Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

And that answer is not available in the Archer's quiver of trick arrows

The only way DLSU will win a game is to shoot above 40% FG, hit their 3's and force Ateneo to at least 20 TOs :D or hope that Rabeh, Buenafe and Baclao play subpar games (like below 8 pts and 8 rebounds each) :lol:

Eagles 1 - 0 Archers

DLSU better find some answer for Rabeh in this series... fast! Or else, it's buh-bye championship! :P

Edited by orionpax
lkas rabeh!!! wlang ktapat!!! kwawa c maierhoffer!!!! pnakain ng bola ni baclao!!!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

that's true. rabeh is the big difference this year. and sadly, he might continue to be the big difference in many more years to come.

while i wouldn't put money on it, i still think it's possible that la salle could turn the tide. hoping against hope perhaps? but still rooting for the green and white.

Edited by kanski

with ateneo's defense locked on the dlsu five and a remarkable offense to boot, indeed, the blue ealges are in true-championship form! they showed that yesterday.

coach pumaren will have sleepless nights thinking of a plan to resolve their debacle.

man! umuulan ng 'piso' kahapon! ang darap pa ng pagkabutata ke maierhoffer ni baclao..sabay "aaaaarrrrgh!' pa!

for sure, game 2 will be a doozy! ika nga ni alan ranch, "bakbakan na!"

:goatee:

Eagles 1 - 0 Archers

hmmnn... i really believe Ateneo's going to win it all this year. Be it in game 3 or via sweep... ^_^

DLSU better find some answer for Rabeh in this series... fast! Or else, it's buh-bye championship! :P

dlsu just doesnt have the firepower it once had.. back then during my 4 years with LaSalle from 2001 to school year 04-05

cortez, cardona, yeo, cabatu, tang, casio, maierhoffer, villanueva, gaco, sharma, benitez.. i think it was year 2002 when they were all together

or was casio and maierhoffer from the class of 2003?? the first year with out cortez

la salle has enough firepower... they are the number 1 offensive team during the elims... people are just not giving due respect to the number 1 defense... ateneo's defense is just good that's why la salle is unable to hit its usual shoots... la salle's trapped may still be one of the best defensive schemes but ateneo's half court defense is a notch better...

hindi naman malas la salle, contested lang talaga most of their shots...

Kahapon mas maraming atenista kaysa la sallsta sa upper at b at bleachers. Sa La Salle side na ako napaupo pero mas solid pa rin ang cheering ng ateneo.

Sa huwebes, palagay ko mas marami pang lalo ang ateneo. Maraming la salista na nasiraan ng loob. Malayo ang Taft hambing sa Loyola heights. Mula Ateneo, isang LRT lang, andoon ka na. Mula La Salle, dalawang sakay pa- LRT tapos MRT.

Palagay ko lang, kung sino ang mas marami sa huwebes siyang mananalo. Hindi na pahusayan maglaro ang labanan, palakihan na ng puso.

Kahapon mas maraming atenista kaysa la sallsta sa upper at b at bleachers. Sa La Salle side na ako napaupo pero mas solid pa rin ang cheering ng ateneo.

Sa huwebes, palagay ko mas marami pang lalo ang ateneo. Maraming la salista na nasiraan ng loob. Malayo ang Taft hambing sa Loyola heights. Mula Ateneo, isang LRT lang, andoon ka na. Mula La Salle, dalawang sakay pa- LRT tapos MRT.

Palagay ko lang, kung sino ang mas marami sa huwebes siyang mananalo. Hindi na pahusayan maglaro ang labanan, palakihan na ng puso.

Magmartsa na ang buong Ateneo sa Cubao at paligiran na ang Araneta Coliseum para hindi na makapasok ang La Salle sa loob. :upside:

Everyone is so concerned about how to stop Rabeh. Sure if he is allowed to do as he did last sunday, la salle is sunk.

However, you should not forget Chris Tui. What was amazing about sunday's game was how handily Ateneo beat La Salle with Chris Tui being a non-factor due to non-fouls called on him. Watch out for Chris in his last game in the UAAP.

I think the only chance la salle has is if the referees cooperate with them. They actually tried by calling early fouls on Chris and Nonoy. Later on, the Congressman was also a victim of this manipulation. I was particularly peeved by the unsportsmanlike foul called on Rabeh. Replays will show that he went for the ball.

Maging parehas lang ang tawag sa huwebes, the better team will prevail.

^Natawa ako sa statement above.. Well, when La Salle won last year, I could also say that that was also a perfect year, basketball-wise for me, as Tim Duncan's Spurs won its fourth title.. The basketball Gods gave me two things to smile about, I guess.. hahaha.. ANIMO LA SALLE!!!

Edited by revi

hope the refs will be fair . Thats the reason betting odds last game was only 4.5 points . Originally bets were plus 8 for La Salle but bettors took into considerations the ref factor w/c would account for at least 6 points for La Salle . Sayang , if only all square maganda sana but the money going around during these games are into the millions . Magkano kaya kay REF ????

^Wow! The refs account for 6 points for DLSU? Really now? So now, I should believe in some statements of haters that the only reason why DLSU is in the finals is for money-purposes? How about the statements that the only reason why Ateneo will win is because its Chris Tiu's final year and because he is so popular, his final year should be GOOD?

Statements like this should be kept to a minimum for us to enjoy the game.. Ang ibig niyong sabihin kung manalo ang La Salle sa Game 2, niluto ng referee.. Kawawa naman ang La Salle, eh kahit saan pala sila pumunta talo sila sa mga mata ng ibang tao dito.. Bakit hindi na lang natin ibigay ang korona sa Ateneo, tutal sila naman ang pinakamalinis at walang bahid na koponan, diba? Ihinto na ang laban!!!

As a La Sallite, I never belittled Ateneo's achievements.. Haters should not also belittle my squad's/school's achievements in the UAAP.. I never said that Mike Cortez was paid to discredit Enrico Villanueva's sole championship.. Both schools should be credited and respected.. Sheesh!

Edited by revi

sad that a really great series will be tainted by insinuations that the referees are biased for one team.

Like the classic

Crispa-Toyota rivalry merong ganung kwento but whether or not the refs actually have a say on the final outome of the series should not be put in doubt.

The team which gets the breaks, has the talent, is able to utilise that talent to overcome whatever the other team can dish out should be the winner in the end.

I myself am not prepared to say na sigurado na ang ADMU. Both school have the talent, both have the heart, both have great coaches. Let's keep believing that this is a (more or less) fair series that will be determined byh facots other than those of the 'dark side'.

Good luck to both teams.

ON ANOTHER NOTE: I think the cheering squads do make a lot of difference. I may be biased about this but the Blue Babble Battalion may be the better pep squad. And when Ateneo begins to sing those classic songs like 'Blue Eagle the King' it does bring out the pride in every Atenean. One can observe the feeling of pride of Ateneans from the grade school kids watching the game to the oldest Ateneo fan who almost cant walk up to his/her seat, sing that classic school song composed by no less than the late great King Eagle Raul Manglapus.

ONE BIG FIGHT!!!!! FOR THE BLUE AND WHITE!!!!! BLUE EAGLE THE KING!!!!!!!!!