• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

come on guys even with the two filam in the lineup can you still believe we could beat china?,,,, and maybe in the future iran?,.... di naman seven footer tong dalawa.... target natin ay 3rd place n lang.... even if we play both korea and japan we will have a very difficult time matching up with them.... then there is lebanon and jordan to contend with....another match up problem for us.... e this team was form not three years ago but was form this month with the inclusion of pba players.... nasaan n mga original n players from the collegiate rank? TOROMAN know very well that we are overmatch practically in all position if face the top teams in asia.... thats why they rely heavily on marcus and players from the PBA.... even dondon hontiveros knows n mahihirapan tayo s wuhan thats why he quits citing fatigue... heck cya lang b ang naglalaro ng basketbal na ganoon katagal.... remember that players who played in the NBA played a minimum 82 games in a year if you are a starter no counting games played in the playoff....s pba max games by TNT is around 60 games and that for a team that qualify in the finals for the three conferences... kung mamalasin k at d makaqualify team mo you got to play 40 games max.... ang layo ng standard ng international competition from us.... so let stop kidding ourselves that we are still the best one on one players in asia.... i don't see any players drafted or invited by the NBA from the current roster of FILIPINO PLAYERS IN ANY LEAGUE HERE IN OUR COUNTRY

i believe the problem here lies that there are two legit pinoy players that were not allowed to play citing ineligibility.

ur gripe is about the quality of players that we have which were never invited by any nba team (off topic ka brother) or the pba players being lent to the smart gilas squad. (eh sino gusto maglaro?)

or better yet us beating china, lebanon, iran, south korea? cmon man, have a break, let the team do its job. bilog ang bola. may nanalo at may natatalo. whether dinadaya ka o pinupulitika ka. be a good sport.

criticize the game. not your country's team.

Seems like bball really is a big man's game, after watchng eurobasket na realize k talaga yan. I was thnking tho y not put up a program that would include genetics? I mean maybe we coulx let asi, slaughter, marcus and japeth impregnate a tall athletic woman from say... zimbabwe or tonga? May papayag naman for sure bayaran na lang ni mvp. Imagine the future of that team? Tangkad gilas na yun! Then train them in serbia ayus yun! And maybe then, just maybe. We could start dreaming again!

Seems like bball really is a big man's game, after watchng eurobasket na realize k talaga yan. I was thnking tho y not put up a program that would include genetics? I mean maybe we coulx let asi, slaughter, marcus and japeth impregnate a tall athletic woman from say... zimbabwe or tonga? May papayag naman for sure bayaran na lang ni mvp. Imagine the future of that team? Tangkad gilas na yun! Then train them in serbia ayus yun! And maybe then, just maybe. We could start dreaming again!

That's a joke of course. But there are other options. Team USA has no 7-footer coz the tallest is only 6'11". So they compensate it with athleticism.

nice comeback and a big win by gilas. guess we can't deny the value of lassiter and lutz. i may not be very optimistic about our chances in this wuhan tournament (considering that only one slot is at stake), but hey...we are filipinos here and let's cheer for the philippine team. it's our team. let's go pilipinas!!!

come on guys even with the two filam in the lineup can you still believe we could beat china?,,,, and maybe in the future iran?,.... di naman seven footer tong dalawa.... target natin ay 3rd place n lang.... even if we play both korea and japan we will have a very difficult time matching up with them.... then there is lebanon and jordan to contend with....another match up problem for us.... e this team was form not three years ago but was form this month with the inclusion of pba players.... nasaan n mga original n players from the collegiate rank? TOROMAN know very well that we are overmatch practically in all position if face the top teams in asia.... thats why they rely heavily on marcus and players from the PBA.... even dondon hontiveros knows n mahihirapan tayo s wuhan thats why he quits citing fatigue... heck cya lang b ang naglalaro ng basketbal na ganoon katagal.... remember that players who played in the NBA played a minimum 82 games in a year if you are a starter no counting games played in the playoff....s pba max games by TNT is around 60 games and that for a team that qualify in the finals for the three conferences... kung mamalasin k at d makaqualify team mo you got to play 40 games max.... ang layo ng standard ng international competition from us.... so let stop kidding ourselves that we are still the best one on one players in asia.... i don't see any players drafted or invited by the NBA from the current roster of FILIPINO PLAYERS IN ANY LEAGUE HERE IN OUR COUNTRY

well, nanalo ang GILAS over JORDAN, thanks to the defense of LUTZ and the defense/offense of LASSITER.. sa pagkawala ng dalawang ito, hindi lang 5th position ang naging kulang sa atin, pati SG position. malaking bagay ung steal ni LASSITER with 2mins left in the 4th, dahil dun nakakuha ng foul si DOUTHIT to increase their lead to four.

