Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

I've seen all Smart Gilas games in this tournament live. I have learned to appreciate the beauty of the Gilas game.

Tonight, neither DonDon nor Tiu could get open. They were defended well by the Iranians. The Iranians tried to contain JV Casio but they failed. That guy plays with the heart of a lion. Asi was a non-factor tonight. Fact is, Asi is in the team coz of defense and rebounding. When Asi is in the court, the pick and roll which usually works between JV and Douthit, ceases to become an option. Baracael defended Williams well in the first half but he played poor defense in the 2nd. Japeth played decently. Marcus missed some freebies and open shots be he and Casio are the backbone of this team.

With Alapag and Kelly Williams joining the team, I surmise Ababou and Ballesteros will have to give way. Another big guy, perhaps Joe DeVance, could really help the team in the long run. Devance could replace either Barroca or Baracael.

Smart Gilas has a very bright future ahead. The correct systems is in place. It just needs to continue playing bravely for the country. In the same manner, we owe it to our love of country and our love of basketball to support Gilas. They have done us proud in this tournament and hopefully, they will continue to do so in the future.

#Go Gilas!

I've seen all Smart Gilas games in this tournament live. I have learned to appreciate the beauty of the Gilas game.

Tonight, neither DonDon nor Tiu could get open. They were defended well by the Iranians. The Iranians tried to contain JV Casio but they failed. That guy plays with the heart of a lion. Asi was a non-factor tonight. Fact is, Asi is in the team coz of defense and rebounding. When Asi is in the court, the pick and roll which usually works between JV and Douthit, ceases to become an option. Baracael defended Williams well in the first half but he played poor defense in the 2nd. Japeth played decently. Marcus missed some freebies and open shots be he and Casio are the backbone of this team.

With Alapag and Kelly Williams joining the team, I surmise Ababou and Ballesteros will have to give way. Another big guy, perhaps Joe DeVance, could really help the team in the long run. Devance could replace either Barroca or Baracael.

Smart Gilas has a very bright future ahead. The correct systems is in place. It just needs to continue playing bravely for the country. In the same manner, we owe it to our love of country and our love of basketball to support Gilas. They have done us proud in this tournament and hopefully, they will continue to do so in the future.

#Go Gilas!

si baracael parang lutang kanina sa laro. nakakainis panoorin. dami travelling on both sides. d tnatawag ng refs. nice to hear alapag and williams will be joining the team

Ang daming at sangkatutak ang 3 second violations ng Iran. Nangingitlog sa shaded area. Pero iba talaga ang matangkad (na maabilidad). Basketball is really a big man's game.(malaking factor)

Sayang na sayang! Rallied from 7 points down to just two in under a minute. Actually, dapat malaki ang lamang natin kaso hindi makapag pasok ng long shots ang ating mga boys. Inabot ng alat ang shooting ng buong team and kung sana kapareho lang kahapon ang shooting, baka tigbak ang Iran. Sayang na sayang, eliminated na tayo sa championship. Come to think of it, sa loob ng Philsport, para hindi natin hometown sa ingay ng mga Iranians. Dami palang mga Iranians sa ating bansa!

1. We really need at least two more big men. Kapag napagod or na foul trouble sina Douhit at Japeth, wala na! Si Taulava, although he has a big heart, talagang matanda na at ang babang tumalon.

2. During this tournament, we should have recruited at least two more big men. Nagulat lang ako sa Iran, inspite of their government sinasabing demonyo ang America, dalawa ang Americans nila.

3. Masakit man, talagang big men game ang basketball

Overall, my hats off para sa Team Smart Gilas. Maski natalo, you gave all you have para sa ating bansa. Good luck sa future roles ninyo for the Philippines! MABUHAY!!!

I AGREE!!!

We still have to improve on the following:

1. accuracy on outside shots (low percentage)

2. consistency on the intensity of plays game after game

3. one or two more athletic big men

With the inclusion of Alapag and Williams, am sure Smart Gilas will improve.

