Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

JETT Manuel is hanging up his sneakers for good.

The charismatic guard out of the University of the Philippines has chosen to end a brief professional basketball career that saw him become part of Ginebra's champion squad in the 2018 PBA Commissioner's Cup but hardly got a taste of court action.

Manuel was picked 12th overall by the Kings in the 2017 PBA Rookie Draft after he set the foundation for University of the Philippines' renaissance in his final collegiate years.

However, the 26-year-old only played sparingly in his only season in the PBA, mostly used when the games were already beyond doubt to the cheers of the Gin Kings faithful.

The former Maroons star hasn't bared his plan for the future, but that doesn't figure to be a problem for the licensed engineer who has also dabbled in TV work commentating on NCAA games last season.

The charismatic guard out of the University of the Philippines has chosen to end a brief professional basketball career that saw him become part of Ginebra's champion squad in the 2018 PBA Commissioner's Cup but hardly got a taste of court action.

Manuel was picked 12th overall by the Kings in the 2017 PBA Rookie Draft after he set the foundation for University of the Philippines' renaissance in his final collegiate years.

However, the 26-year-old only played sparingly in his only season in the PBA, mostly used when the games were already beyond doubt to the cheers of the Gin Kings faithful.

The former Maroons star hasn't bared his plan for the future, but that doesn't figure to be a problem for the licensed engineer who has also dabbled in TV work commentating on NCAA games last season.

itong batang ito ang sayang. nakakapanghinayang kasi di man lang nabigyan ng magandang playing time ni tim cone. puro garbage time na lang. posible kayang pulutin ng ibang team ito? mabigyan kaya ng playing time yung sargent at salem na rookie?

• Like (+1) 1

Wake up call ito hindi lang para sa Ginebra, but for the whole league as well. Ang retirement sa ganyang kaaga sa career is a reflection of how bad the PBA has become.

Hopefully magbago pa isip niya at may ibang team na kumuha sa kanya para naman makita natin ang kaya niyang gawin.

Best wishes sa kanya.

Wake up call ito hindi lang para sa Ginebra, but for the whole league as well. Ang retirement sa ganyang kaaga sa career is a reflection of how bad the PBA has become.

Hopefully magbago pa isip niya at may ibang team na kumuha sa kanya para naman makita natin ang kaya niyang gawin.

Best wishes sa kanya.

Ang decisive point daw sa kanyang pasya ay dahil daw sya ang inaasahang mag-manage ng kanilang family business being the panganay... I dont think so, the 'kicker' is dahil patay naman na ang basketball career niya for now.

Malamang mag-wait and see pa siya (he's still very young @ 26 yrs old). He may test the water sa MPBL, ABL, or somewhere else, because once a passionate baller will always be one unless you're injured na or matanda na.

Its jett's choice.. tho nag factor talaga yung kawalan ng playing time pero kung gusto niya talaga maglaro may MPBL, ABL at D League. Madali syang makukuha sa mga ligang yan kung gusto niya. Pero ang decision niya ay hindi basketball decision kundi family decision so lets see.

open pa rin naman daw ang team pag gusto niya bumalik. Its his choice again kung babalik o hindi. Bakit kasi kailangan pa bigyan ng 1 year si MC47 eh ni hindi na nga ginagamit.

Good thing he is a licensed Civil Engineer, mas kikita sya kung tutuusin. Mas ok din na mas ma practice niya ng maaga yung pagiging engr. niya.

Kung nagamit kaya sya sa trade package for Ray Parks mag reretire pa rin kaya?

Edited by daphne loves derby

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/jett-manuel-set-to-suit-up-for-mighty-sports-in-dubai-showpiece-a2437-20190105?ref=home_feed_2

mukhang secondary na lang yatang dahilan ni jett yung family business. i think the lack of playing time was a key factor in his decision not to sign the 1 year extension with ginebra.

Jett Manuel declines one-year Ginebra extension in favor of family business

“Majority talaga ng decision came from me wanting to help my parents kasi nung after college, they were asking me what I wanted to do and if I want to help them na," Manuel said in a phone interview. "Pero I wanted to see how far I can go with basketball. They were very supportive."

“Pero ang naging kicker talaga sa akin is eldest child ako so it’s something na I want to really help my parents. ‘Yun talaga ‘yung naging reason. ‘Yun ang one of the biggest reasons that made me decide.”

https://www.spin.ph/basketball/pba/jett-manuel-retirement-family-business-ginebra-tim-cone-one-year-contract-extension-offer-a795-20190104?ref=article_next_featured

Now that he's gone, Cone regrets not giving Manuel enough playing time the past season. But he couldn't do so because the team is loaded, to say the least, at his position.

"Well, I think the regret is I didn't give him enough playing time so he could feel good about his career. Maybe his parents didn't get the chance to feel good about his career. You get a guy like that and it really makes you sick that you didn't give him that opportunity," he said.

Magaling ba yung Salem bro?

Parang Chris Tiu kasi background ni Jett eh. Ang kaibahan lang is mas tumagal sa PBA si Chris Tiu. Mga angkan ng mayayaman at magaganda ang tinapos.

isang 3pt shooter sa PBA DL.

business clan din sila Manuel pero tlagang playing time lng ang main issue kaya nagalsabalutan.

yung Teodoro naglalaro nman sa MPBL yan...

goodluck na lng sa mga bagong players... sana lng tlaga magbigay sa si Coach Tim ng tamang playing time

Edited by darksoulriver

2019 PBA Muse

Alaska: Klea Pineda

Brgy. Ginebra San Miguel: Pia Wurtzbach

Blackwater: Michelle Gumabao & Jasmine Alkhaldi

Magnolia Hotshots: Sharon Cuneta

NLEX: Alyssa Valdez

NorthPort: Aya Fernandez

Phoenix: Yam Concepcion

Rain or Shine:

San Miguel: Kylie Verzosa

Opening na sa Linggo VS Token Text

pagkatapos ng LEO Awards.

I hope JMF Gets his 5th MVP to cement his GOAT status of the PBA

2019 AFC Schedule

DwXk8PzV4AItAKp.jpg

DwXk883U0AA6zYf.jpg

DwXk9wmUcAArirn.jpg

Best wishes sa kanya.

Mahirap din kasi... 12 teams sa pba... every year me rookie draft.... 144 players lang(not counting yung reserves) na makikipag tagisan sa mga baguhan around 24 people every year... me mawawala at mawawala sa line up...

Until magdagdag ng teams, tataas talaga attrition every year... maiiwan yung mga established veterans...

Its a good thing me mpbl at d league...

• Like (+1) 1