Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

thanks for the info.  just received a bucherer watch as a birthday present. nice....

is it bucherer or carl f. bucherer? is it an auto or quartz? from what i know, the carl f. bucherer brand intended for the high end market.

maybe you could post some pics for us unfortunate but greedy ones who dont have the opportunity of owning it :)

Edited by ATONG ANG
is it bucherer or carl f. bucherer? is it an auto or quartz?  from what i know, the carl f. bucherer brand  intended for the high end market.

maybe you could post some pics for us unfortunate but greedy ones who dont have the opportunity of owning it :)

mine is just a "low end" bucherer with automatic movement. the high end carl f. bucherer is a bit out of my league. nevertheless it is still swiss made and was bought at the bucherer store itself in lucerne.

will try to post a pic but honestly am a little intimidated by the other watches that have been posted.

mine is just a "low end" bucherer with automatic movement.  the high end carl f. bucherer is a bit out of my league.  nevertheless it is still swiss made and was bought at the bucherer store itself in lucerne.

will try to post a pic but honestly am a little intimidated by the other watches that have been posted.

its cool as long as it is automatic and swiss made. no need to be intimidated. we are all watch lovers here. i myself posted a casio digitial watch made in korea, if that should make things more comfy for you

checked out the replicas in greenhills.  boy, are they getting better.  they are now even able to replicate the rolex etching on the lower crystal.  also updated, they have the newer turnograph and 2nd generation datejust models with rolex written around the dial.  though still rough, i believe a year or so of refinement will definitely produce a close resembling replica

i was able to visit a complex full of vendors selling replicas in mainland china last month. i think, thats where the ones in greenhills came from. how much are they selling it in ghills nowadays?

my friend gets his stock from the said complex and his clientele are prominent politicians. one of them is the incumbent city mayor in metro manila. i think his profit is around 500%.

i was able to visit a complex full of vendors selling replicas in mainland china last month.  i think, thats where the ones in greenhills came from.  how much are they selling it in ghills nowadays?

my friend gets his stock from the said complex and his clientele are prominent politicians. one of them is the incumbent city mayor in metro manila.  i think his profit is around 500%.

last time i heard, they were selling for around 1k for class A regular plastic crystal and around 2k for class triple A sapphire crystals. tried to examine the datejust they had and the copy was very well done. only with seasoned eyes can you tell the difference in the luminance of the steel and gold from afar.

the best copies ive seen are from taiwan which costs around 10k, but they are not easily accessible to local buyers because of the price and the limited source.

Boss Atong, fancy meeting you here!!! Not only are you a good food critic you are also a watch lover...

I own a few watches:

1. Heuer Camaro - Chronograph... (this is was my dad's watch. he bought it in the 60s before TAG bought into Heuer);

2. Cartier Panthere - s.s. quartz.

3. IWC Spitfire Chronograph

I "DREAM" of owning a IWC Portuguese perpetual calendar, in rose gold... Dream na lang talaga....

Boss Atong, fancy meeting you here!!!  Not only are you a good food critic you are also a watch lover...

I own a few watches:

1.  Heuer Camaro - Chronograph... (this is was my dad's watch.  he bought it in the 60s before TAG bought into Heuer);

2.  Cartier Panthere - s.s. quartz.

3.  IWC Spitfire Chronograph

I "DREAM" of owning a IWC Portuguese perpetual calendar, in rose gold... Dream na lang talaga....

hi Masi...hmm nice watch you have there. :) you have few but EXPENSIVE watches i can say. :cool:

for me..i am dying to have technomarine, phillip charriol, bulgari .. but most of all .. i am dying to have a custom made PATEK PHILLIPE watches! haaayy... like masi..these are the watches I dream of owning 1 someday...but far from reality. not that rich to buy one... :(

so simple ... so elegant...soooo EXPENSIVE!!!! :wacko: i attached some of the fav PATEK watches i would love to have ...

post-17703-1118839851.jpg

post-17703-1118839994.jpg

post-17703-1118840243.jpg

Boss Atong, fancy meeting you here!!!  Not only are you a good food critic you are also a watch lover...

