Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

1392600745[/url]' post='9152988']

Yes... Japeth is still not sure of making the team...

If you would remember, Belga was the last cut from the Gilas team who fought at the FIBA Asia. The choice was actually between Belga and Japeth. Had it not for Williams' injury, he (Williams) would have been there instead of Japeth.

Now, considering that Fajardo, Pingris and De Ocampo are almost sure of making it... plus the naturalized player (either Douthitt or Blatche)... there would be only 2 or 3 more slots left for the big men... if Blatche would play, he's a natural 4... so what Gilas team would need is a 5... where Slaughter is being considered...

With that scenario... the last slot would be a toss-up again between Japeth, Belga, and/or even Williams... where Williams has an inside track because he plays for MVP (Talk n Text)...

Huh???

Why in the world would anyone pick a slower injurred and sick williams over japhet? Williams doesnt even have a good medium range shot...im not a hypocrite...i was glad williams was injured...did you even watch the tokushima games? Williams is a no factor already...i agree on beu belga...he would be an asser BUT only in FIBA Asia not FIBA world...unless of course belga is listed as a 6-9 burly and round power forwrard...

This team would really need a big lineup change...especially the succeeding fiba asias or even asian games...lutz paul lee ellis barroca and most esp lassiter...(heck all those gilas boys that toroman trained were more than enough to replace david and fonacier ...on paper) and please no arwind or yap...

BUT everyone should agree that this gilas team...the same gilas team who played here and pour out their sweat blood and hearts for their countryman...SHOULD be the team THAT should play in FIBA World...

just my opinion...

wala akong papalitan sa GIlas team...

kung meron man, siguro after na ng FIba World, and Asian Games...

the current line-up worked hard to bring us back to the FIBA world..

tapos bigla na lang papalitan nung maabot na yung dream natin???

very un-Filipino like yan... wala ka din naman guarantee na pag

nagpalit ka ng player eh mas mag-improve yung team...

more or greatwer talent doesn't necessarily transform to wins...

saka syempre yung chemistry ng current line-up mahalaga yun...

so kung magpapalit na naman tayo, mahihirapan tayo sa rotation...

dun naman sa idea na Williams over Japeth... siguro nung time

na kalakasan pa ni Williams, pero ngayon??? i'd rather have Japeth...

maiintindihan nyo ko kung napanuod nyo yung FIBA Asia na

ginanap dito satin... dun nag-mature si Japeth... and who know,

with more exposure, baka matupad na yung pangarap natin na

magkaroon ng Pinoy sa NBA... the dunk he made may only count

2 points, pero the momentum it brings sa team, hindi matatawaran yun

i agree.. except for Alapag who himself said that he's willing to give his spot to a better and younger PG. i would vote for Sol Mercado for Alapag's spot.

Edited by ray004

In my opinion, it would be foolish for Chot not to choose Japeth over these two. With all due respect to Beau and Kelly, Japeth is an athletic and lengthy big who can score and alter shots. It was too bad his coach with Ginebra didn't know how to use him in the just concluded PBA semi-finals. Chot showcased what Japeth can do in the 2013 FIBA-Asia.

+1 specially on the 3rd sentence.

Huh???

Why in the world would anyone pick a slower injurred and sick williams over japhet? Williams doesnt even have a good medium range shot...im not a hypocrite...i was glad williams was injured...did you even watch the tokushima games? Williams is a no factor already...i agree on beu belga...he would be an asser BUT only in FIBA Asia not FIBA world...unless of course belga is listed as a 6-9 burly and round power forwrard...

This team would really need a big lineup change...especially the succeeding fiba asias or even asian games...lutz paul lee ellis barroca and most esp lassiter...(heck all those gilas boys that toroman trained were more than enough to replace david and fonacier ...on paper) and please no arwind or yap...

BUT everyone should agree that this gilas team...the same gilas team who played here and pour out their sweat blood and hearts for their countryman...SHOULD be the team THAT should play in FIBA World...

hahaha, magkaiba tayo ng opinion dun sa Ginebra issue, pero dito...

mukhang pareho tayo boss!! :rolleyes:

Barrioca nlang instead of sol....

good addition tlaga si Barroca...

pero kung ako tatanungin, hindi ko pa din tatanggaling si Alapag eh...

oo matanda na sya, pero kailangan natin yung leadership na meron sya...

kita nyo naman kung pano sya nirerespeto ng mga team mates nya nung

FIBA asia di ba??? nakikinig halos lahat sa kanya... saka kailangan pa

natin yung mga clutch shots nya... yun ang pumatay sa Korea eh..

Huh???

That's the politics in basketball... remember that it is Manny Pangilinan who is financing the team...

