Norwood

De Ocampo

Pingris

Abueva

Castro

Romeo

Clarkson

Lassiter

if slaughter is ineligible, his spot can be taken by rosario. i still dream that in the near future, all stakeholders will cooperate and give their full support for flag and country.

as to the possible suspension if gilas decides to forego playing in the qualifiers...sayang lang talaga kasi naayos na natin yung gusot noon. wag naman sanang maulit ulit na ma-suspend tayo. from 31st place at the start of fiba asia, we are now ranked 24th (?) after placing 2nd in china and we are only a few places away in cracking the top 20 in the world. sana let's not waste what we have achieved.

this lineup should give china the ass kicking it deserves:

Blatche

Slaughter

Fajardo

Aguilar

Norwood

De Ocampo

Pingris

Abueva

Castro

Romeo

Clarkson

Lassiter

if slaughter is ineligible, his spot can be taken by rosario. i still dream that in the near future, all stakeholders will cooperate and give their full support for flag and country.

as to the possible suspension if gilas decides to forego playing in the qualifiers...sayang lang talaga kasi naayos na natin yung gusot noon. wag naman sanang maulit ulit na ma-suspend tayo. from 31st place at the start of fiba asia, we are now ranked 24th (?) after placing 2nd in china and we are only a few places away in cracking the top 20 in the world. sana let's not waste what we have achieved.

on reserve we can add Jeff Chan, and Troy Rosario. Kobe Paras, Parks and Keiffer on the training pool.

Vargas rues ‘empty’ PBA promises

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2015/10/06/1507692/vargas-rues-empty-pba-promises

As of now the problem I see for Gilas if we are going to join the OLYMPIC QUALIFIER for RIO next year is the current PBA schedules. The OLYMPIC QUALIFIER start from July 5-11 2016. During those dates, next year's PBA GOVERNORS CUP still yet to finish it will be I think will be semifinals. Note this year GOVERNORs CUP ended on July 17. That is the main problem is the conflict of schedule and GILAS also need preparations for that. The only good thing I see if we somehow find a way to join is that is JORDAN CLARKSON will be able to play for GILAS(baring he will have approval from FIBA about his eligibility to play for us). He won't have any NBA obligations during those dates as NBA season will be over and training camp won't start yet.

not to mention the Olympics in August, if ever we qualify!

Lee is a better choice than Romeo because he is a bigger point guard. He is also clutch. There were times that Romeo was playing too much one on one. We need a pointguard who can set up plays. When Castro was in foul trouble, and his shots were not falling in the finals, all I could think was Lee should have been in the team. And since Clarkson and Lee are there, if nagka foul trouble si Castro, we still have one-on-one guys aside from Blatche.

Kobe should be there because he is our future cornerstone. Yung ibang team they have 20 year old players already, ang youngest sa atin 23.

Pingris is small for a forward position, and maybe rosario can take his place because Rosario has an outside shot. We really need shooters from the outside. Chan again is too small. At the SF position, Norwood is best because of his defense and decent 3 point shots. He can also bring the ball up. We need 3 and D guys. How I wish Parks has a consistent 3 and maybe he can be considered as an SF sa gilas.

Again my line up is:

C - Fajardo, Slaughter

PF - Blatche, De Ocampo, Aguilar

SF - Norwood, Abueva, Rosario (or Pingris)

SG - Clarkson, Lassiter

PG - Castro, Lee

Reserve: Romeo, Paras. IMHO, Ravena is too small, he is not as fast and explosive as Romeo. He may not be cut out for international games because of his size. Si Parks naman has the size but he has inconsistent outside shot.

My 2 cents, we have to participate in the FIBA qualifiers para madevelop ang teamwork and familiarity. And maybe, given sufficient time to prepare, we can get an olympic slot.

agree :) paras, ravena, parks, teng, rosarìo, belo will be the future of gilas pilipinas.

Yup..agree na agree...one of the better lineup we will ever have..

Chan and lassiter should be a shoo-in until we can find a better shooter than those two...

Romeo..pag magmature and plays intelligently...he will be like castro...faster and younger version...ganyan din si castro nun 2013 fiba asia...tenorio and lee had their time...parang tatak na ng pinas ang mabibilis na PG...kaya nga yun ibang teams may mga kasinlaki na PG tulad nina castro...look at china and iran..

And the key word is CADET TRAINING POOL...or reserve pool....mga future players like ravena and co...dapat mafamiliarize na kay coach tab...you can also add...AVO and torres too...

