Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

what an A-hole this paredes is...

nag apologize sa pari nya,

pero para mag apologize sa La Salle? Leche kayo!

ikaw mag apologize sa kanila, hindi ako.... yan ang pinaparating ng hayop na yan...

APOY hiking society...

the ateneo way? what a way, what a way to be proud...

I hold my La Sallite head up high, up high and proud...

masarap ba maging atenista, pwes, iyong iyo na..

We have here another nitpicker and war-monger in our midst.

Mr. Paredes has already apologized and given Fr. Nebres his consent to extend the apology to the parties concerned. Fr. Nebres, being Ateneo president, speaks as well for the whole Ateneo community. What more can you ask for? Gusto mo tagalugin yung letter of apology?

we owed up to the ineligible players years ago, proactively and took the penalties like men,

Now on the case of the 2005 DLSU PEP Test scandal, since you brought it up, I don't remember anyone from DLSU owning up to the fiasco. All from the green side are claiming innocence from the criminal act. Was anyone prosecuted for falsifying public documents? The faked PEP test documents were found out July 2006 and yet was acted upon only during the UAAP Finals Game 2 on October after the Manny Salgado batok incident. In the interim, the Athletics Director of DLSU just read the Registrar's explosive discovery and chose to sit on it for two months. I don't see that as proactive. And you say you took penalties like men? You must have forgotten that DLSU threatened the UAAP, hinting that if the penalties are not to its liking, a legal battle is likely to ensue.

ateneo? take your trophy and i hope your chests are stout with pride,

We did take our trophy and are proud of it because it is well deserved. Do you still refuse to take your 2nd place trophy? Did you already return the championship trophy not rightfully yours?

as stout as the referees wallets your MVP fattened up... If you can't see a fixed game like what it is, then you need a basic education, Animo La Salle!

Now, that is the La Salle way we are all familiar with! :rolleyes:

Ayaw ko na sana pansinin eh... Pero this kid below is knocking on the Jesuits. :thumbsdownsmiley:

now i know bakit sinipa mga yan noong pnahon ng kastila.... fyi ateneo could have been the oldest university in the country... but their school was shut down and the rest is history.... trivia lang...

Do you even know why the Jesuits were kicked out of Spanish colonies???

For actively educating and empowering colonized people and encouraging indigenous people to seek self-governance.

when ust battled ateneo a couple of yrs ago they brought with them a banner congratulating the tigers for their feat and just in case matalo cla the reverse side of the banner contains congratulatory remarks for ateneo if they happen to win the championship.....

...and your point is?

what an A-hole this paredes is...

nag apologize sa pari nya,

pero para mag apologize sa La Salle? Leche kayo!

ikaw mag apologize sa kanila, hindi ako.... yan ang pinaparating ng hayop na yan...

APOY hiking society...

the ateneo way? what a way, what a way to be proud...

I hold my La Sallite head up high, up high and proud...

masarap ba maging atenista, pwes, iyong iyo na..

we owed up to the ineligible players years ago, proactively and took the penalties like men,

that's the La Salle way...

ateneo? take your trophy and i hope your chests are stout with pride,

as stout as the referees wallets your MVP fattened up...

If you can't see a fixed game like what it is, then you need a basic education,

Animo La Salle!

... And from your words... give you a few years.......

.... you know what you aint worth it.

Edited by Defiant

as stout as the referees wallets your MVP fattened up... If you can't see a fixed game like what it is, then you need a basic education, Animo La Salle!

--------------------------------

Now, that is the La Salle way we are all familiar with!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

yep. not man enough to accept defeat as a defeat. always looking for excuses for their defeat.

sus naman. what are your teaching the younger la sallites? that they cannot lose fair and square at palagi dapat may reason other than the other side bested them? sounds familiar? parang philippine elections no? sumarosep!!!!!

THAT IS WHAT WE MEAN BY WIN OR LOSE ITS THE SCHOOL WE CHOOSE!!!! NO EXCUSES. TALO KUNG TALO!!

MASARAP PA RIN MAGING ATENISTA!!!!!!!!

BLUE EAGLE THE KING!!!!!!!!

