status symbol, earning quite a following.  learn how to appreciate a work of art and engineering, but realize that a watch is just a watch, after all.

Spot on! I would rather wear an original Timex, than wear a fake Rolex and brag that it's the real thing. Incidentally, I had a Timex, pero gold pocket watch siya, at hand wound circa 1980s. Now if i could only find it...

Spot on!  I would rather wear an original Timex, than wear a fake Rolex and brag that it's the real thing.  Incidentally, I had a Timex, pero gold pocket watch siya, at hand wound circa 1980s.  Now if i could only find it...

the main function of a watch is to tell accurate time. as long as it does its job, there's no contesting its a fine watch.

timex are also good beaters. i heard somewhere before that they were made in bataan. quite popular in usa, it is just recently that they have been aggresive in marketing locally.

the main function of a watch is to tell accurate time.  as long as it does its job, there's no contesting its a fine watch. 

timex are also good beaters.  i heard somewhere before that they were made in bataan.  quite popular in usa, it is just recently that they have been aggresive in marketing locally.

I think they still are. I might buy their heart rate with watch. Alam mo na I need to watch my heart rate when I exericise. Di na kasi teenager. At P3,800 yata, it is a much cheaper alternative to a Polar HR monitor. Plus you're helping our countrymen keep their jobs. Timex was famous (and is still famous) for its Ironman series which has metamorphosed into sports watch variants. I heard there was this CEO/owner of one of the top 10 companies who uses a Timex.