I've read a post on facebook na the mother teams are the one preventing players to join Gilas. From the article, un agent ni Paul Lee gusto lagyan ng Gilas clause un contract para pag kelangan ng Gilas/National team makakalaro pero di pumayag un mother team. Same could had happen sa mga SMC players. Amf kasi mga karamihan sa mga mayayaman dito puro politics at power grabbing lang alam eh.

Vargas rues ‘empty’ PBA promises

http://www.philstar.com/sports/2015/10/06/1507692/vargas-rues-empty-pba-promises

As of now the problem I see for Gilas if we are going to join the OLYMPIC QUALIFIER for RIO next year is the current PBA schedules. The OLYMPIC QUALIFIER start from July 5-11 2016. During those dates, next year's PBA GOVERNORS CUP still yet to finish it will be I think will be semifinals. Note this year GOVERNORs CUP ended on July 17. That is the main problem is the conflict of schedule and GILAS also need preparations for that. The only good thing I see if we somehow find a way to join is that is JORDAN CLARKSON will be able to play for GILAS(baring he will have approval from FIBA about his eligibility to play for us). He won't have any NBA obligations during those dates as NBA season will be over and training camp won't start yet.

i think there's a conflict also with the availability and schedules of Andray Blatch since he's still playing with CBA during this time.

So sad and frustrating yung nangyayari sa basketball sa pinas..lahat ng bagay may politics...

SUGGESTION:

MVP Group: gumawa na bagong liga na susuporta sa NATIONAL TEAM after ng contract ng pba sa tv5 at sport5

STEPS:

1. halos lahat ng collegiate basketball team and player na malalakas pwde nyo ma draft instead na sa PBA mag padraft

2. pullout sa pba ang 4 teams (TnT,Meralco,Nlex,Blakwater)

3. lahat ng undrafted, nawalan ng contract from players to coaches..bigyan ng opportunity sa bagong liga

4. mag recruit sa mga province ng malalakas na player at di lang sa collegiate league kasi SUPER dami malalakas na player na di nakatapos ng pag-aaral kasi inuna ang basketball

5. Mas liitan ang join fee sa new league

6. Hikayatin lahat ng direct competitors ng PBA teams na sumali..imagine(Tanduay Co. ,SM Group, Lopez Group, Boysen, Phoenix, CDO Foodsphere, Ayala Corp. etc) NOTE: all of this corporations ay gusto sumali sa PBA kaso may conflict of interest.

7. Make sure na makuha si Clarkson, Kobe Paras, Ray Parks, Ravena, Blatche at iba pang fil-am players to join future NATIONAL TEAM.

BENEFIT:

1. mawawalan ng TV coverage ang PBA

2. Yung ibang collegiate players magpapa draft sa inyo

3. Magiging 8 teams na lang ang PBA at maari pang mag pull out ang iba dependa sa market value ng new league

4. Maraming magkaka work ulit mula sa players, coaches hanggang sa Ball boys

5. Lalakas ang liga kasi magkakaroon ng Fanbase from province kung makukuha yung mga player na malalakas pero di nakapagformal education

Pagnagkataon: Bagsak ang PBA (kahit die hard Ginebra fan ako)..lilipat ang ibang players ng PBA sa bagong liga kasi nilalangaw na PBA at wala ng SMC Manipulation...

Ito ay pangarap ko lang naman at hindi madali pero SAWANG SAWA NA AKO MAPANOOD NA LUMALABAN TAYO "MULA SA PUSO"

BENEFIT:

1. mawawalan ng TV coverage ang PBA = D lng po TV5 ang TV station sa Pilipinas

2. Yung ibang collegiate players magpapa draft sa inyo = i dont know kung anung benefit dito pareho lng nman silang magkakaroon ng draft??

3. Magiging 8 teams na lang ang PBA at maari pang mag pull out ang iba dependa sa market value ng new league = malabong magpull out ang ibang teams kc may fan base na at kilala na ang PBA regarding basketball. matandang sports league na ito sa Asia.

4. Maraming magkaka work ulit mula sa players, coaches hanggang sa Ball boys = it would be beneficial pero limited due to hiring ng personel per team.

5. Lalakas ang liga kasi magkakaroon ng Fanbase from province kung makukuha yung mga player na malalakas pero di nakapagformal education = if you remember MBA which may mga ksaling probinsya nagsimulang maganda pero bandang huli bigla din nagdisband . khit nga ang PBL nagclose na din kya nga nagkaroon ng PBA D-League na lng.

kung di rin kc itong si MVP magoffer under the table sa mga Gilas Players from other team hindi magiging mdamot itong SMC at RoS. PBA is a business league even NBA have strict regulations regulations regarding players rights.