I own a few watches:

1.  Heuer Camaro - Chronograph... (this is was my dad's watch.  he bought it in the 60s before TAG bought into Heuer);

2.  Cartier Panthere - s.s. quartz.

3.  IWC Spitfire Chronograph

just a food and watch lover.

keep your heuer, its much better than any 'tag' watch ever produced. normally i would prefer an automatic cartier. as for the spitfire, i envy you. almost bought one at hk a couple of years ago but the stingy side got to me. i like it better than the standard flieger because of its sword hands. i just dont know how to read all the details with such small writings and that many indicators. let me know when you get your dream and plan to part with it.

here's some for appetizers:

http://www.iwc.ch/collection/_img/2_0_portuguese/5021_003_l.jpg

Edited by ATONG ANG
just a food and watch lover.

keep your heuer, its much better than any 'tag' watch ever produced. normally i would prefer an automatic cartier.  as for the spitfire,  i envy you.  almost bought one at hk a couple of years ago but the stingy side got to me.  i like it better than the standard flieger because of its sword hands.  i just dont know how to read all the details with such small writings and that many indicators.  let me know when you get your dream and plan to part with it.

here's some for appetizers:

http://www.iwc.ch/collection/_img/2_0_portuguese/5021_003_l.jpg

Atong, you just made my day with the pic... what really catches my fancy about this watch is the 7 day power reserve and a 500 year guarantee on the calendar.. meaning. the moonphase, leap years skips are so perfect.

as for the spitfire... the sword hands was the selling point and its functionality. at the time i got it last year, i was going for functionality and thought that a second chronograph was superfluous... now i'm thinking, i should have gotten the double chrono...

anyway, i'm pretty happy with what i have.

Atong, you just made my day with the pic... what really catches my fancy about this watch is the 7 day power reserve and a 500 year guarantee on the calendar.. meaning.  the moonphase, leap years skips are so perfect.

which means you should be wearing it at least once a week. :lol: 500 year guarantee? will the world still be around during that time? i'd like to keep a watch for the next generation, but for more thatn a generation???

one of the problems with complications and tourbillions is that once you past the dersired time and date, it will be a fuss to adjust back. that's one of the reasons i sold my perpetual moonphase watch.

which means you should be wearing it at least once a week. :lol:  500 year guarantee?  will the world still be around during that time?  i'd like to keep a watch for the next generation, but for more thatn a generation???

one of the problems with complications and tourbillions is that once you past the dersired time and date, it will be a fuss to adjust back.  that's one of the reasons i sold my perpetual moonphase watch.

i had the same comment from my wife when we went to a watch shop at a mandaluyong mall and looked at my dream watch... she said by the time i can afford to own a perpetual calendar watch, i would not have enough years to enjoy the calendar...

i had the same issues bugging in my head .. what if the watch stops and have to adjust it manually, can you imagine how long it would take.... the other logic would be to buy a watch winder.... i guess you would have to buy 1 of those by that time.

as for power reserve.. my iwc has a 44 hour power reserve. even if i wear it everyday. there are just time that there wasnt enough movement on your wrist to wind it. so you have to wind the power reserve every now and then... being a mechanical watch.. it does need some maintenance...

for no or less maintenance get a quartz.

i had the same comment from my wife when we went to a watch shop at a mandaluyong mall and looked at my dream watch... she said by the time i can afford to own a perpetual calendar watch, i would not have enough years to enjoy the calendar...

i had the same issues bugging in my head .. what if the watch stops and have to adjust it manually, can you imagine how long it would take....  the other logic would be to buy a watch winder....  i guess you would have to buy 1 of those by that time.

as for power reserve.. my iwc has a 44 hour power reserve. even if i wear it everyday. there are just time that there wasnt enough movement on your wrist to wind it.  so you have to wind the power reserve every now and then... being a mechanical watch.. it does need some maintenance...

for no or less maintenance get a quartz.

the quartz just doesnt have 'it'- the x factor. notwithstanding the resale price, an automatic watch feels more alive than the quartz which comes on as a machine.

strange, my speedmaster doesnt seem to stop when i alternate it another watch daily and i dont see the need to wind it. had it serviced last june at omega hk. im contemplating on selling it because tmy datejust doesnt seem to be getting any wrist time. im just hesistating because it is already out of production and it is such a beauty. omega stopped two tone speedmasters 10 years ago.

i read somewhere that for perpetual calendar moonphase watches like iwc or patek, you need to bring it to a watchmaker to have it adjusted if you pass the actual time and date. others use watch winders but more to avoid the lubrication inside the movement getting stucked up.

what your wife said makes sense. that's why they came up with that marketing slogan for patek, but im not sure the next generation would appreciate the watches the same way we do now.

by the way, are you in your 30's or 40's? dont worry, i wont tell

:lol: :lol: :lol: