• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

thinking of the 119 us dollar price approx. 6.5k pesos and of the panerai fakes in greenhills costing less than 2k pesos, we can only wonder how much profit these homage watch make.  with no lawsuits on their backs, they can even lower their costs than the fakes, presuming they have the quantity to boot for production.

less than 2k?! what movements do these fakes have? i get your point about the 119 usd price tag of the imitations but i guess that is the trade off if you wouldn't be caught dead wearing a fake. what if the homage has an ETA movement, would that justify the price?

I like the silver seastar. love those red accents. for 26k, pwede na! :thumbsupsmiley:

that is one hairy wrist shot! :blink:

Edited by dennis612
less than 2k?!  what movements do these fakes have?  i get your point about the 119 usd price tag of the imitations but i guess that is the trade off if you wouldn't be caught dead wearing a fake. what if the homage has an ETA movement, would that justify the price?

I like the silver seastar. love those red accents.  for 26k, pwede na!  :thumbsupsmiley:

that is one hairy wrist shot!   :blink:

most probably china movements. even saw one vendor opening up the caseback to reveal a rotor with 'enicar' logo and brand name inscription :thumbsdownsmiley:

ETA??? hmmm... still a bit more expensive. if it comes with a nice design and sapphires, then it's a steal.

its 26.5k, to be exact. time trend

re: hairy wrists. glad it's not mine. good thing he doesnt have the infamous speedmaster 'hair-puller' bracelet

Edited by ATONG ANG
most probably china movements.  even saw one vendor opening up the caseback to reveal a rotor with 'enicar' logo and brand name inscription  :thumbsdownsmiley:

ETA??? hmmm... still a bit more expensive. if it comes with a nice design and sapphires, then it's a steal. 

its 26.5k, to be exact.  time trend

re: hairy wrists.  glad it's not mine.  good thing he doesnt have the infamous speedmaster 'hair-puller' bracelet

i guess i just have to find a cheaper homage then. as a matter of principle i just wont wear a fake, even a good one for a good price.

i checked the website where you got the seastar pics, and they have a lower price 399 USD. too bad they don't ship to the Philippines.

re: hair puller bracelets.....OUCH!!!!

meron ung utol ko nung tiger series na may mark pa ni tiger. nakita ko lang kse sa isang local mag na available na daw ung chronograph and nagandahan ako sa kanya. i'm thinking on investing na din sa isang magandang watch. any suggestions... ok sana ung nakapost na tissot kaso leather strap sana ang type ko.

Edited by tim21
all watches are significant! that's what this thread is for, right? personally, i like the seastar though.

yes the timepiece in question is priced at 119 US dollars. it is not a real panerai but just a "homage" or to put it more bluntly an imitation, same style different brand as opposed to fakes which copies the style and the branding.

you can post pics from your desktop. when you make a reply you will find at the bottom of the screen a part where it says attachments. click on the browse button and look for the filename of your pic. click add this attachment and then you're good to go!

so ganito pala yon....

well then...

my t touch looks like this...

post-50007-1139788469.jpg

thanks dennis

Edited by diakhamer
meron ung utol ko nung tiger series na may mark pa ni tiger. nakita ko lang kse sa isang local mag na available na daw ung chronograph and nagandahan ako sa kanya. i'm thinking on investing na din sa isang magandang watch. any suggestions... ok sana ung nakapost na tissot kaso leather strap sana ang type ko.

pare, it's so easy to replace bracelets with leather, rubber or even nylon straps. all the better to mix and match the look of the watch. but if you're really hell bent on getting a certain watch, my advice is to go get it, man. don't let others influence you, the important thing is how you feel about your watch since you are the one who's going to be wearing it after all. a good watch is always a good investment. post ka ng pics ha.

nice watch.  is it a sapphire or acrylic?  where did you get this, ebay or local store?

thanks! the crystal is acrylic. i just so love this watch. classic submariner looks. water resistant 100M. screw-down crown. great lume too. best part is the affordable price. timetrend megamall.

man, the more i see, the more i am loving this brand. i saw some interesting divers from orient too. very tempting.

next up is the junglemaster :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by dennis612