Edited by tagalinis

Bro Armin has accepted Fr. Nebres' apology.

Now we all anxiously await the apology for not being able to hear that they were being called to claim thier trophy.

Yes, maybe you did not hear/were not informed but any gentleman worth his salt will still apologize for the apparent snub. If not it becomes an excuse and not a reason.

TROPHY UPDATE:

During the UAAP board meeting yesterday afternoon held at Quezon Hall of UP-Diliman, Br. Bernie Oca FSC accepted the 1st runner-up trophy from UAAP president Sergio Cao in a simple ceremony.

Another thing - WHY is it SO IMPORTANT for certain SENSITIVE OR GUILTY ATENEANS that DLSU-Manila physically ACCEPTS the 2008 UAAP 1st Runner-Up Trophy?

To "validate" their Game 2 "win" and their 2008 "Seniors "Title"?

We UNDERSTAND.

Yet the UNIVERSAL DOUBT regarding Game 2 remains.

It is none of my business really but to use "Universal Doubt" is inappropriate. If you still harbor ill feelings against the Ateneo win, please continue saying so but to include everybody else is no longer acceptable.

Even DLSU fans have moved on. Please, let us try to lead a more meaningful life...

I'm sorry but this guy is quite annoying already.

TROPHY UPDATE:

During the UAAP board meeting yesterday afternoon held at Quezon Hall of UP-Diliman, Br. Bernie Oca FSC accepted the 1st runner-up trophy from UAAP president Sergio Cao in a simple ceremony.

Another thing - WHY is it SO IMPORTANT for certain SENSITIVE OR GUILTY ATENEANS that DLSU-Manila physically ACCEPTS the 2008 UAAP 1st Runner-Up Trophy?

We UNDERSTAND.

We DO NOT need to validate anything. A zillion people were witness to the fact that we creamed the daylights out of your team this season!!!!!! whether or not you think we won fair and square is immaterial to us since we KNOW we won because we ARE the better team.

any doubt remains only in your twisted idea of fairness only if the calls favor you!!!

Its your attitude and idea of sportsmanship that really gets our goat because we love the game so much that we do not want people to destroy its integrity by unfounded and unsubstantiated insinuations of wrongdoing.

ENTIENDES?

Edited by tagalinis

So bakit walang formal protest kung malakas ang paniwala na nadaya sila?

dahil unfair din sa kanila ang uaap board? so baka gusto nila dalhin sa korte suprema. kaya lang wala namang la sallista yata dun kaya unfair din.

kung ipasa dios nila baka pati mga santo sisihin nila na lalakarin ang desisyon. hehehehe

TROPHY UPDATE:

We UNDERSTAND.

It is not important to us Ateneans only. It is important to the whole UAAP. By snubbing the trophy DLSU puts shame to trying your best and finishing second in the UAAP. If you don't think the UAAP is important enough to win, then why bother competing.

I see you are trying to pull it off topic again. Instead of focusing on the issue of non-acceptance of trophy you want to shift to another issue para lang you don't have to come up with logical answers. The doubt in game 2 YES It was called tight, that is why the UAAP Season 71 MVP had to miss almost he entire first half. Ateneo adjusted to the tight calls and their bench stepped up. Would you have expected those shots from Jobe and Baldos? Except for the die hard Blue fans noone did. DLSU did not adjust and noone stepped up....loss....... that simple.

I didn't hear any complaints from the Blue Eagle fans when Tiu, Salamat, etc got into trouble in the other game. Maybe they/we should complain just to show it was tight but consistent officiating.

Yes there is doubt why the game (and game 1) was called tightly, but is was called tightly and consistently fair from Game 1. Di lang talaga marunong mag-adjust ang DLSU coaching staff.

buti nga ang LS kahit talo may trophy :lol:

o nga baka mag boycoot sila next year kung walang trophy ang talunan. eh di sasabihin nila kung sumali sila they would be the 1st place. LOSER!!!! LOSERS!!!!!!! TALO NA NGA MASAMA PA ANG ASAL!!!!!!!

ONE BIG FIGHT!!!!!!!!

FOR THE BLUE AND WHITE!!!!!!!

