Philadelphia 76ers

I think Brett Brown will form a twin tower combo with Embiid and Okafor, reminiscent of the Admiral and Duncan; I see Okafor as the Duncan in this combo while Embiid is the Robinson. if Philly keeps Noel, he probably will play second fiddle to the two.

embiid and okafor arent as defensive and mobile as nerlens ...

for now i guess they can let embiid rest and heal up with no pressure long term i dont see them keeping all three ... one will probably be trade bait next year

sixers will prolly win 20-25 games this year get a 5-10 pick next year

Maybe Okafor isn't but Embiid is a pure shot-blocker in the mold of an Olajuwon.

Agree...embiid is a really good defensive stopper/presence...however...okafors low post offensive prowess is way way ahead of embiid..if okafor develops a mid range bankshot ala duncan...sixers would be crazy to trade those two....nerlens may be the odd one out if ever....try to trade nerlens for a ty lawson/kemba walker...

Nerlens = mutombo

embiid is a shotblocker, but just that, nerlens can steal, and is just more mobile

ly2 bae

No no no.....you must have mistaken embiid for noel....between those two...noel is more of a defensive minded player with not much offensive moves during his tenure with kentucky...theres a reason he was picked 6th during the draft....despite being a highly touted high school recruit...sadly he never filled the shoes of anthony davis....

Embiid on the other hand...blossomed during his stay with the kansas jayhawks...would have brought the jayhawks to the finals if not for his back injury...and look at that body frame....

If youd let me pick between noel and joel...id picked joel in a heartbeat....

No no no.....you must have mistaken embiid for noel....between those two...noel is more of a defensive minded player with not much offensive moves during his tenure with kentucky...theres a reason he was picked 6th during the draft....despite being a highly touted high school recruit...sadly he never filled the shoes of anthony davis....

Embiid on the other hand...blossomed during his stay with the kansas jayhawks...would have brought the jayhawks to the finals if not for his back injury...and look at that body frame....

If youd let me pick between noel and joel...id picked joel in a heartbeat....

Have you seen how Embiid plays? Try watching video clips when he was in college and see if he's only a shotblocker. The guy has been compared to Olajuwon.

read what i said again .. im saying Noel is the better defender than either Embiid or Okafor.. Nerlens can guard Point Guards .. he was among the leaders in steals last year, his lateral movements and reflexes are just top notch

Embiid can defend in the paint but thats about it.

but yes between the two i will pick Joel and his injury over Nerlens

but everythings moot now its looking like Joel will be out longer than expected .. so it looking like a jahlil/nerlens tandem for now

Edited by denimhead

lol

did u watch him all season? have you seen more than 10 games? i doubt it .. i dont even think sixers get coverage outside their viewing area. i watched them, both on TV and live ...

Im not saying matching up to a PG from the start, thats stupid. But the way Brett Brown has the Sixers play D is they switch a lot especially when the other team does the pick and roll.. he ends up getting caught with SG/SF/PG on the wings and still covers them, Mbah a Moute and Noel combined to get the Sixers 13th in Def ratings .. thats high for an 18 win team

Joel Embiid is still injured, it seems he is Greg Oden part 2 in the making :lol:

Noel & Okafor will be a good combination

Greg oden 2? Not really...im more inclined to think na blake griffin 2....In terms of the injury situation ha...for now...okafor and nerlens looks good....but embiid and okafor looks better....imagine noel/ okafor = mutombo/mcdyess or to those newer gen....deandre/griffin or tyson chandler/amare stoudamire.....however embiid/okafor = olajuwon/sampson or robinson/duncan....thats why trading off noel sounds great....and trade him to the blazers....and get damian lillard hehehe....malay mo kakagat sila especially now na aaalis si aldridge...

Learn how to analyze, junior. You're the one talking out of your ass. Read your posts again. Your posts reek of someone who doesn't know basketball. You just post away with no analysis whatsoever. Yeah sure, you watch the games but you have no idea of what you're watching. Watch the games again and again and again and learn to analyze the game before you yak about Embiid, Noel and Okafor. LOL.

One more time have you seen them play more than 5 times? Do u even know how the sixers play defense? Teams try to set up mismatches they pick and roll them to match a guard on a center or a pf w a guard to create chances. The sixers bec of their almost uniform height and athleticism are trained to guRd anybody. Noel has been caught w guarding faster guards and still can guard them until help or the guard passes to aNother plAyer. Im starting to think you dont even know basic badketball son. You just live on some analysts hot take or what you read on sportsblog ... Now before you go into the "but you posted Noel cN guard a point guard" defense read my posts again and analyse them reading comprehension isnt hard but if you still cant understNd it then maybe you can...

Go join Milo best or watch a barangay league maybe youll learn some basic basketball

• Like (+1) 1

Pikon na ba? LOL. Bitter ba? LOL. It is really pathetic when someone uses a thread just to rant. LOL.

Hahahaha! Talagang nag copy paste para lang sabihin on topic pero wala namang alam sa topic. Pathetic. LOL. Take your act to the rants thread. You're better off there. LOL.

Disrespectful? Hahahaha! Who disrespected who first? I was being respectful until I was told tby your boy toy that I was speaking out of my ass and you added to it by saying something totally unrelated to the topic. It is really none of my concern what makes you happy. Take your sorry act to the rants thread. This is the Sixers thread. Bitterness nga naman. LOL.

i mean really arguing with a female? youre just not stupid a sexist too ... fuk outta here dumbass

Again, I don't need to watch Philly's games to know that Noel will get burned once he switches on the point guard during the pick and roll and the point guard takes him off the dribble from the outside. Haha! You're hilarious. You just said that Noel can guard point guards and when your statement is challenged, all you can come up with is "read my posts again and analyze them. Reading comprehension isn't hard..blah blah blah". You don't even know what you're posting about. Junior, try understanding your own posts first before challenging mine. :lol:

you have no idea how stupid you sound, you say you know, but admit you havent seen them play .. hence i told you to stop speaking out of your ass ... but its evident you do. I said he CAN bec he has .. numerous times, some faster PGs burned him but he recovers bec of his speed to either block the PG or do enough to make them change their shots ... so yeah go troll the Lakers thread .. youve shown how stupid you are in this thread ..

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...