Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

siguro dapat din ma suspend yung mga hindi lumalabas for the awarding ceremony. puro reklamo!!! kung may probleme kayo file a formal protest. don't act like kids na magdadabog na hindi kukunin ang 2nd place trophy. isispin niyo ano nalang ang tinuturo ninyo sa mga young la sallites na gusto maging tulad niyo...harinawa'y huwag sana!!!!!!

The PCC is the first "champions league" tournament that De La Salle have played in. They use to snub tournaments like the PCC even during the 1997 "champions league" won by NCAA five-peat winner SSC-R Golden Stags. De La Salle is once again...back.

It's amusing to watch lasalites heaping praises on the PCCL concept of a national collegiate champion now that they've won. In their own green minds, they're building up the league as the ultimate, most coveted trophy for college basketball when just a year ago, they deliberately snubbed the event and dismissed it as an anti-climactic post-season tournament. After all, they've won the college basketball crown that mattered. Why grind it out in a rag-tag so-called national championship and risk losing in a one-miss-you-die affair? Why lend the PCCL a semblance of prestige and therefore dilute that of the UAAP where they are kings? If they won the UAAP crown this year, I doubt if they'd even compete in this tournament. After all, why compete for a trophy named after their arch-rival's main benefactor?

A US-style NCAA (aka March Madness) with the accompanying prestige and popularity is what the present PCCL hopes to develop in our country. What started out as a dream match between the UAAP and NCAA champions to determine the one true collegiate champion expanded its wings to cover the entire nation. A worthy attempt to democratize the process of anointing the king of Philippine college basketball. Many attempts have been made to bolster the importance of this tournament but somehow still pales in comparison to the UAAP, the NCAA or even the CESAFI leagues. The efforts of Joe Lipa, Rey Gamboa, Manny Pangilinan and others are laudable. I, for one, would like to see this tournament succeed to give the non-UAAP/NCAA teams their moment to shine. We can easily empathize with the unheralded teams grinding it out in the preliminary phase of the tournament. They play in decrepit dumps like the Makati Coliseum with hardly anyone watching for the chance to make it to the "big dance" that is the main PCCL tourney. We all like to root for the underdog. And these are the real underdogs, not the made-up kind picturing themselves the underdog because the referees are picking on them or because they rarely practice as a team.

The efforts of people behind the PCCL, however, are negated by the nonchalant manner Big Leaguers (UAAP/NCAA) treat the tournament. Previous editions were a showcase for bench players' skills. Last year, the previous champion of the most popular league, the UAAP, chose to skip the tournament taking the air out of the "Champions" league. Consequently, basketball fans have not been as enthusiastic in following the developments of the tourney. It is regarded the same way all pre-season tournaments are regarded: side dishes, with the main course being the UAAP or the NCAA or the CESAFI depending on who you are talking to. Not even the Final Four match-up of four basketball tradition-rich schools of the NCAA nor the dream match between Ateneo-lasal have succeeded in bringing in the fans.

That being said, I'd like to point out to greenarrow that snubbing the champion's league is not something to be proud of. I'd hazard to say that you are setting back the development of basketball in this country. Snubbing the 2007 edition of this tournament because a loss may tarnish the accomplishments in the then just-concluded UAAP is cowardly. You also mention that this is the first champions league that lasal has entered, yet I do remember lasal joining the Joe Lipa-led champions league not so long ago. They fielded in their second to third stringers and never took the league seriously same as the other teams.

This is not a put down on the PCCL, but rather, an honest assessment of its current standing in college basketball. The PCCL is the PCCL, the concept is sound but the realization of that concept is, well .... it's slowly getting there. For sure, the PCCL crown is something to be proud of. But to prop it up as the ultimate, most-coveted prize of Philippine collegiate basketball is another thing. We all know which league championship is the most coveted. It is where the allure of winning is so strong that lesser people are reduced to cheating and lying for a chance to be crowned champions.

To thedynamite007 and greenarrow, I am not asking you to be humble, that may be too far-fetched, but you can at least be circumspect. Your fan girl mentality becomes tiresome after some time.

I am not bitching nor sourgraping, I'm just trying to put things in perspective. Lastly, I'd like to point out how important the PCCL is to all of us MTC basketball aficionados ... not even one bothered to make a separate thread for the PCCL. 'Nuff said.

who said it was the most important?

Greenarrow?...... Just read wackyracer's post.

From not being worthy enough to play in=snub, the PCCL now is important enough to "crown themselves the best collegiate team in the country".

GreenArrow is correct though. They are CROWNING THEMSELVES the best collegiate team in the country. Nobody else is even close to thinking of crowning them that title.

Greenarrow?...... Just read wackyracer's post.

From not being worthy enough to play in=snub, the PCCL now is important enough to "crown themselves the best collegiate team in the country".

GreenArrow is correct though. They are CROWNING THEMSELVES the best collegiate team in the country. Nobody else is even close to thinking of crowning them that title.

