Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

ONE BIG FIGHT!!!!

FOR THE BLUE AND WHITE!!!!!

BLUE EAGLE THE KING!!!!!!!!

MASARAP MAGING ATENISTA!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck next year to our worthy adversaries. For sure you have things up your sleeves but so do we, and all the other teams too. hoping that next year hindi naman kami uuuh........malampaso!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Edited by barrysaint
2 October 2008

BROTHER ARMIN LUISTRO, FSC

President

De la Salle University System

2401 Taft Avenue

Manila

Re: Ateneo Bonfire

Dear Bro. Armin,

I would like to extend my deepest apology to you and to the La Sallian community for what some alumnus or student did at the Ateneo Bonfire, namely, write the names of the La Salle players on the wood. Unfortunately, none of us saw it ahead of time, because the wood pile was covered by a tarp against the rain until the time came to light it.

Despite our rivalries in sports, we are both committed to Christian values and what was done is certainly a violation of values we share.

Once again, my deepest apologies to you and to the La Sallian community. We are trying to find out who is responsible for the act.

Sincerely yours,

BIENVENIDO F. NEBRES, SJ

President

#####################################

Letter of Mr. Paredes to Fr. Nebres

3 October 2008

Fr. Bienvenido F. Nebres, SJ

President

Ateneo de Manila University

Dear Fr. Nebres,

I write this letter for two reasons. The first one is to own up to producing the materials with the names of the Green Archers and placing them prominently in the woodpile before the bonfire for all to see.

Secondly, I sincerely apologize to you for the queasy situation you are in as a result of the backlash it created.

While the nature of this letter is a personal apology to you, please feel free to extend it to parties you may deem fit to receive it.

Sincerely,

Jesse Paredes

HS'54, AB'58

Right or wrong, I think it is a sign of breeding to apologize when you offend a brother.

It is also a sign of a gentleman to take responsibility for one's actions regardless of the consequences.

Ang sarap maging Atenista.

Mr. Jesse Paredes? isn't he too old (HS 54) to be getting himself involved in such juvenile acts?!!!

In my opinion, it is not the very honorable Fr. Nebres who should "extend (the apology) to parties..." In owing up to this despicable act, Mr. Paredes himself should be the one apologizing to THE ENTIRE LA SALLIAN COMMUNITY!!!

Mr. Jesse Paredes? isn't he too old (HS 54) to be getting himself involved in such juvenile acts?!!!

In my opinion, it is not the very honorable Fr. Nebres who should "extend (the apology) to parties..." In owing up to this despicable act, Mr. Paredes himself should be the one apologizing to THE ENTIRE LA SALLIAN COMMUNITY!!!

I agree that he should personally apologize to the La Sallian community for his actions.

As far as his age goes, bakit ilang taon ba si Manny Salgado nung 'batok-takbo' incident nya with Arwind Santos? Isn't that equally, if not moreso juvenile as well? Look at yourself in the mirror. Basta lang kasi may mabato eh....

I agree that he should personally apologize to the La Sallian community for his actions.

As far as his age goes, bakit ilang taon ba si Manny Salgado nung 'batok-takbo' incident nya with Arwind Santos? Isn't that equally, if not moreso juvenile as well? Look at yourself in the mirror. Basta lang kasi may mabato eh....

nag-apologize ba si Manny Salgado kay Arwind Santos at sa buong FEU commmunity?

di pa din tapos ang championship dito kay greenarrow ... talaga naman :thumbsdownsmiley:

greenarrow, if you choose to wallow in misery and self-pity brought about by imagined ghosts, then do so on your own

i thought the greenies here just want this whole thing to be done with, you're doing them a disservice

Edited by wackyracer

dude. ok na yung ginawa ni Fr. Nebres. nagpakumbaba na nga sya at sya ang nag apologize in behalf of the school kahit wala namang kasalanan si Fr. Nebres but he owned up to the mistake of an alumni. kung baga parang official apology na yon. saka malinaw naman sa letter ni Mr. Paredes na paki extend na lang yung apology to other parties ie the entire la sallian community. let's not be hard on the guy. no school or no one is perfect anyway.

peace to all.

I don't know about other schools but in the Ateneo, age is irrelevant when we all get together. The oldest alumnus can behave like the youngest ones and we would not be too surprised specially if its school spirit that we are talking about. so i would not refer to it as juvenile lalo na we Atenean are all.........UUUUHM .... kids at heart.......THE HEART OF THE ATENEAN!!!! HEHEHEHEHE

Edited by barrysaint
You should be. La Salle is a very good school. But are you proud of what your team did?

Kaya nga masyado ang reaction sa ginawa ng team ninyo. kasi it's really unbecoming of your school.

sa tingin ko pinahiya nila yung proud tradition ninyo sa basketball.

Sayang.

yup! pero anu naman din ung ginawa ng mga ateneans during bon fire?? nagsunog sila ng kahoy with names of the players of lasalle written.?? unbecoming din yun. much worse!

animo lasalle

Edited by mr. john

ang difference is we did that in what was supposed to be a purely Ateneo affair inside our campus.

you did it on nationwide TV in front of all your supporters many of whom are impressionable kids. And in front of the team that beat you everytime this year. We would have clapped our hands if you received the 2nd place trophy as we always do for our opponents.

yung pagsusunog was done in the spirit of ......kalokohan.

i guess for schools tought to be producing cream of the crop they show morals of pygmy... by burning bonfire with the names of ur competitor is like the kkk burning wooden cross... just so happen n coming frm a jesuit school that teaches magnmity in victory....now i know bakit sinipa mga yan noong pnahon ng kastila.... fyi ateneo could have been the oldest university in the country... but their school was shut down and the rest is history.... trivia lang... when ust battled ateneo a couple of yrs ago they brought with them a banner congratulating the tigers for their feat and just in case matalo cla the reverse side of the banner contains congratulatory remarks for ateneo if they happen to win the championship.....

