Memphis Grizzlies

jedimaster

Well if AI wants to start then Coach Hollins should give it a try.... tutal re-building team nman ang Memphies!

OJ/AI/Gay/Marc/Hakim not a bad line-up

And then Knicks comes in for AI rescue hehehe... and thats another story!

wala n si Hakim sa Memphis! nsa Milwaukee n xa!

saka kala ko b ung NJ team ung ngkakainteresado sa knya! :unsure:

wala xe star player ung Nets! tpos winless p sila this season! :goatee:

It's time for Iverson to call it quits. No team in its right mind would consider him, much less take him. :thumbsdownsmiley:

If only he'd exhibit the right attitude... he's still got what it takes to play in the league... but I guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks... -_-

Edited by Leej

^ Tama ka Leej, bro.. Allan Iverson still has it.. Not the same 1996 Iverson that we saw but a player that can still mix it up with the best.. At tama ka, AI should learn to accept what is asked of him and sometimes eat his pride..

However, AI will have difficulty doing the latter (eating pride) because his thuganomics mentality has eaten him up and IMO, he might just be too old to change that in him.. hahaha.. But honestly, what I saw in Denver makes me want to believe that if he is taken in by a winning team, he will accept roles that he is asked to play.. In Denver, it was clear that Carmelo would be the first option and he would be second fiddle.. A lot of pundits said that AI can not play alongside a first option superstar, and he defied that for some seasons.. But I guess, George Karl wanted to change the line-up and still build around Melo because he can't get by the playoffs..

IMO, Memphis was not a good fit for AI.. It is loaded with too many score-first mentality guys in Randolph, Mayo, and Gay. And with a man full of pride like AI, one can not accept that a mediocre point guard in Mike Conley goes ahead of you. Kahit ako ang ilagay mo dun, parang ang sakit naman yata.. As a 40 year old AI might even be better than a young Conley.. To add insult to injury, the Grizzlies are just plain in the dumpster, so to speak..

IMO, the Bobcats can be a good fit for AI. Although that team is also losing, his respect for Larry Brown makes it a good fit.. AI has high regard for Brown and even MJ (I think). Plus scoring is badly needed by the 'Cats, and he can provide that.. He may even be happy not starting.. Felton can start and he can replace Felton in the 2nd quarter.. He might just be the next Manu.. hahaha..

Now New York? Naah.. A team loaded with scoring options in Al Harrington and the like? Tapos you have a D'Antoni that he might just despise and not believe in.. Adding a would-be losing season? AI will not be a good fit for the NY Knicks..

Edited by revi
It's time for Iverson to call it quits. No team in its right mind would consider him, much less take him. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Iverson quitting? I don't see it coming if there are teams still willing to bet on him.

No team in the right mind would consider consider him ...I agree!!! Unfortunately, reports have it that Miami and NYK are "interested". with the recent history, this is taking a lot of RISK.

Well Memphies made a risk and we know wat happen. If the Coach did try to let AI be a starter for a while there might be a different result. This is a rebuilding team so there's no problem on taking a risk letting AI start the game. The management already made a risk when acquiring AI in the first place.

If there's still any team that would like AI to be on there team hmmm i could say NETS need this one!

Well Memphies made a risk and we know wat happen. If the Coach did try to let AI be a starter for a while there might be a different result. This is a rebuilding team so there's no problem on taking a risk letting AI start the game. The management already made a risk when acquiring AI in the first place.

If there's still any team that would like AI to be on there team hmmm i could say NETS need this one!

i guess from the start management of Memphis have been vocal about AI being an "attraction" to sell tickets. Yes, they probably have the intent of letting him play but not to the extent of hindering the progress of their young players.

Iverson has been a head case since last year with the Pistons. Sad to say he did it again.

i guess from the start management of Memphis have been vocal about AI being an "attraction" to sell tickets. Yes, they probably have the intent of letting him play but not to the extent of hindering the progress of their young players.

Iverson has been a head case since last year with the Pistons. Sad to say he did it again.

AI has always been a head case since his Sixers days. Larry Brown was just able to somehow control him... -_-

@ revi - I, too, believe that AI may be a good fit for the Bobcats specially with Larry Brown there but they're loaded with shooting guards. And with Stephen Jackson there (another head case)... would you really want AI there? Just a thought. :)

^ For starters, bro, I don't think that SJax is such a head-case that many others think of him.. He may be arrogant but he is coachable.. He was part of the champion Spurs team before and Popovich relied on him even in clutch situations.. IMO, that Spurs team would not be complete without SJax.. He wanted more money so Pop had to let him go, but he is coachable..

Secondly, Nelly is also a knucklehead that is why he has continuously clashed heads with his players. Then (CWebb) and now (SJax and Monta).. Hell, if he does not play Randolph that much, the kid's gonna be a headcase after a few years too, IMO.. hahaha..

The Bobcats may be loaded with SG's with Augustin and Felton but these guys are not delivering right now.. Gerald Wallace has been inconsistent and only Diaw has been delivering the goods right now.. The 'Cats need a new scoring phenomenon, and I think AI can do that.. Larry Brown can and will wake up Iverson, IMO..

Edited by revi

Now AI's gone whats next for the Memphies?

Im so sad for those Memphies Fans who bought Season tickets! :(

Edited by darksoulriver
Now AI's gone whats next for the Memphies?

Im so sad for those Memphies Fans who bought Season tickets! :(

from a business standpoint, the signing of AI has done its purpose. Those who were eager to see him play did bought the season tickets already (well ofcourse including those die hard fans).

Sad to say, if one's reason was due to AI, he/she may well be too disappointed.