Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

notnot,

bulgari chrono....if am not mistaken my dad has one too....nice watch tho for a chrono i find the circumference of the face quite small. was about to wear it actually, kaso lang my wrist is small, pag binawasan ko yung link di maganda yung porma sa wrist ko....don't know why.

right now, favorite watch am using, rolex solid gold yacht master men's size....para masulit yung binayad ko sa service....langya it was quite expensive. hopefully it will take another few years before i have it serviced. :wacko: :blink: :huh:

I only have 2 watches that I regularly wear:

a 13 year old Tag Heuer F1 in steel (Black and green face) got it for only P 2,400 in HKG.

a Kenneth Cole dresswatch (my ex gave me this)

I also have an old plastic Tag Heuer F1 (Yellow face and gray strap) which my mom got me in 1987 (for only P 1,200) - now my brother is using this one.

some old 80's swatches and benettons, a Marcos tolentino watch in a box.

My dad also has some nice watches in his collection - a few Rolexes and Omegas, am eyeing a yachtmaster or his banged up submariner, problem is - those watches look awkward on me - they look better on bigger people.

Am seriously considering getting a watch for Christmas, am considering getting a second hand Rolex or Omega. I am also looking at Tag Heuer again or an Oris - any insights on those Oris watches?

oris watches are good. i personally would have wanted to get the wiliams ralf schumacher but he left just about the time the model came out.

dont worry about having a big watch on your wrist, you would get used to it. it is a matter of personal expression.

notnot,

bulgari chrono....if am not mistaken my dad has one too....nice watch tho for a chrono i find the circumference of the face quite small. was about to wear it actually, kaso lang my wrist is small, pag binawasan ko yung link di maganda yung porma sa wrist ko....don't know why.

right now, favorite watch am using, rolex solid gold yacht master men's size....para masulit yung binayad ko sa service....langya it was quite expensive. hopefully it will take another few years before i have it serviced.  :wacko:  :blink:  :huh:

mild seven,

actually, the 1st time i saw that BVLGARI CHRONO was in the movie of val kilmer "the saint", i got curious and liked to own one ever since. im saving for it now, mas mura on ebay, its $3,000 but i saw another chrono version sa seoul, sk which cost around $5,000, dont know if it was the same model. for the meantime im enjoying my tag heuer pro f1.

no need to upgrade that watch. it is already very beautiful.  you forgot to include the dial color and type of bezel.

What I meant was - wala pang budget na mag-upgrade ng mas mahal na rolex. :) It has a white dial with raised black Roman numerals, fluted bezel and presidential bracelet. Once nasa HK ako pinalinis ko, sabi ng nag-aayos rare daw ang face na yun. Kaya di ko masyadong ginagamit.

What I meant was - wala pang budget na mag-upgrade ng mas mahal na rolex.  :)  It has a white dial with raised black Roman numerals, fluted bezel and presidential bracelet.  Once nasa HK ako pinalinis ko, sabi ng nag-aayos rare daw ang face na yun.    Kaya di ko masyadong ginagamit.

a white dial with raised black roman numerals is indeed quite rare. im not too familiar with vintage rolexes. was it bought brand new or preowned from a collector?

My dad also has some nice watches in his collection - a few Rolexes and Omegas, am eyeing a yachtmaster or his banged up submariner, problem is - those watches look awkward on me - they look better on bigger people.

Am seriously considering getting a watch for Christmas, am considering getting a second hand Rolex or Omega.  I am also looking at Tag Heuer again or an Oris - any insights on those Oris watches?

oris makes only mechanical watches. fine craftsmanship. very simple but elegant/sporty styles. tag is very commercialized after being purchased by lvmh group. i can imagine the yuppie wannabe with a tag, a lacoste shirt and colehaan shoes.

rolex and omega are both fine watches. depends on what you prefer. omegas have more finely crafted cases and bracelet but rolex is more sturdier. as for service, both are just fine having ample spare parts. i had my omega speedmaster chrono serviced for 12.5k and rolex datejust for around 8k. was told tudor chronos, which have the same valjoux movments, are serviced at around 7k. another point against rolex is that the fakes are more accurate in copying rolex. omegas imitations are lousy copies.

g-shock tough solar for everyday activities ,sa office,when i swim and go strolling around on my scooter

i wear guess watch with black leather strap pag casual lang,pag naisipan ko lang siya gamitin kasi retired na yun e, it's still working and i got it nung 1995 pa

i also have citizen na automatic which was given to me when i graduated from elementary..imagine that..its still running at ginagamit ko pa siya when i sleep kasi i have to use it coz its stops when i dont use it..i hate adjusting the time e.

i'm wearing an XDCAM watch from Sony.

in case you guys wonder what the heck an XDCAM is, well it's a sub-brand so to speak, a broadcast tape format actually.

in short, i'm doning a "premium item". the one you give away in product launches & stuff.

yup, i'm el cheapo...

but i'm still dreaming of that patek phillipe 5051 silver & gold...

i wish i'll get the right combination to the 6/49 soon...

ha ha ha

i'm wearing an XDCAM watch from Sony.

in case you guys wonder what the heck an XDCAM is, well it's a sub-brand so to speak, a broadcast tape format actually.

in short, i'm doning a "premium item". the one you give away in product launches & stuff.

yup, i'm el cheapo...

but i'm still dreaming of that patek phillipe 5051 silver & gold...

i wish i'll get the right combination to the 6/49 soon...

ha ha ha

if it is a marketing watch, it is most likely to have a hongkong quartz movement.

:) HI Bonito!

Hope you can help with a short inquiry:

I have an old Omega that I got from my grandfather. It's a slim Seamaster, silver frosted face with raised markers and Omega logo. It has the Sea Monster logo at the back and sports a chrome plated bracelet.

It's in very good condition. I'm not really interested in how much this costs --as it is priceless --considering I got it from my grandpa but I really would like to know more about it. The Omega site does not have a picture of it nor information.

Would you have any info on this? Maganda yung watch!

I know it's hard to guess when there' s no picture..I'll try later on to post one.

Thanks so much! :)

Edited by 16track

I have an old Omega that I got from my grandfather. It's a slim Seamaster, silver frosted face with raised markers and Omega logo. It has the Sea Monster logo at the back and sports a chrome plated  bracelet.

It's in very good condition. I'm not really interested in how much this costs --as it is priceless --considering I got it from my grandpa but I really would like to know more about it. The Omega site does not have a picture of it nor information.

I know it's hard to guess when there' s no picture..I'll try later on to post one.

Thanks so much!  :)

bo is definitely the right man for the job.

in the event our main man is busy with his tv appearances or court cases, i would humbly suggest you visit omega website again. there is an option there wherein you can contact them and provide pictures, serial numbers inscribed on the watch (usually on the backcase) and the model number of the bracelet and they would give you the corresponding model number. ive tried it and omega has been helpful when it comes to information.

I have an old Omega that I got from my grandfather. It's a slim Seamaster, silver frosted face with raised markers and Omega logo. It has the Sea Monster logo at the back and sports a chrome plated  bracelet.

Thanks so much!  :)

maybe you can post a pic for us less fortunate ones to ogle at and appreciate.