Scuba Diving And/or Snorkelling

goldgreen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Haven't been diving also. My last dive was back in November, 2009. I need to dive a LOT this year

bher2: My suggestion is you take classes with some friends, para mas mura. If you're 100% sure you want to get certified, you can PM me. I know a good instructor

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

any suggestions on where we can have an intro to scuba diving?

Anilao will be best. Usually resorts in anilao have in house divemasters but it would be better to call first, just to be sure. I would also recommend Aquaventure resort, its cheap, clean and serves great food.

Anilao will be best. Usually resorts in anilao have in house divemasters but it would be better to call first, just to be sure. I would also recommend Aquaventure resort, its cheap, clean and serves great food.

Thanks chief. Any idea on the budget?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i love snorkeling. i enjoy seeing creatures underwater. naisip ko na rin na mag scuba. kaya lang i'm not so sure if its for me. ano ba kailangan bago mag scuba, i mean u need to know how to swim ba or may types of breathing ba na dapat matutunan? physically fit? :unsure:

one need not to learn to swim to try scuba, just the money to pay for it :P ... pm me you digit para txt kita pag may dive kami.. sama ka.

i love snorkeling. i enjoy seeing creatures underwater. naisip ko na rin na mag scuba. kaya lang i'm not so sure if its for me. ano ba kailangan bago mag scuba, i mean u need to know how to swim ba or may types of breathing ba na dapat matutunan? physically fit? :unsure:

just took my cousin out for an intro dive. she doesn't know how to swim either but she did great, we were able to take her down up to 60ft, not bad for an intro diver..relaxed kase sya eh. About sa breathing, yes, its very important. Regular, relaxed breathing sometimes determines the outcome of your dive. On being physically fit, its not a must but its good if you are..

wow, thanks for the responses. i'm not so sure if i can be that relaxed. i sometimes get a little fear when i'm no longer seeing the foot bed of the waters. like in balicasag island in bohol. i was fascinated by the deep blue waters but i was kinda afraid to go that far.

ya thats usually normal and it takes some getting used to. since you like snorkeling, try intro diving first, you're gonna start naman sa shallow part and gradually descend depends on the skill you're showing the dive master. havent been to balicasag but i heard its great diving there.

I think it is about time for us scuba divers to convince the Department of Education to include scuba diving as a elective for physical education, that way we can raise the level of environmental awareness in our children. It is already being done in the other countries.