Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

a very interesting article...very well said by baylon. i believe this is where the problem in forming a competitive philippine team lies..."corporate rivalry"!!!

http://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/news/jb-baylon-gilas-pilipinas-pba-basketball-corporate-rivalry-manny-pangilinan-ramon-ang

Today is final bid presentations from both the Philippines and China followed by the announcement of the host nation for the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup
the press conference is held in Tokyo, Japan.
http://oi58.tinypic.com/28cdglv.jpg
http://oi60.tinypic.com/dh8v2h.jpg
http://oi60.tinypic.com/kd4jki.jpg

wil this be televised?

Here is the complete transcript of the Presentation for #PUSO2019

The Philippine delegation to the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup hosting rights awarding ceremony has finished its final presentation and will undergo a closed door question and answer session before the FIBA panel votes for the candidate country that will become the host.

Here is the transcript of the speeches made by members of the Philippine delegation, which includes Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas president Manuel V. Pangilinan and actor Lou Diamond Phillips.

Manuel V. Pangilinan:

President Horacio Moratore, Mr Patrick Baumann, my colleagues on the FIBA Central Board, distinguished guests. Good afternoon to all of you. Mabuhay.

In my life, I’ve had the privilege to be part of many momentous occasions. I’ve worked with heads of state and built companies from the ground up. But as I stand here before you today to introduce our bid, I have to say from my heart, this is the proudest day of my life.

Our vision is to make a quantum leap for the World Cup, to sweep not only the Philippines but the world in basketball euphoria as 100 million Filipinos locally and 10 million more Filipinos abroad to bare their love for the sport and ignite that love all over the world.

Simply put, we are people in love with basketball. This is our story.

Lou Diamond Phillips:

I said ‘Puso’ is the major reason this will be the best FIBA World Cup yet. And now we just have 15 minutes to tell you why.

We’ll tell you about the amazing venues, infrastructure and technical ability we have in place to deliver a flawless World Cup. But operational necessities don’t mean success. Yes, they matter. They have to be there. Rock solid. But they are not the things that will create a true watershed in the history of our game.

Those things alone cannot deliver the quantum leap that our FIBA Basketball World Cup so richly deserves. And that is what we plan to do, What you want to do.

So what is that would make the Philippines hosting 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup so unique? You are going to meet the greatest basketball afns in the world. You’re going to discover why the Philippines provides the perfect environment for this World Cup Something that you can’t manufacture. It’s authentic. It’s very real and it’s like nowhere else.

And most of all, we want to demonstrate why the Philippines hosted World Cup give you, FIBA, a unique opportunity to turn millions of new fans on to our wonderful game.

So let me take you by the hand and show you where I was born. Welcome to the Philippines, a place where wherever we go, you will see what it truly means when an entire country is in love with our game. And how that love becomes essential to a nation that has embraced the power of social media like no other. And we tell ourselves, this is what a FIBA Basketball World Cup is for, an opportunity to amplify our game around the world. This is our chance, your chance, to make that happen.

In the Philippines the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup will be riding on a wave of energy, joy and love, created by the greatest and most connected basketball fans on Earth. Think about what that means. In a world where so much divides us, here’s a spirit that unites us. Welcome us in with smiles, laughter, open arms.

Think what the camera will see wherever it turns. A magical atmosphere in packed arenas. A true celebration of our sport. And I’m not just taling about the people in my country. I’m talking about the millions of Filipinos around the world who will create the biggest basketball conversation on social media that anyone has ever seen.

One nation. One heart. One incredible party.

But don’t think this passion comes without a crystal clear understanding of what’s required operationally. Our country has come of age. We’re emerging as an economic powerhouse in Asia, full of innovation, creativity, know-how. Everyone and everything is united by one desire – to deliver the greatest World Cup ever staged anywhere. A quantum leap for the sport’s showcase event.

So it comes straight from my heart when I say to you: This country is born to host the 2019 FIBA World Cup. And we’re ready. Now.

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/puso-2019-transcripts-philippine-delegation-speeches-to-fiba-central-board

nice try by the philippines. unfortunately, i think it all boiled down to the numbers, infrastructures and the capability to host a tournament of worldwide magnitude against the passion and heart of the philippines. imo, the fiba board took the safe way in choosing china rather than take the risk of choosing a small country which could not even boast of a world class airport. china offered 8 world class cities. how can we even beat that? sad to say but this is the reality. nothing to be ashamed though. we gave it a good shot. pabagsakin na lang natin ang china sa fiba asia!!! LABAN PILIPINAS!!!

Sayang....

4 years from now....yun mga asian NBA players....e.g haddadi and yi jianlian...palaos na....ala naman akong nakikinitang mga future asian NBA players...samantalang tayo....baka by that time meron na ...si kobe paras....sarap sana mapanood ng live kung dito gaganapin....

we had our chance. maganda naman yung pitch/presentation natin. hayyy. maybe it is not yet our time

our passion is there. given na yun. pero mabigat din kasi yung experience and facilities na meron ang China in hosting these kinds of events

focus nalang sa practice ng Gilas. kaya yan. makakapasok tayo sa FIBA WC #puso2019

The FIBA decision on which country will host the next Basketball World Cup was based on four key areas:
1. Vision and concept
2. Experience in hosting events
3. Basketball history in the country
4. Cities and venues
CLzNcDJUAAAzpHj.jpg

It would have been a blast had we been chosen. Putting things in perspective, at least, China will be one less hurdle to qualifying for the FIBA Worlds in 2019. Mukhang makakalaro si Blatche.

exactly...not sure about the new format for the 2019 fiba world but how many will represent asia?

I think it's 5 countries.

So that means china as host plus 5 more or 5 countries including the host? Nonetheless, unlike the old format where the top 3 in the fiba asia qualify for the fiba world, i think we still have a chance to qualify given the addition of 2 more additional countries. LABAN PILIPINAS!

in reality ang meron lang tayo eh PUSO. yung china may magagandang venues,maayos na airport at malaking market.

exactly what i earlier wrote. It was a matter of existing world class structures, airports, roads against passion. while we really wanted to host it, can we honestly say that we have the capability to host a tournament of mega proportion? not to belittle what we have but let's face reality...it's not yet our time. maybe next time. i still feel we can barge and qualify for the 2019 fiba world.

• Like (+1) 1

Nakita raw sa Google ng FIBA board kung gaano ka-trapik sa EDSA at papuntang MOA arena at Phillipine Arena Hehe! Hirap boycotin ng Chinese foods...

mukhang malabo yata yan. pancit at siopao lang nagkalat na hehehe honestly it just boiled down to what both countries have to offer. while admittedly we have the heart and passion, china has all what it takes to stage the biggest basketball tourney in the world. probably an added motivation for gilas 3.0 - beat china in their homecourt and represent the lone spot for asia in the 2016 olympics.