Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Di gaano mahigpit requirements ng asian games pagdating sa mga half blood/nationality. Sa FIBA naman base sa mga nababasa ko yung passport at the age of 16 at yung 6 months of living sa country na irerepresent niya yung main requirements.

bale ang pinaguusapan na lang dito is whether stanley is a holder of a philippine passport before reaching the age of 16. yung 6 months residence is already given. tama ba? paul lee and stanley pringle will be a deadly combination come the fiba qualifiers...if the latter is qualified.

just my take if junemar is unavailable (again?) hehehe for the game against iran in the next phase of the fiba qualifiers:

greg and stan (naturalized player) at center.

eram, almazan and beau at power forward.

gabe, rayray and mac belo at small forward.

marcio, stanley, lee and scottie to complete the 12.

• Like (+1) 1

Eto tingin kong best line up

Pg- la and baroca

Sg- lassiter and tiu

Sf- parks and wright

Pf- almazan, belga, standhardinger, japeth

C- slaugther,junmar, sanggalang

Alternate si norwood mgr at manuel

Pba should adjust their october to november sched

Edited by *kalel*

greg and stan (naturalized player) at center.

It is imperative that Gregzilla should be our center to counter Haddadi. I am pretty confident he can neutralize Haddadi. Without Haddadi, the Iranians are easy pickings. The Iranians are pretty much like SMB. Dump the ball to Haddadi and let the play emanate from there.

• Like (+1) 1

It is imperative that Gregzilla should be our center to counter Haddadi. I am pretty confident he can neutralize Haddadi. Without Haddadi, the Iranians are easy pickings. The Iranians are pretty much like SMB. Dump the ball to Haddadi and let the play emanate from there.

exactly chief. iran will live and die with haddadi. if haddadi is neutralized, half of the battle is won. greg is the only player at present who can at least give haddadi a hard time.

• Like (+1) 1

so if stanley is a filipino, then is he cleared to play in the fiba qualifiers as a filipino or the requirement of having a philippine passport before reaching the age of 16 is still a requisite?

Stanley and Christian -- and Andray Blatche -- do not have a RP passport before 16. The only way for either of them to play in FIBA is to be selected as that 1 naturalized player for the team.

FIBA doesn't give a hoot about blood. There are only 3 options to be able to play, on this order:

1. Must be born in the country he/she is playing,

2. If not born in the country, must have obtained country's passport before 16;

3. If not born in the country and not holding a passport of that country before 16, must be naturalzed.

The 3 persons named above fails the first 2 options so only the 3rd option is available. But only 1 naturalized player can be included into the team. So Who will be it?

Iran have also very good wing players at matatangkad din sila pero iba din talaga pag may haddadi sila. I think greg slaughter will be enough para kay haddadi mahirap naman kung ipipilit si junemar baka mapasama pa.

Unfair yung Group B. LOL. Win or lose pasok silang 2 sa Quarterfinals. Swerte sila nagbackout yung isang team (UAE).

Hindi na ganun kabilis si Haddadi, showing his age na rin.

Eniweys focus lang muna sa Korea which in my analysis we are going to beat them by around 8 points.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX

Eniweys focus lang muna sa Korea which in my analysis we are going to beat them by around 8 points.

This will only be possible if our defense can neutralize their fluid ball movement. They move well without the ball and almost all of them can hit from the outside. The counter to this is obviously tight man to man guarding. Another basic weapon that they have which they used to destroy us in the FIBA-Asia last year and which Reyes was clueless about is the pick and roll. I don't know what Yeng will use to counter this. They can switch or blitz the pick and roll. If we can counter the pick and roll and play tight man to man, this game is ours.

not counted. asian games is not sanctioned by FIBA

As Fililipino. I don't think there is "local passport before 16" requirement in Asian Games. As long as there is proof of Filipino blood or at least 1 naturalized player, the team is ok.

Btw, these Asian Games are counting towards suspension games for the suspended players so this means win or lose vs Korea, that is the 3rd game of serving suspension, so that means Blatche, William, Romeo and Aguilar have all served their time and thus will be available for November against the Kazakhs!

This will only be possible if our defense can neutralize their fluid ball movement. They move well without the ball and almost all of them can hit from the outside. The counter to this is obviously tight man to man guarding. Another basic weapon that they have which they used to destroy us in the FIBA-Asia last year and which Reyes was clueless about is the pick and roll. I don't know what Yeng will use to counter this. They can switch or blitz the pick and roll. If we can counter the pick and roll and play tight man to man, this game is ours.

Correct. Except their 3 protagonists in pick and roll that year are all injured and not in the lineup this Asian Games.

not counted. asian games is not sanctioned by FIBA

It does not need to be sanctioned. International games ang definition. That is why none of the 10 suspended players can play in Asian Games. That was also the reason why we backed out of Asian Games initially. Then naisip ng SBP, we need to play these games so that it will runout on suspension games para pagdating ng November, available na yung iba.

si daddy douthit daw ready

https://sports.mb.com.ph/2018/08/25/douthit-ready-for-national-team-call-up/

IMHO, ibalik si coach Tab kahit consultant. Alam na alam nya talunin ang Iran kahit nung coach pa sya ng Jordan. and halos natalo ng Manong Brigade nya ang China kung hindi lang lutong China last 2015 FIBA

I like him but he did his time and I think now it's Standhardinger or Blatche's time.

ASIAN GAMES 2018 BRACKET

if we win vs Korea it will be either Iran/Japan for the semis and possible rematch vs China for the gold. thats a big IF ..

FjqWnpQ.jpg

I'm giving Ira a slight edge over Japan. Hangga't andyan si Daddy Haddadi, babatutain nila Japan. LOL. Pero me pangontra rin na Hakoge Moves ang Japanese so it will be tight and the final result will be closer than oddsmakers are predicting. Iran is predicted to win and is a chalk at -2500.

Of course, the closest match-up are the Philippines and Korea but Philippines will come out victorious as Clarkson, Yap, Tiu and Dalistan will explode. It'a pick-em with Korea at -120 and Philippines at -109.

The other games are not going be as close. Taiwan and China will win respectively by double-digts. Taiwan chalks up -10000 while China's game is not even chalked.

Iran has a 70-80% chance of making it to the semis since hindi naman yan yung japan na nakatalo sa australia plus may pinauwi pa sila na apat na player because of some scandal.

Nice info. With that, Iran's odds moved to -5000. Meanwhile Taiwan's dropped to -5000, still highly favored. .

Korea's odds improved to -137 which means Philippines declined, to +102.

Edited by MRROUGHSEX