So are they also CROWNING THEMSELVES as the most sportsmanlike team of the century? as a good example to the youth or to the young la sallites (la sallians) or whatever they call themselves now? as the epitome of the team that makes the most excuses when they lose other than they did not play well? You can have as many 'self-inflicted" awards as you wish.

The La Salle Team is really a legend.........................IN THEIR OWN (DEFECTIVE) MINDS!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!! ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line is, DLSU beat NCAA champs San Beda and UAAP champs Ateneo in one tournament, fair and square. It doesn't matter if the tournament is not as important as the other two leagues, for as long as these proud teams face-off it will always be a battle and no one will give an inch to their rivals.

"one of the privileges of winning is to make fun of the other teams"

"to the winner goes the spoils"

http://manilatonight.com/index.php?showtopic=44802&st=580

yes the winner can make fun of the loser and that is what we are doing to your team that LOST to us in the uaap and did not get their runner up trophy because they were and still are crying over the loss like spoiled brats who do not know anything about being good sportsmen.

no amount of excuses can explain why you lost to us. you lost fair and square. it is only in your distorted idea of fairness (where it is fair only if you win) that you can conclude that you did not lose to the better team then just like we admitted a few minutes after the game that we lost to the better team on that day. you guys still do not want to admit you lost to the better team in the uaap. geeezzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!

we can make a lot of excuses for losing to you but we don't, at least not in public.

We will always be proud to be ATENEANS!!! nothing can change that and we cannot even imagine putting our school in shame byt acting the way you guys did. sus!!! parang dalawang linggo kayo nagngangangalngal na dinaya kayo at hindi fair ang uaap season dahil ayaw niyo aminin na talunan kayo.

as I said in a previous posts You are legends..................IN YOUR OWN MINDS!!!!!!!!!!

Bottom line is, DLSU beat NCAA champs San Beda and UAAP champs Ateneo in one tournament, fair and square. It doesn't matter if the tournament is not as important as the other two leagues, for as long as these proud teams face-off it will always be a battle and no one will give an inch to their rivals.

"one of the privileges of winning is to make fun of the other teams"

"to the winner goes the spoils"

http://manilatonight.com/index.php?showtopic=44802&st=580

Yup the winner of the PCCL gets to crown themselves as winners of the PCCL,

NOT as "the best collegiate team in the country".

That is why....

Congratulations to DLSU for winning the PCCL this year

Congratulations to ADMU for winning the UAAP this year

Congratulations for DLSU for beating ADMU 1 time this year.

Congratulations to ADMU for beating DLSU 4 times this year.

Maybe next year roles will be reversed, but until then those are the facts regardless of whether ADMU didn't play their stars, whether DLSU had finals, whether ADMU just got back from CDO playing the Jesuit games, tec.

wrong timing pccl finals...finals ng dlsu e...haha

Mahirap ba exam sa Translation Studies and Sports Management?

I know of someone on the DLSU golf team naka enrol sa Translation Studies. He is on his 2nd year in DLSU. 3 units of lang daw ng Math ang kailangan niya. I play golf with his cousins. Alaskado siya. Buti na lang daw sa golf addition lang kailangan.

I hope our DLSU friends here can post the curriculum of Translation Studies para I can prove his cousins wrong. Kawawa naman yun bata.

yes the winner can make fun of the loser and that is what we are doing to your team that LOST to us in the uaap and did not get their runner up trophy because they were and still are crying over the loss like spoiled brats who do not know anything about being good sportsmen.

no amount of excuses can explain why you lost to us. you lost fair and square. it is only in your distorted idea of fairness (where it is fair only if you win) that you can conclude that you did not lose to the better team then just like we admitted a few minutes after the game that we lost to the better team on that day. you guys still do not want to admit you lost to the better team in the uaap. geeezzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!

we can make a lot of excuses for losing to you but we don't, at least not in public.

We will always be proud to be ATENEANS!!! nothing can change that and we cannot even imagine putting our school in shame byt acting the way you guys did. sus!!! parang dalawang linggo kayo nagngangangalngal na dinaya kayo at hindi fair ang uaap season dahil ayaw niyo aminin na talunan kayo.

as I said in a previous posts You are legends..................IN YOUR OWN MINDS!!!!!!!!!!

but you are putting your fine school to shame by coming up with bitter posts like this over and over again. just my opinion.

siguro dapat din ma suspend yung mga hindi lumalabas for the awarding ceremony. puro reklamo!!! kung may probleme kayo file a formal protest. don't act like kids na magdadabog na hindi kukunin ang 2nd place trophy. isispin niyo ano nalang ang tinuturo ninyo sa mga young la sallites na gusto maging tulad niyo...harinawa'y huwag sana!!!!!!

Do you remember the FEU-DLSU finals? i suggest you get over that mistake. inamin na ng mga lasalista dito na mali sila dun.