2 October 2008

BROTHER ARMIN LUISTRO, FSC

President

De la Salle University System

2401 Taft Avenue

Manila

Re: Ateneo Bonfire

Dear Bro. Armin,

I would like to extend my deepest apology to you and to the La Sallian community for what some alumnus or student did at the Ateneo Bonfire, namely, write the names of the La Salle players on the wood. Unfortunately, none of us saw it ahead of time, because the wood pile was covered by a tarp against the rain until the time came to light it.

Despite our rivalries in sports, we are both committed to Christian values and what was done is certainly a violation of values we share.

Once again, my deepest apologies to you and to the La Sallian community. We are trying to find out who is responsible for the act.

Sincerely yours,

BIENVENIDO F. NEBRES, SJ

President

Letter of Mr. Paredes to Fr. Nebres

3 October 2008

Fr. Bienvenido F. Nebres, SJ

President

Ateneo de Manila University

Dear Fr. Nebres,

I write this letter for two reasons. The first one is to own up to producing the materials with the names of the Green Archers and placing them prominently in the woodpile before the bonfire for all to see.

Secondly, I sincerely apologize to you for the queasy situation you are in as a result of the backlash it created.

While the nature of this letter is a personal apology to you, please feel free to extend it to parties you may deem fit to receive it.

Sincerely,

Jesse Paredes

HS'54, AB'58

Right or wrong, I think it is a sign of breeding to apologize when you offend a brother.

It is also a sign of a gentleman to take responsibility for one's actions regardless of the consequences.

Ang sarap maging Atenista.

what an A-hole this paredes is...

nag apologize sa pari nya,

pero para mag apologize sa La Salle? Leche kayo!

ikaw mag apologize sa kanila, hindi ako.... yan ang pinaparating ng hayop na yan...

APOY hiking society...

the ateneo way? what a way, what a way to be proud...

I hold my La Sallite head up high, up high and proud...

masarap ba maging atenista, pwes, iyong iyo na..

we owed up to the ineligible players years ago, proactively and took the penalties like men,

that's the La Salle way...

ateneo? take your trophy and i hope your chests are stout with pride,

as stout as the referees wallets your MVP fattened up...

If you can't see a fixed game like what it is, then you need a basic education,

Animo La Salle!

i guess for schools tought to be producing cream of the crop they show morals of pygmy... by burning bonfire with the names of ur competitor is like the kkk burning wooden cross... just so happen n coming frm a jesuit school that teaches magnmity in victory....now i know bakit sinipa mga yan noong pnahon ng kastila.... fyi ateneo could have been the oldest university in the country... but their school was shut down and the rest is history.... trivia lang... when ust battled ateneo a couple of yrs ago they brought with them a banner congratulating the tigers for their feat and just in case matalo cla the reverse side of the banner contains congratulatory remarks for ateneo if they happen to win the championship.....

First, your rant seems to be late in coming, apologies have been given and accepted by the concerned schools. Ano gusto mo, mag-apologize din sa UST?

Secondly, I would be wary taking history lessons from you. Your emotions seem to be overpowering your mental faculties. Case in point: just a few hours after the game, you already forgot that Nonoy Baclao was indeed named the Finals MVP.

its a coronation of ateneo.... truly the better team this season.... the awarding medyo obious n one sided... last yr they give award to the scorer, rebounder,and assist.... takot cla magbigay ngayon kc c jervy will win both scoring and rebouning throphy.... and y was there no award for 6th man....takot cla n bigyan c maihofer wc i think should get due recognition.... saan rabah nyo? he was a non factor in2days game... c baclao dapat mvp ng finals...and yet they give it to chris tiu.....

Third, regarding the Ateneo banner you are mentioning, it just shows how level-headed and sportsman-like the Ateneans are. It goes to show that it can be done, that no matter how heart-breaking a loss is, great men can rise above it to accept the loss and congratulate the victors. No excuses. No blaming the referees. No sour graping. No nitpicking. No wallowing in self-pity.

Just a reminder: 11 days after, 2nd place trophy still with UP ... anyone from the green school care to pick it up?

ikaw mag apologize sa kanila, hindi ako.... yan ang pinaparating ng hayop na yan...

APOY hiking society...

we owed up to the ineligible players years ago, proactively and took the penalties like men,

Animo La Salle!

As I recall, La Salle contested their "punishment" from the UAAP as much as they could, even threatening to sue the UAAP if they were suspended.

Is that really the La Salle way? Is that "proactively" taking responsibility? Took the penalties like men?

Please.

Till the very end, LaSalle was adamant that they did no wrong.

They chose to put the blame on an individual acting alone...a convenient scapegoat for the LaSalle basketball recruitment program.

It's really convenient how some people are selectively blind to their own alma mater's shortcomings.

APOY hiking society...

Animo La Salle!

so will we expecting a public apology from your coach and team for the sportsmanlike conduct of not coming out to get your trophy?