Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

2 games in, kahit tinambakan ang kalaban on both occasions.....why am I not impressed with Gilas?

For one Coach Toroman was given the right to choose which group he wants the team to play. Obviously he decided to be in the lighter group.

For me, their performance in this tournament can indicate how "competitive" this team will be in the FIBA ASIA. If we don't win this tourney, then I guess it would be a tall order to expect them to win in the FIBA ASIA and achieve its GOAL of qualifying for the Olympics.

Edited by Megaeltati

2 games in, kahit tinambakan ang kalaban on both occasions.....why am I not impressed with Gilas?

=========================================================

Well, I think siguro that the other teams are "Club" teams and our own Gilas is a "National" team. Dapat talaga tambakan yung kalaban all because Pinoy is an "all-star" team.

=========================================================

Well, I think siguro that the other teams are "Club" teams and our own Gilas is a "National" team. Dapat talaga tambakan yung kalaban all because Pinoy is an "all-star" team.

actually, nde sa ganun.

i guess ang hinahanap ko is ung flawlessness ng plays nila

for example, last night, sangkatutak na 3-point shots pero ang baba ng shooting percentage, at madami dun is coming off nicely executed plays, ang daming turnovers

ika nga, ang daming errors at karamihan pa unforced.....buti na lang ung mga kalaban sadyang mahina

actually, nde sa ganun.

i guess ang hinahanap ko is ung flawlessness ng plays nila

for example, last night, sangkatutak na 3-point shots pero ang baba ng shooting percentage, at madami dun is coming off nicely executed plays, ang daming turnovers

ika nga, ang daming errors at karamihan pa unforced.....buti na lang ung mga kalaban sadyang mahina

Actually rin, same here. Nakita ko maglaro ang South Korea and Japan national teams, very accurate sila sa long toms and 3 point shots at ang bibilis. Para ngang kulang sa long snipes ang Gilas. But congratulations sa laban nila kanina vs. Jordan. Very tight and sobra seesaw ang scores. Buti na lang gumana ang long toms ni birthday boy Dondon Hontiveros. But good team effort. Kulang talaga sa shooting.

tingin ko... parang ang lamya maglaro ng import ng pilipinas, ni ayaw magrebound.. mas aggressive pa nga si asi pag siya ang nasa loob.

Si Asi nga talaga ang malaking factor sa pagkapanalo kanina (2 points lamang) ng Gilas. Sayang nga lang at sabi ni Asi hanggang September na lang siya maglalaro internationally at retire na siya sa international competition. Bugbog na raw ang matandang katawan niya.

Si Asi nga talaga ang malaking factor sa pagkapanalo kanina (2 points lamang) ng Gilas. Sayang nga lang at sabi ni Asi hanggang September na lang siya maglalaro internationally at retire na siya sa international competition. Bugbog na raw ang matandang katawan niya.

dito ako bilib kay asi.. pag sa pba parang ang tanda na niya maglaro, hirap na siya makashoot o rebound. pero pag pinasok na siya sa national team 100% ibibigay niya ang kaya niya.

HIndi sila naglalaro...

Concentrate muna sila sa grand slam bid ng TnT tapos saka sila sasali sa team pag laban sa FIBA ASIA

hindi ba request ni toroman is on loan for 2-3 months, continuous?

also, last night dikitan at hindi tambakan but I liked the way they played last night.

tama ka photographer, may alat lang ng konti sa perimeter shooting. That happens, especially kung defense oriented ang team na kalaban

what i liked is the speed and crispness of the plays, minimized ang errors, tsaka taas ng rebounding

last night's gilas is the team na may potential

hindi ba request ni toroman is on loan for 2-3 months, continuous?

Yes yun ang gusto ni Toroman pero Commish Salud has set a guideline for players to be on loan to Gilas

Commissioner Chito Salud was steadfast in saying that the rule of the PBA must be followed. He said:

“The players borrowed by Smart Gilas retained the option of playing in the third conference provided that if they decide to play, it’s from start to finish. And if they decide not to play, it’s from start to finish. But there’s no question that they will play for the national team by September.”

Here is an article ... http://www.ballerspinas.com/2011/05/jimmy-alapag-and-kelly-williams-might.html

Hmmmm.. looks like a SANTOS-HONTIVEROS swap! :)

Air 21 allowed Dondon Hontiveros to focus on Gilas stint, but here's the catch: He's on a trading block (unconfirmed, but highly probable)

Read below the Dean's article published today at Philstar:

Big trade brewing

SPORTING CHANCE By Joaquin Henson

Zoom A one-for-one trade is being negotiated in the PBA at the moment and if the two parties agree, it may be consummated within the next three days. No other considerations are involved. A reliable source said yesterday the swap is strictly one player for another.

What’s interesting is that the players involved are both versatile. One player is more known as a two-guard and a deadly outside shooter who can also drive strong to the hole. The other is essentially a shooting forward who can play two, three and even four because of his height.

Both players are three-point bombers. One is an extremely high leaper who can slam the ball with either hand or both – at the same time. The other is a crafty veteran and an adequate defender.

If the trade pushes through, it won’t be the first time for the players. One player has been in the league since 2005-06, switching uniforms thrice while the other turned pro in 2000 and is on his third team.

The players expect to get a boost in their careers with the deal. Curiously, one player will go back to his original team if the trade is signed, sealed and delivered.

Hmmmm.. looks like a SANTOS-HONTIVEROS swap! :)

malabo maging santos-hontiveros ito.. isa lang sa nasa blind item ang babalik sa dati niyang team. kung sila ito, pareho silang babalik sa dati nilang team. and twice palang nagpalit ng team si arwind since nung naging burger king ang air21, wala na siya nun. ganito itong trade na ito.

Dondon Hontiveros: more known as a two-guard and a deadly outside shooter who can also drive strong to the hole. a crafty veteran and an adequate defender. turned pro in 2000 and is on his third team (tanduay, smb, air21).

Nino Canaleta: a shooting forward who can play two, three and even four because of his height. an extremely high leaper who can slam the ball with either hand or both – at the same time. has been in the league since 2005-06, switching uniforms thrice (air21, purefoods, bmeg). apparently, he will go back to air21 where he started his pba career.

pero since, nasa air21 na si canaleta (thru devance trade), hindi na matutuloy ito.

Sayang na sayang! Rallied from 7 points down to just two in under a minute. Actually, dapat malaki ang lamang natin kaso hindi makapag pasok ng long shots ang ating mga boys. Inabot ng alat ang shooting ng buong team and kung sana kapareho lang kahapon ang shooting, baka tigbak ang Iran. Sayang na sayang, eliminated na tayo sa championship. Come to think of it, sa loob ng Philsport, para hindi natin hometown sa ingay ng mga Iranians. Dami palang mga Iranians sa ating bansa!

1. We really need at least two more big men. Kapag napagod or na foul trouble sina Douhit at Japeth, wala na! Si Taulava, although he has a big heart, talagang matanda na at ang babang tumalon.

2. During this tournament, we should have recruited at least two more big men. Nagulat lang ako sa Iran, inspite of their government sinasabing demonyo ang America, dalawa ang Americans nila.

3. Masakit man, talagang big men game ang basketball

Overall, my hats off para sa Team Smart Gilas. Maski natalo, you gave all you have para sa ating bansa. Good luck sa future roles ninyo for the Philippines! MABUHAY!!!