• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Sayang....

4 years from now....yun mga asian NBA players....e.g haddadi and yi jianlian...palaos na....ala naman akong nakikinitang mga future asian NBA players...samantalang tayo....baka by that time meron na ...si kobe paras....sarap sana mapanood ng live kung dito gaganapin....

we had our chance. maganda naman yung pitch/presentation natin. hayyy. maybe it is not yet our time

our passion is there. given na yun. pero mabigat din kasi yung experience and facilities na meron ang China in hosting these kinds of events

focus nalang sa practice ng Gilas. kaya yan. makakapasok tayo sa FIBA WC #puso2019

The FIBA decision on which country will host the next Basketball World Cup was based on four key areas:
1. Vision and concept
2. Experience in hosting events
3. Basketball history in the country
4. Cities and venues
CLzNcDJUAAAzpHj.jpg

It would have been a blast had we been chosen. Putting things in perspective, at least, China will be one less hurdle to qualifying for the FIBA Worlds in 2019. Mukhang makakalaro si Blatche.

exactly...not sure about the new format for the 2019 fiba world but how many will represent asia?

I think it's 5 countries.

So that means china as host plus 5 more or 5 countries including the host? Nonetheless, unlike the old format where the top 3 in the fiba asia qualify for the fiba world, i think we still have a chance to qualify given the addition of 2 more additional countries. LABAN PILIPINAS!

in reality ang meron lang tayo eh PUSO. yung china may magagandang venues,maayos na airport at malaking market.

exactly what i earlier wrote. It was a matter of existing world class structures, airports, roads against passion. while we really wanted to host it, can we honestly say that we have the capability to host a tournament of mega proportion? not to belittle what we have but let's face reality...it's not yet our time. maybe next time. i still feel we can barge and qualify for the 2019 fiba world.

• Like (+1) 1

Nakita raw sa Google ng FIBA board kung gaano ka-trapik sa EDSA at papuntang MOA arena at Phillipine Arena Hehe! Hirap boycotin ng Chinese foods...

mukhang malabo yata yan. pancit at siopao lang nagkalat na hehehe honestly it just boiled down to what both countries have to offer. while admittedly we have the heart and passion, china has all what it takes to stage the biggest basketball tourney in the world. probably an added motivation for gilas 3.0 - beat china in their homecourt and represent the lone spot for asia in the 2016 olympics.

Yup kahit yun summarized presentation ng china....malayo talaga tayo....pero in terms of venue....ok na yun philippine arena and MOA....

So tingin ko nde yun venue...

4 Venues kailangan nila sa FIBA parang last year, para mas mabilis ang schedules at convenient din sa players na hindi ma over play.

in terms of sales, mejo alangan din ang fiba although kaya naman gumastos ng iba dyan na 30k per ticket sa court side, lower box etc..

5 Asian countries including the host but the FIBA-Worlds qualifier, if I'm not mistaken, is not the FIBA-Asia but a much longer qualifying process.

so that's 4 more slots for asia. yes...longer process because if i remember right, the road to the fiba world starts in 2017. medyo madugo ang tatahakin ng gilas...and if we want to qualify for the fiba world, sbp and the pba must put their act together. this is not just a one shot qualification. this is an almost 2 year process. ngayon pa lang fiba asia, kulang na ang preparation di pa tayo makabuo ng malakas na team.