Barangay Ginebra Kings

slyfox

ALJON Mariano had just proven his worth with Barangay Ginebra.

The franchise deemed it best to retain the services of the 26-year-old forward after signing him recently to a fresh three-year deal.

Mariano played substantial minutes with the Kings during the PBA Governors Cup especially after stalwarts Joe Devance and Sol Mercado went down with injuries, even playing as part of coach Tim Cone’s starting unit.

In the 11 games he played in the eliminations, Mariano, a product of University of Santo Tomas, averaged 8.7 points, 4.5 rebounds and 1.8 assists.

• Like (+1) 1

My Boy Aljon earned that 3 year extension. eh Si Ellis Jr. ba kelan expiration? I trade na yan habang may trade value pa

Jervy + Ellis Jr + Sol or Jett for Ray Parks Jr.

pero much better kung si CJ Perez na lng targetin ng BGK keysa Ray Parks...

kung napapanood nyo yung laro nya sa MPBL takot masaktan at madaling bantayan not consistent shooter. poor defender poor ft shooting.

kung CJ Perez mgkaiba silang dalawa, though magkaiba yung liga i think mas may malaking macontribute at good deal yung tatlong player na nabanggit mo

Nakita na ng ibang teams ang weakness ng Ginebra after nung series nila against Magnolia. Yung mga guards ng Ginebra hindi nakasabay sa mga guards ng hotshots.

thats why I want parks or bolick kasi wala tanders na mga guard natin maliban ke Iskati. Ray Parks Jr. will immediately fill that role.

LA has 2-3 good years remaining, Sol cannot complete a full season without an injury, and MC47 should retire. Jett manuel is not a PG but a set shooter like Jeff Chan. Who like LA eh medyo nalalaos na kahit mahaba playing time nagiging liability pa minsan although still an effective floor spacer pag nasa loob.

And we all know scottie is more effective as a 2 guard.

suntok sa buwan kung makukuha natin kahit isa sa top 3 picks, nagsalita na tnt willing to trade daw romeo for #1 pick.. Asa naman eh bata ni MVP yun.

I wonder if that Alex Mallari trade will end up in Ginebra.

Well its between smb and tnt... so tnt wanted to ship romeo out... di na nila tiningnan yung trade value... pero mind you, semerad and heruela are no light weights... natyempo lang at loaded ang smb rotation... tataka lang ako, dapat sa 1 or 2 rookie pick na lang nila tinrade

Gsm will have their hands full in the afc... i hope jett and the rookie will step up...

Edited by *kalel*

so apparently attitude problem pala ang dahilan kung bakit inalis si Romeo, future na tinignan ng TNT sa 1st RD picks, maalis lang si Romeo.

That 1st round future picks will eventually lead to thirdy ravena and co.

Baka masira career ni Abai jan kay Romeo, tsk tsk tsk.

I dont know anything dun sa pick natin na si Salem pero base sa mga nababasa ko eh "shooter" daw. Yan din ang label ni Jett Manuel last year pero nangitlog lang.

I doubt kung makakapasok din to sa team - lets see.

• Like (+1) 1

Pinamigay na ng TnT si Terrence dahil 7 players ang inis sa kanya, may attitude talaga ang batang ito, kaya walang taker din sa kanya sa ibang PBA teams, kaya SMB na ang kumuha, sana Ginebra na lang ang kumuha dito at kulang sa PG ang team natin ngayon, dahil nasa twilight zone na si LA at Sol.

Mark Caguioa, 39, offered one-year contract by Ginebra

UNLESS he decides otherwise, Mark Caguioa will be back with Barangay Ginebra in the new PBA season.

The Kings have a standing one-year offer to the former league MVP for a 17th season with the franchise that selected him No. 3 overall in the 2001 PBA Rookie Draft.

If he signs, the 39-year-old guard will continue to receive the same salary he had under his previous contract with the Kings, SPIN.ph learned from multiple sources.

It's uncertain, however, if Caguioa is still receiving the league’s maximum salary.

The popular Ginebra player has yet to sign the contract as he won’t be back in the country from the U.S. until after the holidays. A person close to Caguioa however, doesn’t foresee any problems.

Caguioa averaged 3.6 points in 42 games played in the recently-concluded season in which he reached a career milestone by becoming the latest player to reach 10,000 points.

He has career averages of 13.9 points in a total of 717 games, all played with Ginebra where he won a total of seven championships, including last season’s Commissioner’s Cup.

A 12-time All-Star and three-time member of the Mythical First Team, the 2001 Rookie of the Year's biggest year came in 2012 when he was named league MVP.

Edited by photographer