Admu Vs. Dlsu

cyrus08

Never heard such remark/s from any of my Atenean relatives, colleagues & friends...not even from true blue Atenean classmates enrolled in ADMU-GSB during my brief stay in the Dela Rosa campus, same for those who were enrolled in the DLSU-GSB program years back

But then again...there are exceptions :D

Nag-aral ka pala sa AGSB, bro.. At sa Dela Rosa pa.. haha.. Baka kilala nga kita..

So not to be OT, dahil hindi naman tayo ang may ari ng thread na ito.. I'd like to say that I agree that there always exceptions to the rule.. At tingnan mo pa yung post sa baba ni ki-nuote ko..

Wow man!!!!!! do you really think that was a serious comment for you to react?

Hello?

Of course, we Ateneans believe we are the best but don't we all?

But to actually say it is not arrogance po. If anything it shows how proud we are to be Atenean.

MASARAP PA RIN MAGING ATENISTA!!!!!!!!!

Pride? Really? O sige hindi kayabangan.. Kaso pride? Really? Hindi kaya sarcasm ang mas akmang salita dito.. I am also proud of my school at Taft but to say that "alam namin matatalino kami," is that correct? A joke, sarcasm or whatever it is that person is trying to share.. I don't care, but it is wrong.. Is that what your teachers taught you re: humility? There is nothing wrong with self-confidence.. But to brag about your school's so-called superior intelligence in a forum where no one really knows you? C'mon!

"MASARAP PA RIN MAGING ATENISTA?" Oo naman, atenista ka eh.. Alangan naman sabihin mo na HINDI MASARAP.. Kaso if you are going to ask me, MASARAP DIN MAGING LA SALLISTA.. Alangan naman sabihin ko na hindi masarap..

Edited by revi
para sa yo tol wizard, cge hindi na ako hihirit ng mahaba dito sa post mo hehe. pis este peace po, tol. hehehe

"But what provided a bitter after taste to an otherwise exhilarating evening was the failure (refusal?) of La Salle to claim the 2nd place trophy during the closing ceremonies. I can understand the disappointment, dejection and all-around grief that muddles a juvenile’s decision-making in the aftermath of such a loss. But I’m sure there were more mature personalities in their organization that could have provided the voice of reason.

Basketball is a sporting event and the object of an inter-school competition is to promote well-being and give all those involved, especially the studentry, the thrill of competition and absorb the effects thereof. These are valuable lessons that are to fortify them for the greater battles ahead in the game called life. And that includes accepting a loss with dignity and honor.

Sadly, this was not the case during the awarding ceremonies and many were sorely disappointed at the display of unsportsmanlike behavior. At the very least, it sent the wrong message to the legion of young minds that were glued to the event."

ok pareng mike lowrey. mali nga talaga. bad example. dami pa naman nanonood. pati ako kahit naunawaan ko sila, sana hindi nila ginawa o sana me school rep na lumabas para tanggapin yung award para wala nang issue or controversy surrounding it. the people and the media can say anything they want against franz pumaren and la salle, but it doesn't take away my loyalty to my school. nobody's perfect anyway.

Nag-aral ka pala sa AGSB, bro.. At sa Dela Rosa pa.. haha.. Baka kilala nga kita..

pre, nag aral din ako sa Dela Rosa.. baka magkakakilala tayo hehe.

Pride? Really? O sige hindi kayabangan.. Kaso pride? Really? Hindi kaya sarcasm ang mas akmang salita dito.. I am also proud of my school at Taft but to say that "alam namin matatalino kami," is that correct? A joke, sarcasm or whatever it is that person is trying to share.. I don't care, but it is wrong.. Is that what your teachers taught you re: humility? There is nothing wrong with self-confidence.. But to brag about your school's so-called superior intelligence in a forum where no one really knows you? C'mon!

some ateneans are just like that. mayabang pag me ipagmamayabang. but not all are mayabang. i have atenean friends also but they're very down to earth and humble kahit me ipagmamayabang sila. nasa tao yan e. wala sa school.

"MASARAP PA RIN MAGING ATENISTA?" Oo naman, atenista ka eh.. Alangan naman sabihin mo na HINDI MASARAP.. Kaso if you are going to ask me, MASARAP DIN MAGING LA SALLISTA.. Alangan naman sabihin ko na hindi masarap..

good point, revi. :thumbsupsmiley:

Pa-OT lang mga mods....

@wizard23: 3 pala tayong nag-aral sa AGSB nung nasa Dela Costa pa siya dito sa forum na ito.. haha.. 1996 ako pumasok dun bro.. Ikaw? Its funny but do you know that our registrar then came from La Salle Grad School? Ina-dapt pa nga niya yung grading system ng DLSU eh (0.0 being bagsak and 4.0 being perfect).. ;)

I remember when I was asked to lead the prayer for a class in AGSB, I included, "St. John Baptist De La Salle and Live Jesus In our Hearts" with St. Ignatius De Loyola.. Everybody laughed after the prayer even the teacher.. That is what you call loyalty, bro.. haha.. :boo:

Edited by revi

haha. nauna ko ng konti sa yo. anyway, tama si orionpax OT na to. tapos na UAAP finals.

anyway, i just hope that dlsu will be back with a vengeance next season just like when they came out of suspension last year.

i wouldn't be surprised if ateneo and la salle will be back in the finals next year. i think now that ateneo is starting to get good players and with a great coach in norman black, ateneo and la salle will dominate the UAAP finals in the years to come.

