Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

ang china niluto pa to,pagdating naman sa rio eh kamote naman hahaha

eksakto...kamote na kangkong pa. na-pressure cooker na tayo na-ihaw pa. at least we now know that china will do anything and everything to win. ito lang ang masasabi ko...WE WILL SEE CHINA IN RIO. palagay ko naman basketball na ang laro doon at patas na ang tawagan nyahahaha GOOD JOB GILAS 3.0!!! while we did not win the gold, that silver shines like gold...alam ng buong asya yan.

• Like (+1) 1

Hopefully SMC can lend their players next year for the olympic qualifying tournament by July next year. We badly need the presence of fajardo and japeth to guard the 7 footer of other teams. Blatch cannot do it alone. We also need LA or Paul Lee for the PG position since we only have one legit PG. We also need jeff chan to be one of our shooter.

Edited by dinibdib
  • Like (+1) 1

i'm proud for Gilas. They overachieved! Considering the players Coach Tab Baldwin has on hand. Two aging players who never refused the counrty's call. Andre Blatche who embraced the Philippines. Small players against the giants of the tournament.

Maraming salamat GILAS!

• Like (+1) 1

If you look at it...kahit dehado sa officiating....pag pumasok lang tres natin ok na laban eh....kahit isa pang tres kina RDO, castro and romeo and 1 tres kay dondon...sayang need another shooter pa...

And kahit anong sabihin pa...kulang tayo ng malaki...kahit isa lang siguro...si ping alang nagawa na..well scouted sina abueva and romeo...

No need for a perfect game...pero kahit 33% shooting from the 3 points area ayus na...

Consolation....best PG in asia na naman si castro...

Wait kayo next year...pag nandyan na si clarkson...or isama na si kobe paras...kayo naman ang kangkong!

Mabuhay SMART Gilas Pilipinas!!!!

we need another naturalized nba caliber for next year olympic qualifying event .....at isang resident seven footer super import ....(kung pwede ilagay sa contract hindi pwede maglaro sa china or korea)

and i will deligate this chot reyes....magaling sya magscout at maginvite....pero sa coaching...wag na

duda ko may kinalaman ang china .....parang napagsabihin at binayaran ng malaki para mag-pa overweight si blatche....alam naman nya papalapit ang fiba asia

wala tayo magagawa...full time sya sa china

Edited by cyking

That was a great cooking show. Talo pa yung Iron Chefs na sina Mario Batalli, Cat Cora and Bobby Flay. Ang galing talaga magluto ng mga Intsik at yung mga sous chef nila yung mga referee.

Anyway, Gilas did us proud again and congratulations to our boys. Sans Clarkson, Fajardo, Slaughter, Gilas still managed to snag a silver. The next time, I hope the gun will be fully loaded. In my opinion, if the Kraken, Gregzilla and Clarkson were there in lieu of The Rock, The Boss and Ganuelas, the outcome would have been much, much different. Ang yabang ng Zhou Qi na yan. Pero pag binanga siguro ni Slaughter or ni Fajardo, tilapon yung payatot na yun.

with the right manpower i'm sure gilas will give the chinese chefs a beating. it was just unfortunate that coach tab did not get all the players he wanted. he had to work on what he had. can we just imagine if we also had big/tall players like junmar, greg and japeth? may katapat din sana si jianlian at yung no. 15. junmar may be a bit shorter than no. 15, but he has the built to muscle that chinese. and if i were to tweak the team (with everybody's cooperation), i'd add paul lee to man the backcourt with romeo and castro, replace asi and thoss with junmar and japeth, and if qualified, greg. then one consistent outside gunner like marcio. to top it all, ang pinakahihintay natin - JORDAN CLARKSON. palagay ko naman dadapa na ang mga intsik diyan...basta walang magluluto ng lechon macau :D :D Edited by junix

Correct me if I am wrong but this Chinese line-up was pretty much the same line-up in the FIBA-Asia two years ago which got beaten by 18 points by Chinese-Taipei. Umaalingasaw talaga amoy ng luto ng China at yung mga sous chef na referees. One glaring non-call out of the many atrocious non-calls was when Norwood was hit on the forehead by Zhou Qi. The Chinese should be ashamed at how they won that gold medal.

i'm sure the chinese are not ashamed of what happened and how they won the tournament. they'd do anything to get that lone slot for rio. napansin niyo ba yung mga ngiting demonyo ng mga chinese officials? wala silang pakialam. but i'm sure the whole world, not only asia, what the chinese did in changsha. to gilas 3.0, while you were one win short of your ultimate goal, you fought hard and never wavered. you did the country proud!!!

If you look at it...kahit dehado sa officiating....pag pumasok lang tres natin ok na laban eh....kahit isa pang tres kina RDO, castro and romeo and 1 tres kay dondon...sayang need another shooter pa...

And kahit anong sabihin pa...kulang tayo ng malaki...kahit isa lang siguro...si ping alang nagawa na..well scouted sina abueva and romeo...

No need for a perfect game...pero kahit 33% shooting from the 3 points area ayus na...

Consolation....best PG in asia na naman si castro...

Wait kayo next year...pag nandyan na si clarkson...or isama na si kobe paras...kayo naman ang kangkong!

Mabuhay SMART Gilas Pilipinas!!!!

I agree to this..We simply didn't made our shots last night.

I really don't know how are we going to lose with Clarkson in our line up next year.

Yes they were the same same squad which lost to the taiwanese...but yi was injured at that time and number 15 is still a gangly 16 y/o na kayang kaya itulak ni tsieng...yun long hair ng taiwan team...

Japhet ability is to dunk talaga..plus a serviceable midrange jump shot...he exploded on those games against slow moving PFs of the opposing teams...most notably against qatar japan taiwan kazaks and of course against korea...besides japhet doesnt have to score alot..rebounding and block shots tama na...he is fast and tall enough to guard yun malalaking SF and PF ng kabilang team too...sadly nde na maximize ni coach chot talent nya..its up to tim cone kung magiimprove pa sya..

Kraken..ano pang masasabi natin sa kanya...he more than held his own during his stint sa fiba world...kaso nde masyadong nagamit during yun stint nya sa fiba asia...kahit nun nainjured si douhit...nde binigyan ng playing time ni coach chot...

Greg? Mukhang malabong makalaro yan sa FIBA...same reason na nde din makakalaro si tautaa...

Sa wing men naman...marcio would be a good addition and also please bring back si jeff chan..both of them are a big upgrade kay dondon and intal...

IMO..nde na kelangan si paul lee...especially kung nandyan na si jordan clarkson...

And we still have rosario....na nde pa nakasali...

We can only keep improving....while yun ibang bansa ala masyadong bago players pa....chinese teams will always rely on their seven footers...but without yi...mahihirapan na sila...mas mahirap pang talunin ang korea IMO...