Memphis Grizzlies

jedimaster

si iverson memphis na?

:lol:

sorry, i just find it funny because everyone was talking about a.i.'s probable impact just prior. lol.

------------------------------

memphis lost their first game this season by a whopping 22 big points.

imo, the result would've been the same even if a.i. was around.

if you have read yahoo sports' column on the game, you feel that some memphis players are forming a defeatist attitude this early on. such was conveyed by randolph: "guys hit shots and we dropped our head. it's the nba. guys are going to hit shots. we’ve just got to keep on playing and play hard for 48 minutes.”

but it's hard to think that this sentiment will prevail. i'm sure everything will change once they start winning a few.

Edited by kanski

i was able to watch the game.

great team D and the kings played very well during the end game. the grizzlies weren't able to buy a basket during ot. k-mart, udrih, hawes, casspi and nocioni made good plays at the end.

zach randolph was having a good game pero he fouled out. he had 30 and 16.

they did nt let d answer played more minutes u have to start d guy if memphis want to win.....

was it mid in the 4th quarter when AI just don't wanna give up the ball and did 1 on 1 plays for I think 3 consecutive posessions and hitting none. the next dead ball, Conley replaced him and AI was never sent in.

Seems that AI can't accept the fact that he needs to take on a smaller or a supporting role and play team ball at this point in his career.

hirap talaga ng walang nba thread, pati grizzlies pinagtia-tiagaan. :D

was it mid in the 4th quarter when AI just don't wanna give up the ball and did 1 on 1 plays for I think 3 consecutive posessions and hitting none. the next dead ball, Conley replaced him and AI was never sent in.

Seems that AI can't accept the fact that he needs to take on a smaller or a supporting role and play team ball at this point in his career.

read in yahoo sports, after one game with the grizzlies, allen iverson is already upset about his role.

but then again, after his showing last season, did anyone expect otherwise?

AI interview after a game

"I had no problems [with the hamstring]. I had a problem with my butt sitting on that bench for so long," Iverson said, according to The Commercial Appeal. :thumbsupsmiley:

"I'm not a bench player. I'm not a sixth man," he continued. "Look at my résumé and that'll show I'm not a sixth man. I don't think it has anything to do with me being selfish. It's just who I am. I don't want to change what gave me all the success that I've had since I've been in this league. I'm not a sixth man. And that's that."

Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley quoted:

"This is a situation that'll be handled between Lionel and Allen. What Allen said was inappropriate, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. Allen expressed his frustration about not playing and I understand that."

And "There's no way we're making a change right now," Coach Hollins said..

Another NBA Drama.... CUT!

AI interview after a game

"I had no problems [with the hamstring]. I had a problem with my butt sitting on that bench for so long," Iverson said, according to The Commercial Appeal. :thumbsupsmiley:

"I'm not a bench player. I'm not a sixth man," he continued. "Look at my résumé and that'll show I'm not a sixth man. I don't think it has anything to do with me being selfish. It's just who I am. I don't want to change what gave me all the success that I've had since I've been in this league. I'm not a sixth man. And that's that."

Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley quoted:

"This is a situation that'll be handled between Lionel and Allen. What Allen said was inappropriate, but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. Allen expressed his frustration about not playing and I understand that."

And "There's no way we're making a change right now," Coach Hollins said..

Another NBA Drama.... CUT!

at least memphis is making the headlines. :lol:

AI keeps telling everybody, "he wants to win!" pero pumunta sya sa MEM, na ang intention ng owner (o GM ba yung nagsabi) sa pagkakakuha sa kanya ay to sell tickets. AI should shut-up. pag binitawan sya ng MEM baka wala na syang trabaho (kung di nya babaguhin ang asta nya). :D

magsama na lang sila ni starbury. hehehehe

magsama na lang sila ni starbury. hehehehe

LOL! dapat ang coach nila may background sa psychology. :D

But Iverson now left the Griz. What a delusional idiot. He still thinks he's the man. AI should just retire. This latest caper will surely make him more unwanted.

delusional idiot... i guess that's the right words to describe him.

he said, if you look at his resume, he's always been a winner. uhmmm... are you always 25 years old, AI?

:thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by Pepeng Manas