Wow! "Alam namin na matalino kami!" What arrogance! Is this the Ateneo way? Or is this just self confidence boosting? I hopt its the latter..

Hahaha... Ang sensitive mo eh... Take a chill pill. ;)

Coz if its the former, feeling superior in intelligence as compared to others is just plain un-Atenean.. Or maybe this is the Ateneo way..

Oh no it isn't our way.

Buti pa sana If I said "MASmatalino kami sa inyong lahat", because I never said we were superior in intelligence as compared to others.

You know what's wrong is when a person reads a simple JEST like "oo alam namin matalino kami" and instantly turns it into an excuse to burn the person's school... I never burned your school in my post... You even did more damage than I did.

i.e.

1. feeling superior.... or maybe this is the ATeneo way?

2. Is that what your teachers taught you re: humility?

3. School's so-called superior intelligence

Don't ride on our stereotypes... Hindi kami mayabang, at hindi kayo bobo....

...And yeah c'mon you really don't know me or Ateneans, so you obviously aint got no place to go on a moral-burn-parade based on a stupid JEST like that.

Edited by Defiant

Oh and I was at the Ateneo Bonfire and I talked to this pretty gal who was at the Ateneo-LaSalle Victory Party in either Alchemy or Embassy... When all the players arrived at the VIP room up top... Rabeh went over to the la salle table and shook Hoffer's hand, and they hugged it out... And then all the other Ateneo players went over and hugged it out with the other La Salle players... And then later on, the Ateneo players were shouting the "Animo La Salle" cheer and the La Salle players were shouting "One Big Fight! GO ATENEO!" cheer. And they all partied together.

There you go peeps.... Our young players are better than us. :cool:

I can wait to read what dynamite007 has got to say about this. Yo!!! dynamite007 I'm calling you out bro... haha... to read this! :lol:

Edited by Defiant

^I am not burning your school.. I even said that para sa akin un-Atenean ang pagyayabang.. So, that means I don't see my Atenista friends as mayabang.. The use of the question, "or maybe this is the Ateneo way," is sarcasm.. When I used the "so-called superior intelligence," phrase, I was not thinking of you, but I was thinking of the other posters here..

Honestly, I have more Ateneo friends than La Salle friends.. My two kumpares (my best friends) are from Ateneo.. And they are very humble, to say the least.. Some of the posters here have made La Salle a laughing stock since this thread started.. I kept mum about it, but after Game 1, I had to speak up for my school's defense.. Lalo na when someone (who tries to appear that he is from your school) accused La Salle of getting the referees' nod all the time.. Even last year's win was put on the line..

Maybe, my words have been too harsh on what you stated, but you have to emphatize with me.. I was very pissed with was written by the so-called Atenistas (coz I don't consider them real Atenistas) in this thread.. Even when my school won against UE (last year), batikos ang puros narinig ko.. My school has often been ridiculed in the MTC's sports threads, and honestly, I am tired of it.. In that regard, I would like to apologize if you thought I was flaming you and your school.. Maybe, my defensive stance became too offensive.. Sorry, bro..

Now, on with your second post re: the DLSU/Ateneo victory parade.. That is a good sign that Rico and Rabeh shook hands.. School pride will always be there for us, but being an arrogant prick should not happen whether our schools win or lose.. That is a good sign and I feel that they have set an example for all of us to follow.. Its a humbling experience for both Rico and Rabeh.. Tandaan lang sana ng mga posters dito na nauna si Rabeh na lumapit.. That is humility.. And IMO, that is what I expect from a real Atenean.. And the acceptance of Rico is also something I expect from a La Sallista.. Good examples.. I hope our respective school communities follow their good leads..

Edited by revi
Is Beth Celis credible?

I have an Atenean friend who said that Rabeh was influenced by Carlos Sharma (his half-bro) to choose Ateneo over La Salle.. But this article by Celis clearly contradicts that tsismis.. Anyone from Ateneo care to dispute what was written here..

Ateneo has been very proud of their tradition that you won't get accepted even though you are a super basketball athlete if you have sub-par grades.. Kumbaga walang lugar ang mahina ang ulo sa kanilang school.. Now this?

