• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

Thanks!  I am looking for the yachtmaster,explorer and airking types.  I found this website that sells the made in Singapore Sandoz with sapphire crystals with a link to the made in Hongkong models:

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WATCHSALES/San...eSalesTable.htm

The price for the yachtmaster is $225 plus $25 shipping.

For me it  doesn't really matter where it's made.  The main difference seems to be in the crystals since the movements are very similar.

yes, i am quite familiar with the poor man's watch forum. the prices there are quite expensive compared to hongkong. for local sources, most carry the datejust lookalikes because they are the most saleable item here. i wouldnt bet on the two-tone models as i would presume they are gold plated.

yes, i am quite familiar with the poor man's watch forum.  the prices there are quite expensive compared to hongkong. for local sources, most carry the datejust lookalikes because they are the most saleable item here. i wouldnt bet on the two-tone models as i would presume they are gold plated.

Atong,

Do you know the differences between RXW and Sandoz? Thanks for your responses :D

Atong,

Do you know the differences between RXW and Sandoz?  Thanks for your responses  :D

im not too familiar with rxw watches. all i know is that they are japanese made based on the vintage rolex designs with mostly eta movement.

as to sandoz, the address is SANDOZ WATCH CO (FAR EAST) LTD., 11th Floor, Chung Nam House, 59 Des Voeux Road, Central, Hong Kong. local service center is located at EVER grand central , Kalookan. rights to the sandoz name was bought by hongkong. they use swiss eta movement with cases made in taiwan. i believe the cases are now made in china as china metallurgy has improved vastly to the watchcase-making standard. ive seen the sandoz sub singapore model and it case. band and dial looks exactly like the pierre cardin submariner which has a japan movement. IMHO, sandoz sub hongkong has more bang for the buck, and i prefer its whole matte finish on the band. i 'd choose the stainless datejust models for fear of gold fading. ive seen the datejust lookalikes and they have nice mother of pearl dials.