Memphis Grizzlies

jedimaster

What a game against the Spurs. Double OT. Talo nga lang but nice effort by Grizz against what may be the 2nd best team (next to Grizz of course!).

Prior to that game, the Grizz showed its ability to come from behind AND close the game to get their 10th win agains the Granger and the rest of the Pacers.

Go Grizz!

W - 10 - Magic, Warriors 2x, Kings, Clippers, Rockets, Thunder, Bulls, Heat, Pacers

L - 20 - Rockets, Bulls, Kings, Nuggets, Suns, Knicks, Bucks, Mavs, Jazz, Spurs, Jazz, Spurs, Thunder, Hawks, Hornets 2x, Bobcats, Lakers, Mavs, Spurs

• 2 weeks later...

Finally recovered from the despair out of 2 back to back OT losses (Spurs and Twolves) last week.

Go Grizz!

W - 11 - Magic, Warriors 2x, Kings, Clippers, Rockets, Thunder, Bulls, Heat, Pacers, Mavs

L - 24 - Rockets, Bulls, Kings, Nuggets, Suns, Knicks, Bucks, Mavs, Jazz, Spurs, Jazz, Spurs, Thunder, Hawks, Hornets 2x, Bobcats, Lakers, Mavs, Spurs, Twolves, Suns, Spurs, Twolves

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Memphis has #2 spot on the Draft Day.

Hmm let's see their potential All-Star lineup so far so we can see which spot needs filling in :

Marc Gasol - Power Forward, made All Rookie Team

OJ Mayo - Shooting Guard, made All Rookie Team (lost ROY to Derrick Rose)

Mike Conley - Point Guard, good ball distributor

Rudy Gay - Small Forward, Team's top scorer

It's apparent they need to get the best Center the batch can offer. My vote is for Hasheem Thabeet, a defense-oriented slamma jamma 7-3ft big from Tanzania. This is exactly what the team needs, a defensive presence down low.

Also, it wouldn't hurt to get a couple of hungry-for-title veterans (Iverson and McDyess) who could provide consistency, order and support to this team.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the updated roster :

Marc Gasol - Center, made All Rookie Team

Zach Randolph - Power Forward, 20-10 player

OJ Mayo - Shooting Guard, made All Rookie Team (lost ROY to Derrick Rose)

Mike Conley - Point Guard, good ball distributor

Rudy Gay - Small Forward, Team's top scorer

Backup Center / Shot Blocker - Hasheem Thabeet

In truth, this team does not need Randolph (they just need to give Arthur the playing time) but I will take him in exchange of Milicic, who's got no post offense.

• 2 months later...
Iverson coming to the Grizzlies completes this team. A guy who can bring the ball, commands defense, proven scorer, one-on-one creative operator.

Grizzlies are already a complete team the only problem is there defense sucks bigtime.... Memphis should put more effort on defense... The current roster is young with the addition of Thabeet (except Zachy)

I never seen AI commands defense even when he was in Phily... then Denver...lastly Detroit... He was hired purely and only to sell tickets... Even the Owner dont believe acquiring AI will change the faith of the Team... ouch!

• 3 weeks later...

Iverson has slight tear in hamstring, bad start for AI.

Could miss three weeks after an MRI revealed a partial tear in his left hamstring.

"My whole thing is to work as hard as I can to try and get back to 100 percent," Iverson said. "I don't want to try and come back too early and have this thing lingering on throughout the whole season."

But Grizzy fans still hoping for the quick recovery of the once formidable "The Answer"

• 2 weeks later...
Iverson has slight tear in hamstring, bad start for AI.

Could miss three weeks after an MRI revealed a partial tear in his left hamstring.

"My whole thing is to work as hard as I can to try and get back to 100 percent," Iverson said. "I don't want to try and come back too early and have this thing lingering on throughout the whole season."

But Grizzy fans still hoping for the quick recovery of the once formidable "The Answer"

the "ANSWER" has suddenly become the "QUESTION"

• 2 weeks later...