• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Guest eljuego

Galing kumambiyo ... pag salpok sa dead end sabay bwerta. :lol:

I think its your thinking that's off tangent if you didn't get what I'm referreing to about the issue on hand about forcing Fajardo to play for SG despite his unwillingness to to so.

Salpok sa deadend? Sino kaya yung OT at sinasali ang Department of National Defense? laugh.gif Pero magtatanong ka nung una, why not Fajardo? Tsk tsk. Bakit mas magaling ba si Fajardo kay AVO? Sa UAAP thread, sabi mo na nakita mo na maglaro si AVO personally pero wala kang mapakitang evidence. Tsk tsk.

Edited by eljuego

Galing kumambiyo ... pag salpok sa dead end sabay bwerta. :lol:

I think its your thinking that's off tangent if you didn't get what I'm referreing to about the issue on hand about forcing Fajardo to play for SG despite his unwillingness to to so.

I think its clear kung ano un pinupunto ko at this point. It not about who is better between Fajardo and AVO.

for smart gilas to work it should follow what the philippine football association is doing. Drop alll its present roster and start hiring FIL-FOREIGNER... it works with soccer i think it will work with basketball... although we were able to qualify for the semis in the SUZUKI CUP. Are you really proud of a team compose mostly of FIL-FOREIGNER whom i doubt whether they can sing the national athem or speak a sentence in straight tagalog. out of the eleven starting unityou got 7 foreigners.... thats not the way you develope sports. we will keep on relying on those import to do the job for us. Then there in araneta who is crying foul for not letting the country host one of the two semi final games with indonesia.... heck saan m palalaruin mga yan dyan s kalye..... we don't eve have a decent football field for our players to train... if we want to strengthen our local players lets start investing in putting up decent venue for our players to practice..... maybe we should start investing there rather than look for foreigner merceneries to don our uniform and do the job that we are suppose to do in the first place.

I'm not that deep with the football team, but the core of this team has been together since the last Manila SEAG.

Was that an instant success of a hastily formed team?

If SG would drop it's present roster then form a new roster the team development would be again go back to zero level, what benefit would it give to SG?

Time rippens everything.

Na post ko a dati ung, pagkakaroon ng solidong team, sa history ng Asean Fiba, may mga team na nag2nd or 3rd runne up bago nagchampion. Ngaun kung sa case ng SG bibigyan natin ng kondisyon na pag hind nakpasok sa championship eh paltan lahat. Eh lalong mapapasama ang performance. Hayaan na lang natin ang diskarte ng management ng SG i think alam nila ang ginagawa nila.

One of the problem we face is that while there is a so-called development program, at the last minute our basketball officials would seek pba reinforcement to ensure competitiveness or a respectable finish. Unfortunately, that also would have an impact in the long run. Imagine Asi getting all the playing time supposedly of Greg the last tournament. We may be better with Asi playing Center for us but it also delayed the progress of Greg. He could have gained a lot of experience with those heavy minutes.

One of the problem we face is that while there is a so-called development program, at the last minute our basketball officials would seek pba reinforcement to ensure competitiveness or a respectable finish. Unfortunately, that also would have an impact in the long run. Imagine Asi getting all the playing time supposedly of Greg the last tournament. We may be better with Asi playing Center for us but it also delayed the progress of Greg. He could have gained a lot of experience with those heavy minutes.

SG was hoping for a medal finish to make a statement that's why SG requested for PBA reinforcements and hasten the loss of Douthit.

Players don't just develop by playing time alone training time is also neccessary. Asi is the perfect training partner for Greg since they play the same position and Asi is one of our best veteran centers and he had been part of the past NTs.

It was a mix of rookies and veterans thing, the only shot is SG should have requested reinforcements a year earlier.

SG was hoping for a medal finish to make a statement that's why SG requested for PBA reinforcements and hasten the loss of Douthit.

Players don't just develop by playing time alone training time is also neccessary. Asi is the perfect training partner for Greg since they play the same position and Asi is one of our best veteran centers and he had been part of the past NTs.

