Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

what preferences do you have (steel/rubber bracelet, quartz/automatic, formal/casual/sport wear, etc.) or what activities do you use it for?

no preferences really. just something that can be worn for daily use. an all-arounder if you will. my only requirement being that it should be somewhere in the 2 thousand to thousand plus peso range and that it should be mid sized. thanks a lot!

BTW, just dug up a charles jourdan that also belonged to my late dad.

any recommends where can I service a longines watch??? Kailangan kasi palitan yun face.. nabasa at nagkaroon ng mancha sa face...

longines belongs to the swatch group which carries omega, swatch, tissot, rado, mido, breguet and blancpain.

here the service center:

Longines Service Center, Ground floor

Glorietta 1. Ayala Center

1200 Makati City

Phone : 00632 810 70 52

Fax : 00632 810 70 57

if you plan to call, call at an earlier time when the store opens. be wary though, that the local service center is lousy, as i personally recall it. they didnt even blink an eye and bother to check whether a certain part was available. i had to direct my complaint to the regional headquarters in hongkong to get a reply and an apology from local service center. i later had my watch serviced in hongkong and you could compare the service between the 2. if i remember correctly, omega is now handled by zuellig.

on the dial (face), i think the service center would have to order them abroad as they dont carry slow-moving items and the dial is one which is least damaged. usual inventories are hands, crowns, crystals and bracelets.

I already went there.  They told me that they are not the authorized service center for longines.  Watch world na (same with Tag)...  Sa Cubao.. layo....  Anyway I would like to ask if somebody can service it with the original parts... ..

get a watchmaker that you trust but i doubt he could get original parts, or much moe, the exact dial that you want. maybe he could redial it. .

as for watch works in cubao, they service tag and oris but they dont even have spare links for oris. their parts inventory is mostly concentrated for tags as it is the most popular watch here.

• 2 weeks later...
tag heuer F1 sana... im still thinking bout it though

kelangan pag ipunan

personally, i'd go for other swiss watches with that amount (20+k) for an f1. in terms of value, craftmanship and durability, automatics are better. tags are considered for novices by watch afficionados. i started with that, too. :) for the same amount, you can get a pre-owned omega or an oris, which are much better choices. as to resale value, look up pre-owned oris and omega prices in ebay and compare them to prices of the 1st generation f1s.

if youre really serious about the looks of the f1,or your heart beat to it, that's a different story altogether.

checked out the replicas in greenhills. boy, are they getting better. they are now even able to replicate the rolex etching on the lower crystal. also updated, they have the newer turnograph and 2nd generation datejust models with rolex written around the dial. though still rough, i believe a year or so of refinement will definitely produce a close resembling replica

• 2 weeks later...

The watches i've owned and used over the years were

Seiko 5 Automatic, Citizen Automatic, Casio Janus Quartz Analog-Digital display, Timex, a Fido Dido digital hand display watch, Quartz Alba, a freebie Panasonic digital chronograph watch, Lineage Titanium Quartz

Im not really into watches... i just use one to tell time and not as a showpiece or something