2 more of a kelly williams type of player and we're good. sayang talaga. we have a good program i thnk hiring coach Rajko was a step in the right direction. now more than ever basketball

is indeed a big man's game. joe devance doesnt have the nerves of steel to be on this team. Id pick sonny thoss over him any given day. tapos training ko na lang hehelaugh.gif....

who knows maybe in 3 or even 5 year's time basta intact ang program at suportado we will be back in the big league the way IRAN did. Next up is SEABA sure na yan. Go Gilas!!

2 more of a kelly williams type of player and we're good. sayang talaga. we have a good program i thnk hiring coach Rajko was a step in the right direction. now more than ever basketball

is indeed a big man's game. joe devance doesnt have the nerves of steel to be on this team. Id pick sonny thoss over him any given day. tapos training ko na lang hehelaugh.gif....

who knows maybe in 3 or even 5 year's time basta intact ang program at suportado we will be back in the big league the way IRAN did. Next up is SEABA sure na yan. Go Gilas!!

The thing is Thoss does not have a good perimeter game that could extend to 15-18 ft away from the basket. Devance is more athletic/agile too which is badly needed to defend against the BIGS of Asia

yes lets us dream and always dream. again pba players will they actually stick it out?

as much as i want to support this team, i already lost my heart for this. till now reasons and reasons , unending tales of position that needs to filled, roles needs to be patch . . . players that we dont have.

after this stint . . . its another round of telenovela chapters again

yes lets us dream and always dream. again pba players will they actually stick it out?

as much as i want to support this team, i already lost my heart for this. till now reasons and reasons , unending tales of position that needs to filled, roles needs to be patch . . . players that we dont have.

after this stint . . . its another round of telenovela chapters again

Am also thinking mas magada sigurong i-disband na ang team. Nowhere to go. Stop dreaming. Those Middle Eastern teams are not that strong as compared with the giants of Asia.......China, South Korean, sometimes Japan, Iran, and sometimes Israel. We dont stand a chance. Masakit man sabihin and parang nagiging negative (mahal ko ang team) pero that's the truth. Nothing but the real truth. Ang liliit na nga, walang pang permanenteng players.

i think my future naman ang Smart Gilas Team ntin...

Dragon, hopefully, hopefully, Sorry naging medyo negative ako. Dapat kasi ang isang national team parating yun ng yun ang players so they will know each other very well. The case kasi sa Smart, kapag may PBA na, iba na ang players nila. Taulava is retiring this September. Yung ibang malalaking sentro, ayaw sa team. But I do acknowledge na they give their body, heart, and mind sa nakaraan FIBA championships. Saludo ako duon. Kitang kita naman natin ang sakit ng katawan inabot nila.Pero..............kulang lang talaga sa big men na ma abilidad.

i dont get this point, sa dami dami ng staff meron ang gilas kahit na scouting ng players. wala ba talagang makuha players ang pilipinas maliban sa nasa pba, uaap , ncaa, at an pang commercial league?

kung marami fil am, maraming nasa iba pang bansa ano ba ginagawa natin?

problema kse sinasabi training pool, development ng players . . . pero ang totoo naghahanap sila ng players na anytime salpak na lang or pasok sa lineup at aasahan na gagawa sya ng instant.

maliban sa hilig natin na telenovela , mahilig pa tayo sa instant. kaya mabenta ang instant noodle sa atin kahit nakakalason kain pa rin ng kain!

Si Asi nga talaga ang malaking factor sa pagkapanalo kanina (2 points lamang) ng Gilas. Sayang nga lang at sabi ni Asi hanggang September na lang siya maglalaro internationally at retire na siya sa international competition. Bugbog na raw ang matandang katawan niya.

Sana lang, kahit mag retire si Asi sa international competition, or even the PBA, he would still play an active part in the Philippine basketball development as some sort of a skills coach to out up coming big men like Junmar Fajardo or Greg Slaughter. Malaki maitutulong nila in sharing his experience in developing their talents.

Nandun pa ba si Slaughter sa Gilas? Si Fajardo, nasaan na?

Si Greg na supposedly one of the BIG guys that can bang with the BIGS of other Asian teams ay hindi isinama sa final 12 ng FIBA Champions Cup. Mukhang sa Ateneo it nag concentrate maglaro for the UAAP season.

Si Junmar naman hindi talaga siya eversince napasama sa Gilas.