Scuba Diving And/or Snorkelling

goldgreen

just last summer i was in coron for a week... though i enjoyed my stay there with all the tours, i realized that one of the best ways to enjoy coron (or Palawan maybe) is through scuba diving.. in fact i befriended some foreigners there who were there to dive. they urged me to try it. since it was not part of my plan, i begged off. but i made a promise to go there next summer and enroll.. there are a good number of resorts there offering some minor raining/courses..

Ano recommend Hotel in coron?

Ano recommend Hotel in coron?

i stayed at sea horse lodge.. solo lang kasi ako so i availed yung may kasama ako sa room... pero pwede nmn wala ka kasama or may sarailing room kayo mismo.. free breakfast na rin..

plus lang kasi is the location.. most hotels kasi ay outside the town proper of coron kaya medyo mahirap gumala pag malayo ka sa town proper..

Ang sea horse nsa town proper at malapit sa mga restos, tour agencies, at pantalan...

yan ang reco ko na place.. mura din ang rates for me ha kasi solo lang ako...

• 2 weeks later...

i stayed at sea horse lodge.. solo lang kasi ako so i availed yung may kasama ako sa room... pero pwede nmn wala ka kasama or may sarailing room kayo mismo.. free breakfast na rin..

plus lang kasi is the location.. most hotels kasi ay outside the town proper of coron kaya medyo mahirap gumala pag malayo ka sa town proper..

Ang sea horse nsa town proper at malapit sa mga restos, tour agencies, at pantalan...

yan ang reco ko na place.. mura din ang rates for me ha kasi solo lang ako...

Thanks Bro. Sorry late reply.

guys i'm from manila, any idea about the budget, place for scuba diving? how much it cost you for training and how long? Thanks in advance

Budget:

10 to 25k depending on the time of the year, diving school, and instructor.

Right now, it is off season, some dive schools are offering discounts.

Resort based schools tend to be more expensive, but they are more convenient, and some have discounted hotel/diving packages.

Make sure you are enrolling in a PADI accredited school. Check the instructor ID to make sure.

Since you are based in Manila, there are dive schools in Manila that let you take the lecture classes in Manila (about 2 weeks) and let you do the required actual dive (about 4 or 5 dives) in Alinao or Cebu.

Pinoy instructor tend to charge lower than caucasian instructor. There is also less language barrier specially if you are not good in english.

Venue nearest Manila:

Alinao, Batangas - lots of good dive spots accessible thru shore entry (hiring a boat could easily eats up your budget). But expect 1 more hour of travel time from Batangas city because of the narrow and winding provincial roads.

While there are nice dive spots for wreak diving in Subic, I don't anymore recommend them because of low visibility and pollution (sewer from the city goes straight into Subic bay).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can anyone help me find a scuba store that will assist me in purchasing a scuba tank that will be used primarily in filling my pneumatic airgun. I'm not a diver or have a license in diving. May I just purchase one scuba tank and have a waiver signed that it is mainly be used in refilling my pneumatic airgun. Thanks for any information that may help.