It was a mix of rookies and veterans thing, the only shot is SG should have requested reinforcements a year earlier.

That is the point, because we're are a basketball crazy nation we expect a medal finish thus at the last minute the reinforcement to plug in the weakness of this team.

First and foremost, it was clear from the start that Gilas will be a "developmental team" meaning from the start the PBA have made it clear that they would not lend their players. Having that in mind, and if the officials would really think long term by just giving these kids the exposure to gain confidence needed in future battle.

I agree with you that players don't develop by playing time alone as training is also necessary. These players got ample of training but guys like Greg for example don't have the playing time specially when Marcus is around. As such, it could have been a perfect opportunity to give him the playing time needed for esposure to gain confidence. So what if we lose now so long as we're on track to win in the Fiba Olympic qualifiers.

I don't mind sending PBA players but if we intend to as you said lets decide on it earlier. In fact I still believe that the best players we have are currently playing in the PBA. But we've also known that lack of preparation/cohesiveness is one of the reasons why we didn't do well in the past. This has been addressed with the formation of Gilas wherein the objective is for these guys to train together year-round. But suddenly, you add 3 players the last minute and I believe it could have been more if the PBA would be more than willing to extend a helping hand.

• Like (+1) 1
Guest eljuego

That is the point, because we're are a basketball crazy nation we expect a medal finish thus at the last minute the reinforcement to plug in the weakness of this team.

First and foremost, it was clear from the start that Gilas will be a "developmental team" meaning from the start the PBA have made it clear that they would not lend their players. Having that in mind, and if the officials would really think long term by just giving these kids the exposure to gain confidence needed in future battle.

I agree with you that players don't develop by playing time alone as training is also necessary. These players got ample of training but guys like Greg for example don't have the playing time specially when Marcus is around. As such, it could have been a perfect opportunity to give him the playing time needed for esposure to gain confidence. So what if we lose now so long as we're on track to win in the Fiba Olympic qualifiers.

I don't mind sending PBA players but if we intend to as you said lets decide on it earlier. In fact I still believe that the best players we have are currently playing in the PBA. But we've also known that lack of preparation/cohesiveness is one of the reasons why we didn't do well in the past. This has been addressed with the formation of Gilas wherein the objective is for these guys to train together year-round. But suddenly, you add 3 players the last minute and I believe it could have been more if the PBA would be more than willing to extend a helping hand.

Tell us something we don't know. You're stating the obvious and you're getting to be monotonous. What are you babbling about that Slaughter "don't have the playing time specially when Marcus is around"? Slaughter was given ample playing time in the Asian Games. In fact, he was the leading scorer in one of SG's games in the Asian Games. What makes you think Toroman doesn't/won't use a twin tower line-up with Slaughter and Douthit since you've been babbling about playing time for Slaughter?

Aside from lack of preparation, the main problem of the pros when they were still being sent to international tourneys was that they were not familiar with FIBA rules.

Edited by eljuego

Agree, but Greg is still not yet in the mold where Toroman wants him to be.

As for the PBA reinforcements, PBA has changed leadership only this conference, from Sonny Barrios to Chito Salud. First Barrios and Eala are not in the best of terms, meaning whatever move Eala would make for the infusion of SG to PBA would be down played by Barrios. With Eala and Salud they friends so Eala can get support anytime from the PBA

Tell us something we don't know. You're stating the obvious and you're getting to be monotonous. What are you babbling about that Slaughter "don't have the playing time specially when Marcus is around"? Slaughter was given ample playing time in the Asian Games. In fact, he was the leading scorer in one of SG's games in the Asian Games. What makes you think Toroman doesn't/won't use a twin tower line-up with Slaughter and Douthit since you've been babbling about playing time for Slaughter?

Aside from lack of preparation, the main problem of the pros when they were still being sent to international tourneys was that they were not familiar with FIBA rules.

Tell me if Greg played more minutes than Asi during the last Asian Games ... Tell me too if Greg gets heavy playing time when Marcus is around.