La Salle has been condemned to burn in hell for accepting athletes who have low intelligence, right? Ganun ang tingin sa eskwelahan namin, diba? Ateneo is considered to be very superior academically di ba? But what gives with this Rabeh thing.. Ano ito biglang tumalino si Rabeh at pinasa niya entrance exam sa Ateneo? Or how about Ateneo overlooking Rabeh's PCU grades? Is Ateneo downgrading their policies just to win basketball games? And DLSU upgrading their academic policies? I wonder.. :unsure:

my only comment on this is, probably the reason why he got unnotice wasnt really about the grades. its because basketball politics either in whatever school havent catch up with this guy that time. meaning no one has even notice him and who would . . .. during that time we are still going gah gah over the likes of probably dennis espino, ortiguerra, telan, i think ateneo has big boy john verayo to name some.

look as much as i give credit to black in developing big men's game. i would still say rabeh has still room to improve and a whole lot room. yes he is the mvp but if you watch it closely you can see his still raw in some areas. no offense meant i just meant i expect more of him

Oh and I was at the Ateneo Bonfire and I talked to this pretty gal who was at the Ateneo-LaSalle Victory Party in either Alchemy or Embassy... When all the players arrived at the VIP room up top... Rabeh went over to the la salle table and shook Hoffer's hand, and they hugged it out... And then all the other Ateneo players went over and hugged it out with the other La Salle players... And then later on, the Ateneo players were shouting the "Animo La Salle" cheer and the La Salle players were shouting "One Big Fight! GO ATENEO!" cheer. And they all partied together.

There you go peeps.... Our young players are better than us. :cool:

now that was a class act from both schools.

having seen it, i think it's below the belt and i agree, it's uncalled for.

Di pa nagrereply Dynamite007? C'mon comedy minute.

Maybe, my words have been too harsh on what you stated, but you have to emphatize with me.. I was very pissed with was written by the so-called Atenistas (coz I don't consider them real Atenistas) in this thread.. Even when my school won against UE (last year), batikos ang puros narinig ko.. My school has often been ridiculed in the MTC's sports threads, and honestly, I am tired of it.. In that regard, I would like to apologize if you thought I was flaming you and your school.. Maybe, my defensive stance became too offensive.. Sorry, bro..

Apology Accepted... I sorta figured you were fed up with all the crap that's been going around about La Salle in the posts... IMO you can't avoid it, you've owned the championship from all the teams more than anyone, plus the top UAAP team to beat (well not this year. hehe), those to reason's alone are a sure way to birth haters from other schools. I apologize at least for my brethren dishing out against your school... We should definitely know better, as we have more experience losing the championship than winning one... Alam mo naman, discussions between rivals, rarely last without incivility... Been guilty of dishing out a few against La Salle in the past myself (but who isn't against a rival right?).

Badtrip yon ah... I will have to frown on that move. <_<

look as much as i give credit to black in developing big men's game. i would still say rabeh has still room to improve and a whole lot room. yes he is the mvp but if you watch it closely you can see his still raw in some areas. no offense meant i just meant i expect more of him

Exactly. a whole lot to improve still and the good thing for us is, he's got years left to develop.

---------

BTW, who is Bringas from San Beda high? I hear ADMU is recruiting him for next year. MVP daw highschool? Sorry San Beda. Hehehe

Anyone know who else are being recruited by ADMU? And who is DLSU turning green?

Edited by Defiant

admu already issued apologies for this but I think it was not really wrong since it was done at a supposedly purely ateneo affair. meron pa ngang mga persons dressed like la sallites who were acting a if serving as waiters to an atenoe group.

yes lama naman mamin ang joke sa la salle na in the filed of business ang amo or may ari taga la salle at ang mga empleyado mga atenista. do we mind? no? because it may be true in some cases.

talo talo nalang yan. you have your ateneo jokes we have our la salle jokes.

does it mean that deep in our hearts we trule hate each other? of course not.

Edited by barrysaint

2 October 2008

BROTHER ARMIN LUISTRO, FSC

President

De la Salle University System

2401 Taft Avenue

Manila

Re: Ateneo Bonfire

Dear Bro. Armin,

I would like to extend my deepest apology to you and to the La Sallian community for what some alumnus or student did at the Ateneo Bonfire, namely, write the names of the La Salle players on the wood. Unfortunately, none of us saw it ahead of time, because the wood pile was covered by a tarp against the rain until the time came to light it.

Despite our rivalries in sports, we are both committed to Christian values and what was done is certainly a violation of values we share.

Once again, my deepest apologies to you and to the La Sallian community. We are trying to find out who is responsible for the act.

Sincerely yours,

BIENVENIDO F. NEBRES, SJ

President

#####################################

Letter of Mr. Paredes to Fr. Nebres

#####################################

3 October 2008

Fr. Bienvenido F. Nebres, SJ

President

Ateneo de Manila University

Dear Fr. Nebres,

I write this letter for two reasons. The first one is to own up to producing the materials with the names of the Green Archers and placing them prominently in the woodpile before the bonfire for all to see.

Secondly, I sincerely apologize to you for the queasy situation you are in as a result of the backlash it created.

While the nature of this letter is a personal apology to you, please feel free to extend it to parties you may deem fit to receive it.

Sincerely,

Jesse Paredes

HS'54, AB'58

Right or wrong, I think it is a sign of breeding to apologize when you offend a brother.

It is also a sign of a gentleman to take responsibility for one's actions regardless of the consequences.

Ang sarap maging Atenista.