Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

Tissot PRS200.....4 years na and counting...

tissot makes quality timepieces. owned a tissot pr100 moonphase previously but had to let it go because my wrists grew bigger. i sometimes have a sense of guilt when a watch is sleeping inside my safe knowing that someone else would pamper and use it but just couldnt have it. made sure to sell it to one who would take care of it.

atong ang,

padre honestly di naman, bagets looking pa rin kahit may diamonds probably because of the bark finish. frankly i wear it on a regular basis. yun lang nga feeling ko di niniwala yung mga tao nakakita na akin yun, mukang hindi ko afford yung relo. :cry:

i think this has something to do with the proliferation of rolex replicas in greenhills. once some people see someone wear a rolex, they automatically gauge the person on what he wears or what kind of car he drives. i have a friend who just wears a plain white shirt, shorts and leather sandals and a datejust. people normally take a second at him until they see him driving a pajero.

as watch lovers, i guess we dont care what people think as long as we are happy with what we are wearing be it a rolex, patek or a seiko.

care to post pics of your 'borrowed' babies

i think this has something to do with the proliferation of rolex replicas in greenhills.  once some people see someone wear a rolex, they automatically gauge the person on what he wears or what kind of car he drives. i have a friend who just wears a plain white shirt, shorts and leather sandals and a datejust.  people normally take a second at him until they see him driving a pajero.

as watch lovers, i guess we dont care what people think as long as we are happy with what we are wearing be it a rolex, patek or a seiko.

care to post pics of your 'borrowed'  babies

naku, yun ang problema, di ko alam kung pano ginagawa yun....medyo tanga ako sa computer. ganito na lang, pm mo sakin cell mo, can send it as a picture attachment, what you think?

GMT II or Submariner?  Some say GMT is more bang for the buck.  Any comments?

in terms of features, it is because of the second and third time zones but i doubt if many use it. the same can be said for the sub, how many actually dive with their rollies? most just use the bezel to time their cooking. if you are comparing them in terms of aesthetics, it has to be model to model basis. some prefer the two tone gmt over the two tone sub but s/s sub over the s/s gmt. another issue is between choosing a two tone black or blue sub and between a regular sub, sub with date or the kermit.

i think it would be a question of preference in terms of looks rather than function

Anyone know where to buy a Sandoz watch in Manila?  Thanks in advance  :D

rizal avenue or ongpin but it is cheaper in hongkong. its local service center is at ever gotesco. what kind of sandoz are you looking for? if its the sandoz sub, i suggest you buy abroad as i have a watch jeweller friend who told me there is a problem with the locally sourced sandoz sub with regards to leaks in the gaskets. if you're after the rolex datejust types, i can refer you to some shops at ongpin which sell them but the selection is not that complete compared to hongkong.

rizal avenue or ongpin but it is cheaper in hongkong.  its local service center is at ever gotesco. what kind of sandoz are you looking for? if its the sandoz sub, i suggest you buy abroad as i have a watch jeweller friend who told me there is a problem with the locally sourced sandoz sub with regards to leaks in the gaskets. if you're after the rolex datejust types, i can refer you to some shops at ongpin which sell them but the selection is not that complete compared to hongkong.

Thanks! I am looking for the yachtmaster,explorer and airking types. I found this website that sells the made in Singapore Sandoz with sapphire crystals with a link to the made in Hongkong models:

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WATCHSALES/San...eSalesTable.htm

The price for the yachtmaster is $225 plus $25 shipping.

For me it doesn't really matter where it's made. The main difference seems to be in the crystals since the movements are very similar.

Thanks!  I am looking for the yachtmaster,explorer and airking types.  I found this website that sells the made in Singapore Sandoz with sapphire crystals with a link to the made in Hongkong models:

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WATCHSALES/San...eSalesTable.htm

The price for the yachtmaster is $225 plus $25 shipping.

For me it  doesn't really matter where it's made.  The main difference seems to be in the crystals since the movements are very similar.

yes, i am quite familiar with the poor man's watch forum. the prices there are quite expensive compared to hongkong. for local sources, most carry the datejust lookalikes because they are the most saleable item here. i wouldnt bet on the two-tone models as i would presume they are gold plated.

yes, i am quite familiar with the poor man's watch forum.  the prices there are quite expensive compared to hongkong. for local sources, most carry the datejust lookalikes because they are the most saleable item here. i wouldnt bet on the two-tone models as i would presume they are gold plated.

Atong,

Do you know the differences between RXW and Sandoz? Thanks for your responses :D

Atong,

Do you know the differences between RXW and Sandoz?  Thanks for your responses  :D

im not too familiar with rxw watches. all i know is that they are japanese made based on the vintage rolex designs with mostly eta movement.

as to sandoz, the address is SANDOZ WATCH CO (FAR EAST) LTD., 11th Floor, Chung Nam House, 59 Des Voeux Road, Central, Hong Kong. local service center is located at EVER grand central , Kalookan. rights to the sandoz name was bought by hongkong. they use swiss eta movement with cases made in taiwan. i believe the cases are now made in china as china metallurgy has improved vastly to the watchcase-making standard. ive seen the sandoz sub singapore model and it case. band and dial looks exactly like the pierre cardin submariner which has a japan movement. IMHO, sandoz sub hongkong has more bang for the buck, and i prefer its whole matte finish on the band. i 'd choose the stainless datejust models for fear of gold fading. ive seen the datejust lookalikes and they have nice mother of pearl dials.