ATENEO

2008 UAAP SENIORS AND JUNIORS CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

2008 SMALL BASKETEERS OF THE PHILIPPINES CHAMPIONS

ANG GALING GALING!!!!!!!! MASARAP PA RIN MAGING ATENISTA!!!!!!!!

LOSER LOSER LOSER LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!

BURN THEM........AGAIN!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

ONE BIG FIGHT!!!!!!!

ITS GREAT TO BE AN ATENEAN!!!!!!!!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/TruVerde/bonfire_04-1-1.jpg

It seems not only La Salle was the subject of the ateneo bonfire. However, several close-up shots of the wooden planks to be burned, including one posted at the 2bU section of the Inquirer included the following:

"UP Fighting M0rons" (and yet the Ateneans say that they respect UP people)

"UST Growling Tigers"

"Adamson Falcons"

"NU Bulldogs"

"FEU Tamaraws"

"UE Red Warriors"

Now, given such newly uncovered facts, perhaps ateneans might want to apologize to the entire UAAP community for the unacceptable behavior of some ill-bred ateneans during their bonfire celebration.

Yes the Ateneans involved should apologize.

I think that is why the apology of Mr. Paredes was in general..."please feel free to extend it to parties you may deem fit to receive it. " It was to whomever was offended not just the DLSU community.

It was an act of an individual and he was man enough to admit and apologize. He apologized less than 4 days after the incident happened. The trophy snub to the entire UAAP community happened 2 weeks ago, they even already accepted the trophy pero wala parin apology. I wouldn't hold my breathe.

There is no doubt, UNIVERSAL OR OTHERWISE that DLSU doesn't have the decency nor the sportmanship to admit that it was a mistake not to send anyone at all to get the trophy (again it doesn't have to be someone from the Team), no matter what the reason.

Got this clever exchange from Alyson Yap's multiply site regarding Mr. Paredes' apology

Alyson Yap (ADMU):

So, Mr. Jesse Paredes apologized for the incident. In as much as I am not for the apology, it's good to hear that he still apologized. I'm still trying to recall if Ryan Arana and the whole Lasalle team in 2005 apologized for their behavior in court.

jeremyy75 (DLSU) wrote on Oct 4:

Alyson Yap - What sort of apology were you looking for from Ryan Arana and the 2005 team? The "jig" and the "photoshoot" spoke of a bunch of young boys battling it out on the hardcourt and eventually gloating. It was never personal. Does not even come close to fanatics who burn wooden planks with the actual names of all DLSU players voodoo-style. It comes off as creepy and outright un-Christian.

baquino (ADMU) wrote on Oct 4:

jeremyy75 - With all due respect, sir, to say that the exploits of your beloved "young boys" were not personal is not only illogical, it is utterly misguided. Acts such as those approximate the proverbial acts of spitting on one's face and kicking one when he is down. And no matter how you look at these acts - as long as you look at them for what they actually were - they were downright wrong.

I will not bother discussing which of the offenses (that of Arana and that of Mr. Paredes) weighs more. There are way too many factors to consider in doing so - Arana and the La Salle players being public figures of the school, the age and stature of the offenders, the circumstances, etc. But, assuming - not conceding - that the recent bonfire offense was indeed more grave, it does not change the fact that Arana's stunt was still, in itself, wrong. And it does not change the fact that the Atenean apologized and the La Sallite did not.

At the end of the day, I guess the difference between Ateneo and La Salle is not that one school makes mistakes and the other doesn't, but, apparently, that one school acknowledges its mistakes while the other condones them. Having values was never about being immaculate; it is about realizing one's mistakes when one makes them, acknowledging them, and learning from them thereafter.

Which perfectly explains why an Atenean like Baclao felt compelled to apologize several times for such a benign act like screaming after a huge block, while we have heard absolutely nothing from La Sallite LA Revilla after mockingly doing a shooting gesture to a person who had just escaped death by the skin of his teeth.

Oops, sorry... we did hear something from Franz Pumaren... "He's just a kid."

La Sallian reasoning at its best. Something you two apparently share.

Peace.

Ang lupet sa reply ... unfortunately, di na-gets nung taga-DLSU hehehe