Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

it really depends on the girl and how much you are willing to shell out for her.  if she knows her stuff, then go for swiss automatics like tissot, oris, omega, rado, etc..  for teenyboppers, youre better off with fashionable stuff like casio, addidas, anne klein. 

hope this helps.

and if your really dead set on marrying her....buy her a rolex, kahit stainless steel ok na for starters! :boo: :lol: :P

i presume you are referring to the crystal?  it is scratch resistant but not scratchproof

Is the crystal the same as the dial? What's the difference between scratch-proof and scratch-resistant? Hindi mo ako matatawag na maingat sa gamit and I bumped/dropped/banged it so many times with nary a guhit of damage at all sa dial.

Thanks for your comments, Atong. :)

Is the crystal the same as the dial? What's the difference between scratch-proof and scratch-resistant? Hindi mo ako matatawag na maingat sa gamit and I bumped/dropped/banged it so many times with nary a guhit of damage at all sa dial.

Thanks for your comments, Atong.  :)

crystal is the transparent glass/plastic itself. nowadays, they usually use acrylic or sapphire. with acrylic you can polish it to remove the scratches. with the more scratch-resistant sapphire, you have to replace the whole thing, but this would come after years of banging.

dial is the circular board underneath the hands on which the the numerals and brand name/logo are shown.

other alternatives are secondo in glorietta and manila watch gallery above shangrila makati if you want box and papers.  if box and papers are not that important, check your local ebay listings under watches or bidshot.  beware of bogus watch sellers who are stickup men in disguise.  trade with rep*table ebay dealers who have high number of feedbacks.

has anybody checked the depth rating of these 'commie' watches?

tried inquiring about several timepieces here but only about 5% of their collection has box and papers the others has papers only or none at all. . the one in sharila is galerie des temps. its and affiliate of time gallery in greenhills. manila watch exchange in glorieta 3 has only a few in their display. would u know people consigning their watches at these places? maybe we could cut out these middlemen and transact directly with the owners for a cheaper price.

any comment/opinion on SUUNTO watches especially the X-Lander model? :)

i have one, just don't know the model it's called, but i know it's one of the cheapest in their line. what i have i think is for sailing, got it for around 13k that time, i know it was on sail in eastwood. i think suunto watches are great, specially for casual wear and if your into adventorous sports like, mountain climbing, mountain biking, etc....but honestly their line of high end watches are quite expensive, the ones that have heart rates monitors, gps, etc.... i think go for as high as around 80k or more, not sure of the price now a days tho.

tried inquiring about several timepieces here but only about 5% of their collection has box and papers the others has papers only or none at all. .  the one in sharila is galerie des temps.  its and affiliate of time gallery in greenhills. manila watch exchange in glorieta 3 has only a few in their display.  would u know people consigning their watches at these places? maybe we could cut out these middlemen and transact directly with the owners for a cheaper price.

that's the first thing i had in mind when i first saw these shops. most of the time they dont include the box when selling and sell the box at a more premium price abroad. the difficulty here lies in the fact these some sellers here dont want to go through the hassle and danger of transacting outside. others dont want so for the reason of embarassment of having to sell a valuable timepiece because of financial reasons. many regular buyers in secondo like benjie paras and vic pablo, who are very down to earth. if you want to cut out the middllemen or maybe just minimize the in-between cost, you could try to transact with more dependable ebay sellers locally who dont have the large operating costs of these shops.

I have RADO DIASTAR ANATOM, ARMANI, SEIKO CHRONOGRAPH pero dream watch ko IWC DA VINCI.

I have to correct you on the image. This is not a IWC Da Vinci but the Gran Complication. It sells for U.S.$300k for platinum maybe cheaper if 18k gold/rose gold.

A stainless steel Da Vinci, perpetual calendar sell in the Phils for less than P1.0million.

this is IWC Da Vinci Rattrapante in platinum casing, mas maganda at mas mahal kaysa gold. sa pagkaka alam ko platinum at gold casing lang ang Da Vinci, correct me if im wrong dude.

you are correct, the rattrapante (dual chronograph) is only available in platinum; sell for about US$17000. the perpetual calendar/chronograph (single) is available in stainless steel.

check out the iwc website at www.iwc.ch

Edited by masi
you are correct, the rattrapante (dual chronograph) is only available in platinum; sell for about US$17000.  the perpetual calendar/chronograph (single) is available in stainless steel.

check out the iwc website at www.iwc.ch

US$31,000 ang platinum casing mas cheaper ang gold casing. 1.5 M na ang value sa atin. sa experience ko mas cheaper dito sa pinas bilhin ang watches. two years ago a friend of mine bought a rolex watch worth 280,000 pesos pero pag sa US ka bumili it would cost you $7000. i bought my rado diastar anatom for $1400 (70000 pesos) 6 years ago. when i went to manila to have it fixed sa rado center nagulat ako 50k pesos lang ang price. ganon din kaya sa IWC dude?

US$31,000 ang platinum casing mas cheaper ang gold casing. 1.5 M na ang value sa atin. sa experience ko mas cheaper dito sa pinas bilhin ang watches. two years ago a friend of mine bought a rolex watch worth 280,000 pesos pero pag sa US ka bumili it would cost you $7000. i bought my rado diastar anatom for $1400 (70000 pesos) 6 years ago. when i went to manila to have it fixed sa rado center nagulat ako 50k pesos lang ang price. ganon din kaya sa IWC dude?

rolex watches from authorized dealers are generally sold for the same price worldwide. the prices are controlled by rolex. the only variables are if you buy one from a place where it's duty free, then the retail price would be a little lower, the currency conversion rate, and sales tax. purchases in places like the US carry a sales tax, and the sales tax varies from state to state.

if rolex finds out that a dealer is undercutting others and is selling for less than what rolex authorizes, rolex has been known to take back their merchandise from that dealer; and the dealer loses their authorization to sell rolex products.

generally, quality watches in the Philippines are sold much cheaper than in the U.S. but not significantly. i've been checking the prices of IWC in U.S. based watch store websites and prices are almost identical to those sold here. based on experience, buying it in cash would allow you to negotiate a bigger discount than buying it in credit. i have no idea if cities like singapore and hongkong sell them cheaper.

if you plan to buy a watch here, get it from rep*table stores like washington for rolex, tudor and cartier and lucerne for AP, IWC, Patek, Jaeger, Rolex, Zenith, etc.

rolex watches from authorized dealers are generally sold for the same price worldwide. the prices are controlled by rolex. the only variables are if you buy one from a place where it's duty free, then the retail price would be a little lower, the currency conversion rate, and sales tax. purchases in places like the US carry a sales tax, and the sales tax varies from state to state.

if rolex finds out that a dealer is undercutting others and is selling for less than what rolex authorizes, rolex has been known to take back their merchandise from that dealer; and the dealer loses their authorization to sell rolex products.

many dealers in hongkong and worldwide give a bigger discount to people referred to by close friends or relatives.

other alternatives are secondo in glorietta and manila watch gallery above shangrila makati if you want box and papers.  if box and papers are not that important, check your local ebay listings under watches or bidshot.  beware of bogus watch sellers who are stickup men in disguise.  trade with rep*table ebay dealers who have high number of feedbacks.

has anybody checked the depth rating of these 'commie' watches?

according to the comrades from the vostok website, they are rated at 200 meters