Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Ang ang Japan, binugbog ng Venezuela ng dalawang beses. Yung una, 91-53. Yung pangalawa, 103-67. Kulang pa ang Venezuela sa lagay na yun.

Hmmmm....di ba natalo tayo sa Japan last year lang? Anyway, basta laban na lang, ubusan ng lahi, ok lang yan.

Heto yung link ng game: http://www.fibaasia.net/InterviewDetails.aspx?id=111

Edited by pinoywritingfool

Problema ba sila? Not IF one believes that talent-wise RP is better than Iran. Saka may nagsabi rin na our BIGS can match up with the BIGS of Asia :lol:

In the 2011 FIBA-Asia Champions Cup, Bahrami scored 19 points, Kamrani scored 17points. So yes, I still consider them problems and threats that Gilas needs to neutralize.

Talent plays a big role in basketball but I dare say China was more talented than Iran and yet Iran is the defending champion. Teamwork, cohesiveness and familiarity with each other play big roles too.

Remember, we don't have Kelly Williams, Jimmy Alapag and Ranidel de Ocampo til after the Jones Cup. That means we'll be sacrificing familiarity and cohesiveness each time they take the floor.

Great win for Smart Gilas!

By the way, sinong may alam ng sked ng replay sa ESPN? First half lang kasi napanood ko kahapon since kailangan ko lumabas at wala nagpalabas ng ESPN sa mall.. hopefully mapanood ko ng buo mamya..

I think from the comments i've heard, its the patience in playing the half court offense by "passing" the ball and playing good defense that won the game for them against Iran. Usually, the blue print for RP game is run and gun daw kasi which i believe was the PBA type of game which obviously would have a hard time to work when the defense of the opponent is already set. They barely rushed nor forced their shots and the passing was slick and a sight to behold with. I've seen them play live at Araneta coliseum and i must say that such type of play could succeed. Sana may continuity lang ng talent at wag lumipat agad ng PBA. People will believe in the PBA again once we prove that we are a force in basketball in Asia man lang again like back then and this Gilas team could play a crucial role in doing that so. Sana PBA realizes that too, Kelly Williams, Ranidel De Ocampo and Jimmy Alapag should have played here instead at the TNT games since their team is deep enough without them in the first place simply so that the Gilas would have familiarity on their side.

Great win for Smart Gilas!

By the way, sinong may alam ng sked ng replay sa ESPN? First half lang kasi napanood ko kahapon since kailangan ko lumabas at wala nagpalabas ng ESPN sa mall.. hopefully mapanood ko ng buo mamya..

I think from the comments i've heard, its the patience in playing the half court offense by "passing" the ball and playing good defense that won the game for them against Iran. Usually, the blue print for RP game is run and gun daw kasi which i believe was the PBA type of game which obviously would have a hard time to work when the defense of the opponent is already set. They barely rushed nor forced their shots and the passing was slick and a sight to behold with. I've seen them play live at Araneta coliseum and i must say that such type of play could succeed. Sana may continuity lang ng talent at wag lumipat agad ng PBA. People will believe in the PBA again once we prove that we are a force in basketball in Asia man lang again like back then and this Gilas team could play a crucial role in doing that so. Sana PBA realizes that too, Kelly Williams, Ranidel De Ocampo and Jimmy Alapag should have played here instead at the TNT games since their team is deep enough without them in the first place simply so that the Gilas would have familiarity on their side.

nice win kahit na hindi pabor sa PHL ang refs... hehehe.... :P :P :P

Oo nga, medyo obvious mga tawag.

Pati yung ESPN commentator (na pro-Chinese Taipei din) nagtaka sa ibang mga tawag ng ref.

Pero ok lang yan, home team sila eh, mejo may luto talaga ang mga ganyan. Panalo pa rin tayo and it shows the immense quality of the Gilas players na nalampasan pa rin nila ito.

Congrats, Gilas, and good job Coach Toroman!

Proud na proud pa rin ako sa Gilas.

Ang liliit natin tingnan kontra sa kanila pero ang tindi ng fighting spirit. Halatang sineseryoso na tayo ng lahat ng top teams.

In fact, ito ang sabi ng coach ng Jordan: "It was a great win for us, I think the Phl team is a team that is getting better and better every year and as Iran found out a couple of days ago, they're not easy to beat anymore. Now is like when you beat the Phl, you're beating a very fast, very skilled good basketball team," he added.

Humahanga ang mga kalaban natin sa atin. Next time, tepok sila sa Gilas!