BENEFIT:

1. mawawalan ng TV coverage ang PBA = D lng po TV5 ang TV station sa Pilipinas

2. Yung ibang collegiate players magpapa draft sa inyo = i dont know kung anung benefit dito pareho lng nman silang magkakaroon ng draft??

3. Magiging 8 teams na lang ang PBA at maari pang mag pull out ang iba dependa sa market value ng new league = malabong magpull out ang ibang teams kc may fan base na at kilala na ang PBA regarding basketball. matandang sports league na ito sa Asia.

4. Maraming magkaka work ulit mula sa players, coaches hanggang sa Ball boys = it would be beneficial pero limited due to hiring ng personel per team.

5. Lalakas ang liga kasi magkakaroon ng Fanbase from province kung makukuha yung mga player na malalakas pero di nakapagformal education = if you remember MBA which may mga ksaling probinsya nagsimulang maganda pero bandang huli bigla din nagdisband . khit nga ang PBL nagclose na din kya nga nagkaroon ng PBA D-League na lng.

kung di rin kc itong si MVP magoffer under the table sa mga Gilas Players from other team hindi magiging mdamot itong SMC at RoS. PBA is a business league even NBA have strict regulations regulations regarding players rights.

1. You've got a point sir.. ang akin lang naman ay para ma realize ng ibang teams na mahalin ang National Team and support them in the best way possible.

may iba ngang network bukod sa tv 5 ang tanong may willing ba kumuha? do you think gma7 will give the news11 for PBA samantalang malakas yung news nila sa timeslot? I doubt ABS-CBN will give studio 23 for PBA.. kung kunin man nila I'm sure lugi ang PBA sa contract kasi super tuso rin ang LOPEZ.

2. Pareho nga silang magkakaroon ng draft pero mahahati na for sure

3. Yes fan base is fan base pero pano nga kung di mo na napapanood sa TV at kung mapanood man Super Panget ng reception kasi tv4 or untv lang ang kukuha..

4. atleast work generated ito and good for economy

5. MBA is different kasi local government and private sector ang owner kaya once na nagkaproblema between to bodies.. pero ito private sector din like PBA well in lahat ng advertisment nila to promote products pwede.

Natural yung under the table sa Gilas kc pagod ng player yun eh. Bonus Sir kung baga... We all knew it's business league pero don't compare them to NBA kasi ang USA team suportado ng NBA all the way. Ang PBA suportado lang ang GILAS sa papel at press releases.

sorry boss ha.. super inis lang talaga ako kc alam ko kayang kaya nating mag Ginto nung FIBA ASIA eh... I just imagine pano nila pipigilan ang footwork ni fajardo sa loob with blatche.. tapos may castro kang hirap bantayan at lassiter na pwde pumukol anytime. pag pagod may Paul lee kang assasin at jeff chan na pamalit. pag nagpahinga yung blatche/fajardo may slaughter at aguilar na babanggan...haay...

The SBP will have a new Leadership since MVP's term is over and re election is not an option.

Rumors has it that some SBP Board Members are eyeing to put an SMC personnel on board - Noli Eala maybe?

The reelection is scheduled on Jan. 2016 but some board members are trying to oust MVP early by boycott.

I still think the better options are:

1.) An SBP Head that is not associated in any Team in the PBA (Joe Lipa, Ramon Fernandez, etc)

2.) Have an independent company support SBP - may nag offer na di ba?

3.) Make a cadet program ala Rajko - from collegiate ranks and then give them contract that will include clause na hindi pde mag pa draft sa PBA until Gilas contract expires

4.) If any or still needs the PBA's assistance (which is still necessary the best players are there) - make an early naming of pool even before the start of the PBA season, to be fair to PBA team owners

5.) Widen the pool to up to 40 so that if any injury occurs, there will be lots of room.

6.) SBP ang sasagot sa injury damage cost and rehabilitation since under contract sila sa Gilas

Edited by daphne loves derby

The PBA and SBP should really iron out once and for all if we will,participate in the Olympic qualifiers. Honestly, with the luck of the draw and the inclusion of Clarkson, Slaughter and Fajardo, we have a decent shot at qualifying for the Olympics.

can we just imagine the manpower we have if politics is set aside...with the likes of blatche, clarkson, fajardo, slaughter, castro, abueva, romeo, lassiter, etc. we should be able to kick china's ass on a consistent basis.