Personally.. I would prefer to still have Douthitt in the team for the World Championships in Spain ... the chemistry is already there... and his attitude is commendable... he goes easily well with our locals... maybe we should consider giving it to him as his last tour of duty (together with the Asiad that immediately follows after the World Championships). Then let's enlist another naturalized player for the next FIBA qualifier for the Olympics.

As for the locals... I would vouch for the inclusion of Slaughter, Barocca and Lassiter. They were already part of the pool after all. Plus maybe Cliff Hodge and another shooter. My candidates to be taken out are Tenorio, Fonacier, David, and De Ocampo.

Just my opinion... peace.

A similarly excellent 3-point shooter should replace El Granada or the Baby-Faced Assasin. Maybe JayWash or Joe DeVance- madepensa at malaki pa. As for Japeth, I alao think he should stay.

I agree on the news item wherein Team Gilas is encouraged to focus more on the Asian Games. The point is to maximize the World Championships experience and use it to ensure that we will win the "gold medal" in the Asiad.

+1 HERE!!!

Retaining the original 12 and adding five to the pool of players should be the way to go so that chemistry would not be disrupted and, at the same time, this gives the coach flexibility to choose from a variety of players whom he thinks should replace players from the original 12. It's a surprise that James Yap wasn't chosen to be among the 5 additional players.

james yap is big no no

buti na lang di siya kasama

completo na ang perimeter shooters ng team kasi

I love the 17-man pool. It gives Chot a lot of choices so he can make a team that is versatile enough to adjust to different playing styles.

King ako lang, I'll make the following selection for the final 12:

Center - Blatche (or Douthit), Slaughter, Fajardo

Gregzilla and the Kraken can be our team's back up centers without surrendering any height. Besides, these two Visayan giants play differently and offer different looks.

Power Forwards - Aguilar, De Ocampo, Pingris

Again, 3 guys who provide different skillsets. We can either play fast and rugged (Ping), long (3 pt sniping from Ranidel), or match others height-wise (Japeth).

Small Forwards - Norwood & Dillinger

They are fast, tall, and they play tenacious d. Add to the fact that both can slide down to the point guard position in emergency cases make both of them our ideal wingmen.

Tiradors - Lassiter & Chan

Because they are extremely good shooters. Period.

Point Guards - Lee & Castro

One is bulky but shifty. The other one is smaller but zooms like someone with a jetpack. Two different looks but they have one thing in common - both can slash really well which is ideal for Chot's dribble drive offense.

I love the 17-man pool. It gives Chot a lot of choices so he can make a team that is versatile enough to adjust to different playing styles.

King ako lang, I'll make the following selection for the final 12:

Center - Blatche (or Douthit), Slaughter, Fajardo

Gregzilla and the Kraken can be our team's back up centers without surrendering any height. Besides, these two Visayan giants play differently and offer different looks.

Power Forwards - Aguilar, De Ocampo, Pingris

Again, 3 guys who provide different skillsets. We can either play fast and rugged (Ping), long (3 pt sniping from Ranidel), or match others height-wise (Japeth).

Small Forwards - Norwood & Dillinger

They are fast, tall, and they play tenacious d. Add to the fact that both can slide down to the point guard position in emergency cases make both of them our ideal wingmen.

Tiradors - Lassiter & Chan

Because they are extremely good shooters. Period.

Point Guards - Lee & Castro

One is bulky but shifty. The other one is smaller but zooms like someone with a jetpack. Two different looks but they have one thing in common - both can slash really well which is ideal for Chot's dribble drive offense.

Ok na din ako sa line-up na 'to for the FIBA World Championship... though for the Asian Games, I think we would need more shooters and quickness...

Hindi na dapat pa isama si Blatche, late na para pa masama siya, alam naman nating ang bureaucracy dito sa Pinas, though tingin ko maaring madaliin ng mga "honorable congressmen" natin ang naturalization process ni Blatche to get "pogi points" sa Pinoy basketball fans. Meron na silang Douhit at back-up in Slaughter at Fajardo. Ewan ko kung magagawa ni Pingris sa FIBA Wold Cup ang ginagawa niya sa PBA

Edited by thegame08
1393845800[/url]' post='9175577']

Yap averaged 9.6 ppg during the 2009 FIBA-Asia. He actually declined an invitation to play with Smart-Gilas. Walang binatbat is relative. With Chot Reyes' system, I believe he could shine. He is, after all, a two-time MVP so he should be given a chance for a spot with Smart-Gilas.

Compare his stats with lassiter and lutz during the 2010 stankovic cup and of course the 2011 fiba asia champions cup where we placed 4th overall...i dont think 9.6 is eye catching for the so called " one of the deadliest shooter in OUR league"...lets face it ...there are some high profile or star player in "OUR " league i.e arwind yap david miller caguioa who are not ...lets just say their talent isnt suitable for international competition...

I would rather pick a PJ simon over yap ....

• Like (+1) 1