Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

pwede as long as pasok yun height niya sa ceiling ng import for that particular conference and willing siya to sign within the salary cap for imports.

He is already a naturalize Filipino, so i think he is is no longer considered as a import but as a local player. Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Edited by skywalker826

He is already a naturalize Filipino, so i think he is is no longer considered as a import but as a local player. Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

pwedeng gawing loophole yan ah,laking advantage nyan if ever

There is already a precedent on this. Marcus Douthit played as an import for the Air 21 Express during the 2012 Commissioner's Cup.

According to a newspaper article, it's between Baldwin and Gregorio. Although both have been with the Gilas program, I'm leaning towards Baldwin because Gregorio has never been a head coach of a Philippine team while Baldwin has led New Zealand to a semifinals appearance in the 2002 FIBA-Worlds as its head coach. Baldwin had also been head coach of the Lebanese and Jordanian national basketball teams.

Correct, 'Twas trimmed down to two: but the other one is Coach Jong...

https://ph.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/sharp-shooter/the-case-for-tab-baldwin-as-gilas-coach-045139724.html

Just go with baldwin...then tap those players from college or high school...PBA players would be used as last minute addition naman eh...just imagine j.teng, k ravena von opstal, newsome, rayray parks and kung susuwertihin tayo si kobe paras playing and practicing in our national pool....di ba mas maganda yun?

Problema lang dyan pag papasok na mga PBA players natin for sure may papalitan sa kanila....

you have a full time coach, but do you have full time players? will the program work if you have less time to practice? if we really want to excel or at least be competitive, they should spend more time practicing and getting used to the system the coach wants. we cannot be a cohesive team by practicing after each PBA season, that's just too little of a time to prepare.

:rolleyes:

Bad news for the future bigman of Batang Gilas and Gilas in general . Ethan Kirkness the 12 yr old 6'5 Fil-Aussie who came here in the Philippines with his family to try his luck on basketball . Schools and scouts from all hues, directions, and affiliations invited Ethan to training, aiming to scrutinize him and make their offers. He reportedly went to San Beda, Ateneo, NU, and De La Salle among others. Sadly, nobody was able to make the right offer.

http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/sports/20141031/ethan-kirkness-3.jpg

He and his family are now back in Australia and sadly MAY not comeback. This is the message from his father Michael.

"Hi. I don.t think anyone will take such a big gamble with Ethan because of his circumstances, so we are going to stay in Australia. He has been accepted in to the National Performance Program, which identifies athletes for Basketball Australia.s future teams. He is the only 12 year old in the squad. Thank you for trying to help us. God bless you."

link

Wow!!! At 12 and already standing 6'5"?! Sayang!!! By the time he reaches his prime he probably will be another gregzilla.

bka nman malaki ang askin price kya wlang kumuha... no one knows!

pero sayang he could be an ACE for Gilas ^_^

oh well,grabe kung umasta family eh superstar na ,enewi buti as early as now eh bumitaw na,he is after all an aussie first,filipino second. nagwawater lang mga highschool scouts dito kasi 6 5 tapos 12 pa lang..but then again 7 4 si raul dillo hindi rin napakinabangan ang height sa basketball..marami namang magaling na homegrown eh.
  • 4 weeks later...

My wish list for the Gilas Dozen of TB:

Tenorio

Slaughter

Fajardo

Aguilar

Lee

Chan

Belga

Pingris

Barroca

Blatche

Norwood

Abueva

Coach TB will have a hard time forming his guard rotation. There's a rich pool of talented guards to choose. Add from the list above the following as candidates: Jayvee Casio, Kevin Alas, Matt Ganuelas, and Stanley Pringle

Casio could be a candidate since he was part of Gilas under Toroman but whoever Tab chooses will fit into

Will Kobe Paras be our version of Lebron James? The kid is phenomenal and he is a big reason why his team is the San Fernando Valley champion. I believe he made the mythical five of that tournament.

Methinks Kobe could be the future of RP basketball. But right now, hilaw pa at kelangang pahinugin pa. He's a mythical 5 in a recent US tournament alright, but that was just a pocket tourney. He wasn't even the go-to-guy in the FIBA-under age he joined.But he has since improved tremendously.Medyo patitibayin pa ng experience...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Medyo worried ako until now hindi pa nabubuo yung team natin samantalang yung ibang asian countries na makakalaban nila nakapagsimula na magtraining. Hindi pa sigurado kung makukuha ni coach tab lahat ng players na gusto nya dahil sa lumabas na news na nagka-initan sila ng ilang boss ng SMC teams. Kailangan seryosohin na ito dahil tapos na ang transition period ng China gusto na nilang bumawi lalo na at home court pa nila.

Eto naman lineup ko:

1. Blatched - Sya pinaka-alas natin against china dahil nakapaglaro sya dun kaya may idea sya sa mga players nila.

2. Fajardo

3. Pingris

4. Aguilar

5. De Ocampo

6. Norwood

7. Castro

8. Lee

9. Chan

10. Barocca or Casio (may chance pa kaya si LA?)

11. Terence Romeo (Gary David mukhang wala na sa radar ni coach tab)

12. Abueva (Gin king fan ako pero mas ok sakin si abueva kaysa kay slaughter eh)

Outside shooting pa din ang weapon natin gaya nung sa fiba world cup kaya dapat malupit din ang pumalit kay Jimmy A.