Leather Shoes

dakki

My Mephisto shoes I got in France is by far the best damned walking shoe I ever got. Next are my Massimo Duttis. Comfortable but rugged. The Church's Shanghai oxford I got looks heavy and hard but it surprisingly fits like a glove and so comfortable to walk in and it looks like it can last a hundred years.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a huge Rockport fan. It's quite a big investment to have several pairs but I have to take good care of my feet. An orthopedic surgeon once advised me not to scrimp on footwear when it comes to comfort and quality. I take out the original insoles and replace them with high arch, copper-lined insoles (which I get from Singapore at Sgd65.00 a pair) that mold my feet well to the shoes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

At the moment, Hush Puppies, Aldo, and Mario D' Boro (which I regretted buying). Hush Puppies is definitely the most comfortable. Mario D' Boro is second, while Aldo is the least, maybe due to it being new, but the sole is very hard. Styling wise, I'd say Aldo tops, with Hush Puppies coming at close second, while Mario is at far third. Durability wise, Hush Puppies is definitely proven, I had used the pair for more than six years already, and while it shows wear and tear, it's still useable, and still looks good. Aldo is quite new, but I think they'll last. Mario D' Boro, despite it not being frequently used, has torn leather (due to it being synthetic leather)

My advice for shoe buyers: if you plan to make your shoes last, think of it as an investment. Even cheaper ones in Pedro looks quite good, and I might buy a pair from them. Never scrimp too much on shoes. Right now, I think the range between 2,500-4,500 Php is the sweet spot for the balance between affordability, durability, and style. Buying well-known brands during a sale (such as Florsheim selling some shoes for around 3,000 during one sale) can save you a pretty penny when considering the brand and the quality of their goods.

• 2 months later...