Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

IWC Der Fleigherchronograph Spitfire is on my wrist most of the time.Ā 

Cartier Panthere is in the box.

iwc spitfire is very versatile. for watch lovers, one look and its very easily recognized. for the common man, its just like any ordinary watch. with function, the luminova stands out rom the black background while the day-date function is a basic essential. the chrono, well... you get to use it once in a while :)

Ā 

for me, speeedmaster on the wrists most of the time.

datejust is (mostly) in the box.

Tips to help you distinguish an original from an imitation:

Find the manufacturer's serial number; contact the manufacturer and have them validate the number.

Ā 

Most high priced watches are backed up by a manufacturer's warranty. Demand a proof of authenticity.

Ā 

Check the logo and make sure it matches the brand. Imitation watches have spelling and font size errors. Better counterfeits are made in Japan, Thailand and North Africa.

Ā 

Pay close attention to hand movements. The second hand of a genuine brand name will normally

"sweep".

Ā 

Beware of gold plating, check the bracelet screws and spring bars.

Ā 

Observe the weight of the watch. Fine watches use high grade 440 stainless steel which is heavier, scratch resistance and significantly stiffer. Imitations use low grade stainless which is lighter in weight.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Then next time you consider buying a fake, think, you are supporting an illegal trade. If you are caught wearing one, no one will ever believe you that you are wearing the genuine article, when the time comes.

Tips to help you distinguish an original from an imitation:

Find the manufacturer's serial number; contact the manufacturer and have them validate the number.Ā  THIS IS MOSTLY ENGRAVED AT THE BACKCASE NEAR AT THE LUGS IN THE CASE OF ROLEX WATCHES

Ā 

Most high priced watches are backed up by a manufacturer's warranty. Demand a proof of authenticity.Ā  TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTION SPECIALLY IN EBAY WHERE FAKE PAPERS ABOUND.Ā  BETTER YET, STUDY AN ORIGINAL PAPER AND YOU WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE

Ā 

Check the logo and make sure it matches the brand. Imitation watches have spelling and font size errors.Ā  Better counterfeits are made in Japan, Thailand and North Africa.Ā  THERE ARE ALSO GOOD IMITATIONS FROM TAIWAN.Ā  BE FAMILIAR ALSO WITH THE MODELS A BRAND PRODUCED.Ā  THERE ARE A LOT OF FAKES WHICH ARE MASTERFULLY CRAFTED BUT HAVE NO ORIGINAL COUNTERPARTS.

Ā 

Pay close attention to hand movements.Ā  The second hand of a genuine brand name will normally

"sweep".Ā  THERE ARE MANY FAKE MOVEMENTS NOW WHICH SWEEP.Ā  CHECK FOR JERKING OF THE SECONDS HAND WHEN YOU ADJUST THE MINUTE HAND TO IMMEDIATELY SPOT A FAKE.Ā  ALSO, IN ROLEX MOVEMENTS, THE CROWN IS WOUND IN REVERSE AS COMPARED TO ETAĀ  OR MORE COMMON MOVEMENTS.

Ā 

Beware of gold plating, check the bracelet screws and spring bars.

IVE BEEN TOLD THAT SOME PEOPLE USE MURIATIC ACID TO DAB WATCH BRACELETS TO DETERMINE PLATING FROM REAL GOLD ALLOY. I WONDER IF ANYONE WELL VERSED IN CHEMISTRY HERE COULD EXPLAIN THAT.

Ā 

Observe the weight of the watch.Ā  Fine watches use high grade 440 stainless steel which is heavier, scratch resistance and significantly stiffer.Ā  Imitations use low grade stainless which is lighter in weight.Ā  YES,Ā  ORIGINAL WATCHES HAVE A BETTER FEEL.

Ā 

Then next time you consider buying a fake, think, you are supporting an illegal trade.Ā  If you are caught wearing one, no one will ever believe you that you are wearing the genuine article, when the time comes.Ā  MANY HAVE EXPRESSED THEIR APPROVAL OF IMITATION WATCHES AS LONG AS IT IS NOT DONE IN DECEPTION.Ā  THOSE WHO KNOW LOOK DOWN MORE ON PEOPLE TO TRY TO PASS OFF A FAKE AS AUTHENTIC.Ā  ON THE OTHER HAND, SOME BUY ONE TO COMPARE IT WITH THE ORIGINAL.Ā  OTHERS FOR FUN.Ā  CONSIDER THIS, I SAW A CHINA AUTOMATIC SUB SELLING FOR 1,000.Ā  I WOULDVE PREFERRED IT WITHOUT ANY BRAND SINCE THE WORKSMANSHIP OF THE CASE AND BRACELET WAS VERY FINE, BUT THIER DURABILITY STILL HAS TO BE TESTED.Ā  TRY GOING TO RIZAL AVENUE AND I DOUBT YOU COULD FIND AN AUTOMATIC WATCH WITH THAT KIND OF CRAFTSMANSHIPĀ  AT THAT PRICE.Ā  Ā  Ā 

with all due respect, masi, may i add some tidbits of info on your posts.

Ā 

cheers :thumbsupsmiley:

i only have a Guess chronograph... my dream time piece is this...

Ā 

http://www.worldtempus.com/images2/art_tag_05_0112_brad_01.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

tsaka eto...

Ā 

http://www.lacotedesmontres.com/IMG/4925.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

anyone care to give me a price on these in peso? i know tags are more cheaper in phils my dad bought 3 last year each one costing an avg $500-700 while over here they were like 1Gs+....i really like the top one or the bottom one either way im happy :thumbsupsmiley:

anyone care to give me a price on these in peso? i know tags are more cheaper in phils my dad bought 3 last year each one costing an avg $500-700 while over here they were like 1Gs+....i really like the top one or the bottom one either way im happyĀ  :thumbsupsmiley:

Ā 

the cheapest Link costs around 45Gs... the most expensive is around 125Gs...

Ā 

there is a Link model i like... it costs around 85Gs...

Ā 

for the aquaracer... no idea... if you want a number to call for pricing... just gimme a pm...

the cheapest Link costs around 45Gs... the most expensive is around 125Gs...

Ā 

there is a Link model i like... it costs around 85Gs...

Ā 

for the aquaracer... no idea... if you want a number to call for pricing... just gimme a pm...

Ā 

45gs in peso thats alright i guess because here that would be only 1g but the watch is probably retailed here at about 1g more...i dunno about getting the 125gs model haha i'd rather get another tricked out plasma for that, i already spent 4gs on my Seiko Sportura a few years ago and i hardly wear it coz its that expensive fear of damaging it...

Ā 

thanks for the information :thumbsupsmiley:

Stainess steel rolex oyster perpetual datejust with roman numeral face.Ā  Just that.Ā  Wala pang budget para mag-upgrade.Ā  Been with me since the mid 80s.Ā  Still working.Ā  Ipapamana ko nalang sa anal ko ito afte her finishes college (matagal pa yun).

no need to upgrade that watch. it is already very beautiful. you forgot to include the dial color and type of bezel.

if i could buy one, id like to have a rolex. simple and durable. i have a tag already but i dont use it often.

the oyster case is one of the most durable and copied designs for a case. it is also very simple; however, that doesnt mean it's built like a tank to be abused. ive seen numerous times gold centers of end links of 2 tone submariners come off from high impact. ask rolex center customer service ladies and they would confirm it.