Philadelphia 76ers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest megalodon
yup....they met for 2hrs in dallas, ai and his agent with eddie jordan and the sixers....no word yet if it will push thru, but it's a start at least.

So Iverson is still in limbo as we speak.

Guest megalodon

In the event the Sixers get Iverson, the question is: what will Iverson's role be when Williams comes back? 6th man? benchwarmer? I mean knowing Iverson, he'll do to Philly what he did to the Grizzlies if he becomes a reserve when Williams comes back so it's better for Philly not to sign him.

In the event the Sixers get Iverson, the question is: what will Iverson's role be when Williams comes back? 6th man? benchwarmer? I mean knowing Iverson, he'll do to Philly what he did to the Grizzlies if he becomes a reserve when Williams comes back so it's better for Philly not to sign him.

honestly ai is not a natural point guard, when he was drafted out of georgetown i know he was really a shooting guard. i can remember that there was a time it was eric snow who was manning the pg position. ai is the kind of player who needs to handle the ball in order to score, because of his size he has to be creative with it....he is not like rip hamilton or reggie miller who will run around the picks and just pop it when he gets his hand on the ball. anyway, going back, when williams comes back, i don't think it will be an issue as iverson will slip back in to the 2 position....i just don't know whom he will bump off there.

ps. i saw ai's 1st ever professional game in the nba against the bucks back in 96....ang linis ng mga braso niya! as in walang tatoo what so ever. :upside:

Guest megalodon
honestly ai is not a natural point guard, when he was drafted out of georgetown i know he was really a shooting guard. i can remember that there was a time it was eric snow who was manning the pg position. ai is the kind of player who needs to handle the ball in order to score, because of his size he has to be creative with it....he is not like rip hamilton or reggie miller who will run around the picks and just pop it when he gets his hand on the ball. anyway, going back, when williams comes back, i don't think it will be an issue as iverson will slip back in to the 2 position....i just don't know whom he will bump off there.

ps. i saw ai's 1st ever professional game in the nba against the bucks back in 96....ang linis ng mga braso niya! as in walang tatoo what so ever. :upside:

Regarding the number 2 position, AI is gonna bump of AI as in Andre Igoudala. I don't think EJ will make Williams or Igoudala slide down to 6th man just to accomodate Iverson. AI still has what it takes to be a good player but his better days are behind him so unless Iverson learns to lower his pride, it won't be a wise decision for the Sixers to sign him.

i like AI .. loved him when he was playing here ... so im kinda torn with this return to Philly business .. the Sixers suck .. yes .. but they suck with a goal in mind ( to give the young players experience ) .. they cant finish close games, but thats youth for you. Getting AI now would only guarantee one thing.. lots more seats will get sold ... but that novelty wares off quickly tho .. when AI was shipped to denver attendance was already going down .. getting AI now will only stunt jrue's growth and team chemistry .. AI in his whole career has always been a ME first player .. and thats the last thing the sixers need.

Guest megalodon
megalodon is correct, ai and ai2 played together for philly for a couple of years.

is igoudala a 2 guy? di ba siya shooting forward?

I believe Igoudala is the starting shooting guard.

^ Hindi kaya, kukunin siya ng Philly and then retire him.. That would be good for AI's overinflated ego.. Atleast, he retired in a team that he started and became big with..

I wonder if this generation will get the anarchy in the UK reference in your avatar.

AI's definitely not going to agree to just come off the bench for this team.