Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

agree!!! triple-A game ang kailangan. but this breakthrough win was a really confidence booster. slaughter must dominate!!! that 7-foot frame must be a monster in defense and no. 1 rim protector. marami pa din easy put backs ang TnT. at least yung mga close out sa 3s nakita na natin.

Chief, when is the next game?

Mga Kabarangay!!! Ayan na KAHIYAAN na ito! :lol: :lol: :lol:

2-2 AVATAR...Calling coach Tim Cone! ipanalo natin bukas...Kundi wala na po akong mukhang ihaharap dito! :lol: :lol: :lol:

4 sets of rotation ginamit ni CTC sa game 3; nag umpisa sya sa 5 guard sa first quarter, then yung pinag sabay yung Twin towers kasama si JB,Stan and LA, tapos 4 na malalaki kasama si LA and in between ginamit din yung 3 guard rotation nya!

Ano kaya bukas? Wohooooo!

tomorrow chief...and game 5 will be on saturday! yes NSD spirit tells me there will be a winner take all game 5. greg gumising ka na at pahirapan mo naman si terrence jones.

I hope it goes to a Game 5 but Ginebra has the capability to extend it to a fifth and deciding game because, top to bottom, Ginebra is better.

I hope it goes to a Game 5 but Ginebra has the capability to extend it to a fifth and deciding game because, top to bottom, Ginebra is better.

+ One here! It is just a matter of putting the pieces of the puzzle together...kagaya sa Game 3, napagtagpi-tagpi ni CTC yung puzzle for the win. We hope na sa Game 4 ay wala nang puzzle...picture perfect at naka frame pa yung puzzle board!

i honestly believe so too chief. brownlee, LA, stanley, japeth will have their usual numbers. the missing link really is slaughter. 8 points and 2 rebounds for a 7 foot center. scottie i think had 8 tsk tsk tsk if we can only see at least 50% of the slaughter who won the bpc a few years mas ok pa sana.

i honestly believe so too chief. brownlee, LA, stanley, japeth will have their usual numbers. the missing link really is slaughter. 8 points and 2 rebounds for a 7 foot center. scottie i think had 8 tsk tsk tsk if we can only see at least 50% of the slaughter who won the bpc a few years mas ok pa sana.

Gregzilla may have been rendered ineffective because TNT has big men that can shoot from three. He's too slow for close outs and if he closes out, the smaller guy like Rosario can drive to the basket once he gets faked. Greg is effective when a team has a dominant post player like Fajardo but when the big men of a team can shoot, he is forced to follow his man out.

Edited by will robie

Gregzilla may have been rendered ineffective because TNT has big men that can shoot from three. He's too slow for close outs and if he closes out, the smaller guy like Rosario can drive to the basket once he gets faked. Greg is effective when a team has a dominant post player like Fajardo but when the big men of a team can shoot, he is forced to follow his man out.

true chief. in a spread out offense like what TnT has been doing, greg seems to be like a useless bamboo stick. even the likes of taha has been licensed to shoot from beyond the arc. he becomes a liability on the defensive end. on the offensive end? i don't know but that's left to be desired. wala yatang mapiga si tim cone.

I will not be surprised if tim will use jb as pg later... baka surpresahin nya ulit this time using a very tall line up... or pg si jb at sg either si la or stanley... gusto ko makita how tnt will handle japeth, greg, prince, jb and jdv ... although baka mabagal masyado... :P

true chief. in a spread out offense like what TnT has been doing, greg seems to be like a useless bamboo stick. even the likes of taha has been licensed to shoot from beyond the arc. he becomes a liability on the defensive end. on the offensive end? i don't know but that's left to be desired. wala yatang mapiga si tim cone.

Greg is best used as a post defender or a drop-down defender in the paint.

• Like (+1) 1

Nuong FIBA Qualifiers pa na-expose yang weakness ni Greg... kapag may skilled and/or athletic na stretch 4 or center ang kalaban, nagiging inutil sya...

Greg is best used as a post defender or a drop-down defender in the paint.

Tumpak Sir! Kung gusto natin na mabawasan yung TJ- Rosario back door connection eh may malaking mama dapat na nasa ilalim ang that fits the bill for Slaughter.

My take on JB ;I think CTC will maximize his potential today..Scoring and Depending TJ ang gagawin nyan (as in wala ng bukas!).

The rest of the GSM crews will take this game 4! ililista ko na po.

Isa pa sa nakikita kong ipapagawa ni CTC today is to get physical with TJ...yan kasi yung isang bagay na di ina apply ni CTC,but today is different...I can really feel the need for PHYSICALITY and interestingly who will be tasked to do that brand of defense? a JDV? or a Raymon Aguilar? i will go for the later.

Goodluck sa ating lahat and may the basketball gods smile on the GINKINGS today! NSD!

Piso ka hambog. Overrated lang yang Jones na yan.

tama ka chief. overrated nga itong mamang ito. may temper din...madaling uminit ang ulo. isang matinding pitik lang dito, sasabog itong import ng TnT. so far so good. ingat lang kay castro at rosario sa 2nd half. maganda ang nilalaro nung dalawa.

Edited by junix

i was just wondering where the defense was? where was the effort to go for the loose balls? why was devance benched in the 4th quarter? what i saw was TnT wanted it more than ginebra. players on the floor were already tired. bakit hindi nagpasok ng iba. masyadong maiksi yung rotation. caperal would've given jones a hard time. chan would've hit some 3s. bawi sa 3rd conference? pagod na yung import natin. lastly, TRADE GREG SLAUGHTER NOW. walang ginawa...walang pakinabang.

Edited by junix
  • Like (+1) 2

Tumpak Sir! Kung gusto natin na mabawasan yung TJ- Rosario back door connection eh may malaking mama dapat na nasa ilalim ang that fits the bill for Slaughter.

My take on JB ;I think CTC will maximize his potential today..Scoring and Depending TJ ang gagawin nyan (as in wala ng bukas!).

The rest of the GSM crews will take this game 4! ililista ko na po.

Isa pa sa nakikita kong ipapagawa ni CTC today is to get physical with TJ...yan kasi yung isang bagay na di ina apply ni CTC,but today is different...I can really feel the need for PHYSICALITY and interestingly who will be tasked to do that brand of defense? a JDV? or a Raymon Aguilar? i will go for the later.

Goodluck sa ating lahat and may the basketball gods smile on the GINKINGS today! NSD!

Unfortunately, when TNT amped up the defensive intensity in the third and fourth quarters, Ginebra wilted. Ginebra just got outhustled, outplayed and outfought in the second half. It was disappointing. Aguilar was settling for dumb jumpers instead of using his height to power it to the rim. The vaunted back court trio of Stan, LA and Scottie were quiet but I think it was because they were bothered by the physical defense of TNT. The effort just wasn't there. JB also was bothered by the defense. Slaughter should have imposed his will inside. The Gin Kings deserved to lose this game.