then there comes LEBANON. in the first place, kung hindi sila takot sa PHI team... bakit pa sila nagprotest? there's something in the team na alam nilang mahihirapan sila.

tomorrow, GILAS will face JAPAN.. whatever happens, pasok na ang team sa quarterfinals.. but still, we want to see the PHI winning..

we may lack in height, and these two players may lack the height you're saying... but they have the heart and the talent to defend and shoot.. and that's what we're needing right now.

If PH wins against Japan, PH will likely place 2nd in Group F and will have an easier task of facing Chinese Taipeh (which is expected to place 3rd in Group E) in the quarterfinals. If PH loses against Japan, it will be a relatively harder task of facing Korea in the quarterfinals.

If PH is lucky enough to make it to the semi-finals, it will likely be facing Iran.

I may be dreaming but if PH is able to hurdle either Iran or China, it would mean one or two of its players deserve to be in the NBA.

salamat po sa sumagot, so talagang kelangan mag champion tayo para makapasok sa 2012 olympics,

Napansin ko lang, masyadong pessimistic ang mga nagco comment, anyway di natin sila masisi, but at least , let us thank MVP for doing a great job in supporting yung sports programs natin dito sa pinas, nakita ko siya kanina sa audience at tuwang tuwa siya, dahil nag paid off yung paperworks na ginawa nya para makapaglaro yung mga fil-ams natin,

I win in Japan bukas will put a real "psychological" advantage sa mga future opponents natin, sana mas suwertehin lang si Alapag,

Nakakabilib din si Douthit, kahit hindi siya Pinoy , at kahit he's there dahil it's his Job, pero nakakabilib, mas Pinoy talaga yung puso nya, compared sa mga previous superstars natin na pagdating sa international games biglang nagkaka injury kuno,

Suportahan natin mga kabayan ang SMART-GILAS, pumasok man o hindi, unti unti bumabalik yung takot sa atin ng ibang countries, hindi man tayo mag champion, pero sa tulong tulong na effort ng mga basketball enthusiast, at sa suporta nating mga fans, hindi magdadalawang isip ang mga businessman na suportahan ang sports program natin,

you could also see watching fiba europe why macedonia made it to the top 4 for the first time even beating the much bigger lithuania. during our glory days di ba ala din taung malalaki instead we have a lot of good shooters.. un kulang sa tin outside shooting. we can compsensate for our lack of height with great hustles but we can not score a basket because our game is solely based on pick and roles and slashing inside. kung may outside shooting yan magopen up ng maraming opportunities. maganda interior defense natin sa china. kaso ala naman taung opensa balewala din. kaya dapat hanapin natin mga kalahi nila caidic co at adornado..

If PH wins against Japan, PH will likely place 2nd in Group F and will have an easier task of facing Chinese Taipeh (which is expected to place 3rd in Group E) in the quarterfinals. If PH loses against Japan, it will be a relatively harder task of facing Korea in the quarterfinals.

If PH is lucky enough to make it to the semi-finals, it will likely be facing Iran.

I may be dreaming but if PH is able to hurdle either Iran or China, it would mean one or two of its players deserve to be in the NBA.

japan is much better now kesa dati.. pero what ive noticed is parang pinas lang din ang laro nila.. no big men but they compensate it with quickness. ang problema mas consisitent sila sa outside shooting kesa sa atin.. if we can neutralize ung slashing plays nila and ung perimeter offense nila. and magamit natin si douthit sa ilaim.. we can beat them.. and we can say na malaki ang chance natin para sa top 4.

i think, sa laban against JAPAN... mas maging aggressive si kelly williams, siya ang may malaking chance maka dish out ng foul from opponents.. kailangan niya ng power play and slashing sa game.

then lassiter and lutz, must play defense like what they did against JORDAN..

kailangan din magconnect o swertehin tayo sa outside shots natin..

plus, give japeth aguilar playing time.. or atleast subukan ni coach kung magiging effective siya sa game na yun. like what happened against bharain.