Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

just for me, i dont need to thank MVP for this because its about time he should be doing this. the problem why the govt has no money is because of the likes of him. if you notice the philippines problem economically is monopoly, if you go to other countries that are rich and properous, this matters like services are either own by the govt or subsidize to a number of providers to let them go at it so the consumer's best interest can be carried.

because of politics and our dumb no good officials we are where we at now. yumaman na sya dahil din sa atin and sa ating katangahan,

no offense ah! he benefited a lot from this so called system and from us. dapat lang na ibalik sa atin. im not saying its really a mandatory thing but im happy that he started to move, imagine one person like this can move a nation why cant the others follow. lucio tan sana mabasa mo ito, wag mo ng aksayahan ng panahon anak mo si bong dahil walang pag asa

Thanks Bro. Nice opinion. Take it from Father Bernas' speech during our graduation: "... where justice is still available to the highest bidder". so what do we expect?

But at least I still want to thank MVP for sharing his company's income and for convincing Mr Anthoni Salim, the head of First pacific Co., to shell out hundreds of millions for Philippine Sports. He could have opted to pocket these millions himself.

• Like (+1) 1

Easier said than done. I think Chot lobbied for this job coz if he didn't, it would still be Toroman. I don't see any reason why Toroman should be replaced. Why fix something that ain't broke? It was an Atenista doing a fellow alumnus a favor.

so it must be the same reason and qualification why rico villanueva is in the wish list of chot reyes.

Easier said than done. I think Chot lobbied for this job coz if he didn't, it would still be Toroman. I don't see any reason why Toroman should be replaced. Why fix something that ain't broke? It was an Atenista doing a fellow alumnus a favor.

And of course MVP gave in to Coach Chot's prudding coz both are loyal supporters of our alma mater. But in fairness, they based everything on qualifications

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Chot Reyes already blurted it out more than a month ago that he and MVP talked to McGee's agent concerning the possibility of playing for the Philippines (for a considerable sum of course) as an import of the national team. the agent gave his initial approval pending the final "yes" of McGee himself. Chot would have wanted to sign up Dwight Howard if the latter were free. But that's not possible coz Howard already played for the US team before.

• Like (+1) 1

JaVale McGee will soon be playing for Smart Gilas as a dual Fil-Am citizen. Rep. Robbie Puno of Rizal's 1st district, the same guy who sponsored Doubhit, just filed a house bill that will seek the granting of Filipino citizenship to McGee just like what happened to Doubhit before. Most likely it will be approved immediately at the committee level then for the 3rd reading just in time for the next games of the Gilas team. Thanks to the effort of all concerned.

JaVale McGee will soon be playing for Smart Gilas as a dual Fil-Am citizen. Rep. Robbie Puno of Rizal's 1st district, the same guy who sponsored Doubhit, just filed a house bill that will seek the granting of Filipino citizenship to McGee just like what happened to Doubhit before. Most likely it will be approved immediately at the committee level then for the 3rd reading just in time for the next games of the Gilas team. Thanks to the effort of all concerned.

Here's The Dean's write-up on McGee:

http://www.philstar.com/thedeanscorner/articlescontent.aspx?articleid=807849&publicationsubcategoryid=69

Smart Gilas II Pool of players

http://imageshack.us/a/img163/2426/smartgilasiihi.jpg

1. Sol Mercado

2. Jarred Dillinger

3. Jeff Chan

4. Jvee Casio

4. Mac Baracael

5. Jimmy Alapag

6. Kelly Williams

7. Larry Fonacier

8. Ryan Reyes

9. Jason Castro

10.Ranidel de Ocampo

11.Gabe Norwood

12.Rico Villanueva

13.LA Tenorio

14.Sonny Thoss

15.Gary David

16.Marcus Douthit

* Javale McGee joins the team if his naturalization paper is processed in time for the 2013 FIBA Asia Championship.

* James Yap, Marc Pingris, Alex Cabagnot, Arwind Santos and Marcio Lassiter may still join the pool if they sign a commitment letter

source

http://www.philstar.com/SportsArticle.aspx?articleId=812491&publicationSubCategoryId=69