Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Gilas was formed 2008 along with the PBA-Powarade team, I agree with you that we shouldn't discredit Fil-foreigns in joining NTs since they are more willing to represent PHL than our local atheletes, Taulava is still practicing with Gilas while James Yap declined to join the team for the Asian Games.

If things would go smoothly there would be a unified effort between SBP-PBA for the coming FIBA Asia joust. PBA should realize that the only way to salvage itself is the PHL success in the international arena.

I think the PBA is helping the national team before Noli Eala decided that the country does not need professional players to be loaned and begin a program by getting the finest amateur athletes... with the current situation, I think UNITY is needed to reclaim the past glory of the sport in the international scene.

been reading the recent articles of late about Gilas.

meron isa, saying that Toroman wants to tap no less than 5 PBA stars?

Kay labo naman!

I have a suggestion: why not, get the core of the TNT to represent RP supplemented by standouts from the Gilas? Meaning, 1 season, wag nang pasalihin ang TNT muna.

Sa dulo nito, pag nagkabuliyaso, ung 5 pro pa ang sisihin sa chemistry and gelling.

Kay labo!

Kay labo naman!

I have a suggestion: why not, get the core of the TNT to represent RP supplemented by standouts from the Gilas? Meaning, 1 season, wag nang pasalihin ang TNT muna.

Sa dulo nito, pag nagkabuliyaso, ung 5 pro pa ang sisihin sa chemistry and gelling.

Kay labo!

might work considering that TNT has been together for quite some time...maybe 5 or 6 from TNT and the rest from the Gilas team. peek, carey, williams, dillinger, alapag and ryan reyes plus chris tiu, casio and 4 other standouts.

question now is who handles the team? toroman or reyes?

Kay labo naman!

Kay labo!

Toroman is requesting the PBA to lend 4 to 5 PBA pros with a plea to let these pros be released from their mother clubs up to FIBA-Asia, so that they could focus solely on Gilas.

Sana lang makasama sa 5 sina Ronald Tubid (asar-defense and scoring on either slashing or shooting), Jimmy Alapag (since they need a PG, speed is his advantage as seen on his previous NT stint) and Ranidel de Ocampo.

I thought that forming a team with COLLEGIATE STANDOUT was the purpose of SMART GILAS..... IT seems like SMART GILAS has sabotage FEU's UAAP campaign....remember that for the past three years FEW has invested a lot for this team having 3 - 4 players practicing with the team.... might as well disband this team and hire the players from the PBA....

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't heard nor read an article on Fajardo while I read about AVO. Besides, I trust Frankie Lim's recruiting instincts. Ask Frankie Lim or Toroman why theyr'e not considering Fajardo.

Ano kaya nangyari at si Fajardo ang nabanggit ngayon at nawala si AVO laugh.gif

The SBP is looking to add young players Kiefer Ravena, Amer Baser, Bobby Ray Parks and Junmar Fajardo.

http://www.philstar....ubCategoryId=69

Edited by Megaeltati

kailangan nila 3 consistent na big men... as always ito ang problema natin...

kaya nga they need a legit back-up center (Asi and Thoss-can play both 5 & 4 positions) and a rebounding 4 (Williams), and hope also that Douthit would be mature enough that he is the focal point of the team, thus he can't be thrown out in a game in the 1st quarter. It did made the difference in the finals game in Dubai Cup. Sayang kung inaksyunan sana agad ni Penoy ung naturalization ni Douthit, kaya lang pending pa din inuna pa ang Porsche at Lexxus (pano kaya nabili un e 60k lng payslip nya... Hindi nga sya magnanakaw)...

Thus a marked and good improvement on the Gilas team...

• 2 weeks later...