According to your words, Greg got "ample" playing time in the last Asian Games. "AMPLE" is quite subjective. 25-30 min is ample playing time for a star while 5-15 is ample for a reserve. I guess Greg could have gotten "more" if Asi was not around. He'll be getting the "starter's minutes". I believe the more playing time one gets the better for his development right? And did I say Toroman won't use the twin tower combi of Greg and Marcus? That is your assumption not mine. It does not necessary mean that by saying Greg gets limited playing time when Marcus is around then Toroman won't have the option of using them together. Something is wrong in your analysis here.

I agree with you that the unfamiliarity with the FIBA rules is among the main problem of sending pros. We know there is a downside to all of these. Having said that, why are you so adamant about sending pros instead of a pure amature squad to just let them develop for their quest to qualify in the 2012 Olympics? Masyado mong pinanghinayangan ang hindi pagkasama ni Yap diba.

Edited by Megaeltati
Guest eljuego

Tell me if Greg played more minutes than Asi during the last Asian Games ... Tell me too if Greg gets heavy playing time when Marcus is around.

According to your words, Greg got "ample" playing time in the last Asian Games. "AMPLE" is quite subjective. 25-30 min is ample playing time for a star while 5-15 is ample for a reserve. I guess Greg could have gotten "more" if Asi was not around. He'll be getting the "starter's minutes". I believe the more playing time one gets the better for his development right? And did I say Toroman won't use the twin tower combi of Greg and Marcus? That is your assumption not mine. It does not necessary mean that by saying Greg gets limited playing time when Marcus is around then Toroman won't have the option of using them together. Something is wrong in your analysis here.

I agree with you that the unfamiliarity with the FIBA rules is among the main problem of sending pros. We know there is a downside to all of these. Having said that, why are you so adamant about sending pros instead of a pure amature squad to just let them develop for their quest to qualify in the 2012 Olympics? Masyado mong pinanghinayangan ang hindi pagkasama ni Yap diba.

Do you have the logbook of Toroman to say that Slaughter wasn't given ample playing time? Show me. Or wala ka naman maipakita? laugh.gif

You said that Slaughter isn't being given playing time right? So I gave you a twin tower line-up scenario to show you that Slaughter can be given ample playing time. What's wrong with my analysis? Masasagot mo nga ba tong tanong na to?

Show me the post wherein, as you are alleging, I'm adamant about sending pros instead of a pure amateur squad? Talagang peithe na peithe ang spelling ah "amature" laugh.gif

Edited by eljuego
  • Like (+1) 1

Do you have the logbook of Toroman to say that Slaughter wasn't given ample playing time? Show me. Or wala ka naman maipakita? laugh.gif

You said that Slaughter isn't being given playing time right? So I gave you a twin tower line-up scenario to show you that Slaughter can be given ample playing time. What's wrong with my analysis? Masasagot mo nga ba tong tanong na to?

Show me the post wherein, as you are alleging, I'm adamant about sending pros instead of a pure amateur squad? Talagang peithe na peithe ang spelling ah "amature" laugh.gif

Sa logbook lang ba ni Toroman makukuha ang data ng playing time ni Greg? I believe there are many ways to be able to determine that don't you think. You are also a follower of SG and correct me if I'm wrong a fan of Greg as you speak highly of the guy in your post, thus am sure you know by heart the kind of minutes he gets. Nakakapanood ka naman siguro ng game ng Gilas. Is it hard to accept the fact that if there is no Marcus and Asi on the team then Greg will get more minutes than say either or both of then around? Common sense right?

Matanong ko lang, have you seen this twin tower in action or this is another personal speculation? Seems like the latter since sabi mo "can be given ample playing time" (hindi has been given ample playing time). Meaning since the time Marcus as well as the other candidates for naturalization played with Gilas, we've never seen Greg playing heavy minutes consistently. Besides don't forget what I said earlier, Toroman may have the option of playing them together, but still Greg ends up playing limited minutes.

• Like (+1) 1